PDA

View Full Version : Flags

Cruzr Joe
06-01-2015, 09:45 AM
I have tried flags in several places on my Spyder

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108626&stc=1 up top they seemed to be the best, until i tried putting my cover on the Spyder, broke flag masts or ripped cover, next idea

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108627&stc=1 hey this worked great, no problem with the cover, but before very long the flag got very dirty very quick, next idea

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108628&stc=1 tried these and so far they stay clean, don't interfere with the cover, and still fly proudly.

this last one is the Rivco, license plate mounted dual flag holder in chrome.

Still not real happy with Rivco because of some cheap flag holder clips that i had to pay extra for but the flag holder is nice.

Cruzr Joe

murphybrown
06-01-2015, 10:12 AM
I have tried flags in several places on my Spyder

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108626&stc=1 up top they seemed to be the best, until i tried putting my cover on the Spyder, broke flag masts or ripped cover, next idea

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108627&stc=1 hey this worked great, no problem with the cover, but before very long the flag got very dirty very quick, next idea

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108628&stc=1 tried these and so far they stay clean, don't interfere with the cover, and still fly proudly.

this last one is the Rivco, license plate mounted dual flag holder in chrome.

Still not real happy with Rivco because of some cheap flag holder clips that i had to pay extra for but the flag holder is nice.

Cruzr Joe

I've had my ISCI tall flag/license plate holder for years. Transferred from '10 RT to '14 RTS...great quality...stands up to my miles of smiles...check it out..pretty sure your detail to quality will approve. Hope all goes great with you guys....how are the granite counter tops coming???:roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
06-01-2015, 10:14 AM
I've had my ISCI tall flag/license plate holder for years. Transferred from '10 RT to '14 RTS...great quality...stands up to my miles of smiles...check it out..pretty sure your detail to quality will approve. Hope all goes great with you guys....how are the granite counter tops coming???:roflblack:

Granite counter tops ....:(:( .........she is still searching for the ones she wants ............... the estimates are getting higher :(:(

Chupaca
06-01-2015, 10:58 AM
saw some great ones mounted to the front fender mounts. Flags flew nicely up there...:thumbup: wish I had a photo, no much of a shutter bug...

bruiser
06-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Murphybrown, that's the same one I have. Very pleased with it. Very good quality AND the flag they supply is made in America and comes from SSP Flags.

sduskin
06-01-2015, 11:21 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108634&stc=1

ARtraveler
06-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Do you folks who have flags mounted near the license plate have a problem with the flags getting full of road crud? Seems to me that they would. That black Tupperware is the first to get dirty on my :spyder2:.

Cruzr Joe
06-01-2015, 11:37 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108634&stc=1

Did you think my flags were not on properly???? or did you just post this so that others would know that mine are correct??

As an American and the Proud Father of a U.S. Marine, My flag will always fly correctly.

Cruzr Joe

PrairieSpyder
06-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Murphybrown, that's the same one I have. Very pleased with it. Very good quality AND the flag they supply is made in America and comes from SSP Flags.

Me, too! I like the ISCI mount, though it's more expensive than the Rivco ones.

ARtraveler
06-01-2015, 11:39 AM
It looked informational to me. Yours are right on Joe. :bowdown:

PrairieSpyder
06-01-2015, 11:41 AM
saw some great ones mounted to the front fender mounts. Flags flew nicely up there...:thumbup: wish I had a photo, no much of a shutter bug...

I'd like to see that, too! If anyone gets a pic, please post it.

Do you folks who have flags mounted near the license plate have a problem with the flags getting full of road crud? Seems to me that they would. That black Tupperware is the first to get dirty on my :spyder2:.

We'll find out by the time we get to your place in Alaska, Dwayne. Though my US flags mounted there did OK, so far, coming home from Spyderfest.

PrairieSpyder
06-01-2015, 11:42 AM

:agree:

Bob Denman
06-01-2015, 11:47 AM

:agree: It sure wasn't posted to correct your display method. :thumbup:
And Thanks for posting it!! :clap:

LJspydee
06-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Still taking greif over the granite counter tops? Better bite the bullet before it costs even more!

Cruzr Joe
06-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Still taking greif over the granite counter tops? Better bite the bullet before it costs even more!

:banghead: <granite counter top.

Cruzr Joe

murphybrown
06-01-2015, 12:38 PM

SSP is the go to flag company IMHO...just ordered the custom flags for the North to Alaska group. Yep the ISCI flag/license plate holder (the tall model clears everything)..and they are an awesome Spyderlovers Sponsor also...Go ISCI and SSP Flags..:thumbup::yes:

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-01-2015, 01:13 PM
I bought the Rivco trunk mounted flag mounts at Spyderfest. So far have only flown the US flag but I've got an Idaho state flag and a Finland flag on order. Will fly whichever I'm in the mood for as the second flag. My heritage is Finnish, of which I'm quite proud. So far the flag doesn't seem to have gotten too dirty although I rode through a lot of rain on the way home. I agree w/ Joe about the cheap chincy clips. I read somewhere the other day a suggestion to use stainless washers and a rubber grommet to hold the flag in place.

One thing I've noticed is the flag flies backwards a lot of the time, flapping up against the antenna. Shows how much the wind swirls around behind the bike at 70 plus! Anyone else ever notice this?

PrairieSpyder
06-01-2015, 02:02 PM
I bought the Rivco trunk mounted flag mounts at Spyderfest. So far have only flown the US flag but I've got an Idaho state flag and a Finland flag on order. Will fly whichever I'm in the mood for as the second flag. My heritage is Finnish, of which I'm quite proud. So far the flag doesn't seem to have gotten too dirty although I rode through a lot of rain on the way home. I agree w/ Joe about the cheap chincy clips. I read somewhere the other day a suggestion to use stainless washers and a rubber grommet to hold the flag in place.

One thing I've noticed is the flag flies backwards a lot of the time, flapping up against the antenna. Shows how much the wind swirls around behind the bike at 70 plus! Anyone else ever notice this?

You're Finnish! I'm Un-finnished!

Cruzr Joe
06-01-2015, 02:07 PM
You're Finnish! I'm Un-finnished!

You my dear are a CHARACTER. (said in a loving way) :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

murphybrown
06-01-2015, 08:17 PM
And the SSP flags launder well... I'll be flying them. All the way on North to Alaska trip. :thumbup::yes:

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-01-2015, 08:46 PM
SSP is the go to flag company IMHO...
Couldn't find the flags I wanted on their site. Ordered mine from J&P Cycles.

PistonBlown
06-02-2015, 04:58 AM
At least in the US know what your flag is - we're currently having a referendum on ours.

sduskin
06-02-2015, 07:51 AM
Did you think my flags were not on properly???? or did you just post this so that others would know that mine are correct??

As an American and the Proud Father of a U.S. Marine, My flag will always fly correctly.

Cruzr Joe

I posted it because over the last year I have seen several questions about flying the flag and have seen photos where it is incorrect.

HOWEVER, YOURS ARE CORRECT!

Thank you.

-Steve.

ps. my flag mount for the trailer hitch to fly a 3x5 is on my list to purchase next. :)

PrairieSpyder
06-02-2015, 08:04 AM
At least in the US know what your flag is - we're currently having a referendum on ours.

What's up?

2Paw
06-02-2015, 08:32 AM
up top they seemed to be the best, until i tried putting my cover on the Spyder, broke flag masts or ripped cover, next idea

I got my Daughter to make trimmed out holes in my travel cover for the Flag poles. I have the Rivco ones that mount under the trunk lid.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-02-2015, 09:39 AM
I got my Daughter to make trimmed out holes in my travel cover for the Flag poles. I have the Rivco ones that mount under the trunk lid.
I carry a 7/16 open/box wrench on the trunk, between the hinges, and use it to take the flag off the mounting plate when I put the cover on. I replaced the lower acorn nut with a stainless wing nut and washer so it's quick and easy to take the flag off and put back on. I use the cover only when I'm on trips so it's not like it's an everyday procedure.