PDA

View Full Version : Bajaron sway bar

DougC
06-01-2015, 12:11 PM
I have a 2014 STL and was out for a ride the other night with my wife. She was
on back and she said she felt a lot of what she thought was wind swaying the bike. I have 4000 miles on the bike and this is only the second time shes
rode with me. Wondering if the bajaron swaybar or antisway bar really makes a difference and if so and your mechanically inclined can you install it yourself?? Thanks in advance

NSPYTE
06-01-2015, 01:42 PM
I have a 2013 ST limited and the addition of the bigger sway bar makes a HUGE difference riding in the back. Hardest part of the install is getting the bike lifted high enough (22 inches to make room to remove the stock bar) and taking off the panels to clear the way. Instructions are straightforward and there are also a video on youtube (doesnt show the removal of the panels) (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej78b8AluoU). Worthwhile investment!

ARCTIC
06-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Do u have to remove the frunk to install? I'm curious if anyone who's installed one of these disliked it or wasn't wowed with the results. I think I'll start a poll. Many praise it on this forum

Chupaca
06-01-2015, 02:14 PM
the sway bar and hiem joints will help with many handling issues you may not even be awere off. It is a great investment...let us know what you find...:thumbup:

Rob Rodriguez
06-01-2015, 02:49 PM
You don't have to remove the frunk but removing the frunk is really easy (on the RS anyway) so I would recommend removing it. The total install is really pretty easy.

The sway bar is worth every $ it cost in my opinion. This is how BRP should be sending the bike from the factory. Specific to 2 up riding. I occasionally carry a passenger on my RS. Before the Ron bar was installed with a rider on the back handling can was a little sketchy. Definitely not confidence inspiring and truthfully a little scary and maybe dangerous. With the Ron bar the bike handles the same with two riders as it does with one. It removes the "roll" and It's just a lot greater feeling of control and confidence.

MercerLake
06-01-2015, 06:31 PM
I have a 2014 STL and was out for a ride the other night with my wife. She was
on back and she said she felt a lot of what she thought was wind swaying the bike. I have 4000 miles on the bike and this is only the second time shes
rode with me. Wondering if the bajaron swaybar or antisway bar really makes a difference and if so and your mechanically inclined can you install it yourself?? Thanks in advance

I just finished my install, took about 2 hours including constructing a set of ramps! I used one pair of concrete blocks with a single 2"x6" covering each block and a 2"x6"x 60" for a ramp on each block. This gives about 16" of clearance, which was plenty for me. A pair of 13mm combination wrenches, a 10mm socket and ratchet, and the correct size bit for the Tupperware screws, and a chunk of 2x4 per Ron's instructions is all that is required with an RS.
Kudos to Ron:yes::yes:

BamaJohn
06-28-2015, 11:25 AM
I just finished my install, took about 2 hours including constructing a set of ramps! I used one pair of concrete blocks with a single 2"x6" covering each block and a 2"x6"x 60" for a ramp on each block. This gives about 16" of clearance, which was plenty for me. A pair of 13mm combination wrenches, a 10mm socket and ratchet, and the correct size bit for the Tupperware screws, and a chunk of 2x4 per Ron's instructions is all that is required with an RS.
Kudos to Ron:yes::yes:

My Baja Ron (anti)sway bar and heim joint links are to arrive tomorrow, so I viewed the video on installation and began removing plastic covering, and removing, and removing, and removing. The STL has a bunch of undercover to remove just to get to the 2 final bolts holding the frunk on. And the side wings that flare out around the floor boards and back under the frame are interesting (in order to remove the 2 sets of square plastic "holders" for the sway bar). After taking a few breaks to minimize the swearing, I finally have the original sway bar in hand and wonder if I'll be able to figure out where all that loose stuff goes again. I agree with the video...once all the plastic is removed and the spider's jacked up 22", the install's easy....that other stuff is the hard part. :p
JB

Edsts
06-28-2015, 05:47 PM
My Baja Ron (anti)sway bar and heim joint links are to arrive tomorrow, so I viewed the video on installation and began removing plastic covering, and removing, and removing, and removing. The STL has a bunch of undercover to remove just to get to the 2 final bolts holding the frunk on. And the side wings that flare out around the floor boards and back under the frame are interesting (in order to remove the 2 sets of square plastic "holders" for the sway bar). After taking a few breaks to minimize the swearing, I finally have the original sway bar in hand and wonder if I'll be able to figure out where all that loose stuff goes again. I agree with the video...once all the plastic is removed and the spider's jacked up 22", the install's easy....that other stuff is the hard part. :p
JB

Just had my sts done , I had a local shop installed the fox shocks , sway bar from Ron and the links , $170.00 later i was cutting corners and felt the difference immediately. You will not be disappointed.

Lew L
07-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Get the bar
You'll be a lot happier for it.

Kaos

900Dave
07-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Get the bar
You'll be a lot happier for it.

Kaos

:agree: Best money you will ever spend on your Spyder.

fulltimer
07-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Had a shop in Texas install the bar and links as I just don't do the ground crawling like I used to. CAN'T SAY ENOUGH about return on investment in just increased fun in the ride. Just changes the bike all by itself.

You won't be sorry.

Justacruisin
07-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Don't leave home without it. The difference is like night and day. You just fill safer ridding.

ingramwc
07-03-2015, 08:25 AM
:agree: Best money you can spend on your Spyder!!!! Cornering becomes a pleasant experience!!! So much more fun!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Gator37
07-03-2015, 08:40 AM
I am a firm believer in the Sway bar. Before I had mine installed on my 2014 RT-S Spyder I was not comfortable with the steering. It seemed to have a mind of it's own. Since I had one installed It is a lot more comfortable and stable to ride. I believe that if you are mechanical you could do it yourself. I am not so didn't attempt it. Another thing I feel should come with the Bike is the Bump Skid.