PDA

View Full Version : F3s trailer idea

redrt
06-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Have an idea for a trailer to match my new F3s tube frame cargo style painted to match bike. But I want wheels like the F3 has
did not pay atention last time I saw a BRP trailer, do they have the same tire and 3 bolt rim as the bike? If so I could get the
frame and put the BRP axle and tire on it. Also have matching rims how sweet would that be! And put the F3 fenders on it too.
I have seen some trailers on line I liked but they had small tire and rim almost like a golf cart. Stoped by my local dealer to check on bolt patern but they did not have any trailers. The trailer I saw on line also had a fitted bag that came with it that was water prof too or you could put coolers what ever in it. I was thinking two pocket bikes and a cooler might work.

Bob Denman
06-02-2015, 05:21 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108715&stc=1

tip
06-02-2015, 06:22 PM
What type of hitch do you have on your F3?

Have an idea for a trailer to match my new F3s tube frame cargo style painted to match bike. But I want wheels like the F3 has
did not pay atention last time I saw a BRP trailer, do they have the same tire and 3 bolt rim as the bike? If so I could get the
frame and put the BRP axle and tire on it. Also have matching rims how sweet would that be! And put the F3 fenders on it too.
I have seen some trailers on line I liked but they had small tire and rim almost like a golf cart. Stoped by my local dealer to check on bolt patern but they did not have any trailers. The trailer I saw on line also had a fitted bag that came with it that was water prof too or you could put coolers what ever in it. I was thinking two pocket bikes and a cooler might work.

Chupaca
06-02-2015, 06:38 PM
When will you have her done..??:roflblack: sounds great but my mental picture is lacking...:banghead:

redrt
06-03-2015, 06:59 AM
I do not have a hitch yet was just going to cut a square steel tube and weld it too rear factory bracket. going too collect parts to make trailer and hope to have it this fall for some trips.

OJ UK
06-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Before you risk losing any of the warranty cover I'd take a look at p74 of your operator's guide (as BRP
choose to call the manual!). Then I would wait until Lamont has produced his towing hitch and his opinions.
Just my twopence worth!

ARtraveler
06-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Also noted information from BRP about warranty/trailer information in a e-mail ad yesterday for the Freedom Trailer.

They said it is for the RT and the ST. They also said "the only trailer that will keep your warranty in force."

No mention of F3 and ominous for those who are using other versions of trailers.

We have not had any specific issues posted that I can remember, but wonder how the situation will be handled when....

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-03-2015, 11:25 PM
I do not have a hitch yet was just going to cut a square steel tube and weld it too rear factory bracket. going too collect parts to make trailer and hope to have it this fall for some trips.

" WELD IT " .....have you lost your mind :lecturef_smilie: :lecturef_smilie: :lecturef_smilie:......I have given a lot of thought to the design and creation of a Hitch for the F-3.....( I have made 3 for other Spyders )....But none of my thoughts EVER included welding it to the factory frame on the F-3 ......UNLESS you are referring to the piece that surrounds the rear tire and are planning to put an " L " bracket there, and then put the " BALL " onto that...??????.........................Mike :thumbup: