PDA

View Full Version : we have another convert

vondalyn
05-31-2015, 05:57 PM
We went to the demo days today. My husband misses the RT, so that's what he signed up to ride. I chose the RSS since I always liked them and thought that was going to be my next spyder (before the F3 came out). A friend of ours rode the F3 and liked it.

First: My experience with the RSS. I swung my leg over it just like I do to get on the F3. Once I got in the saddle, it was just "normal" to put my feet out where the F3 pegs are... that put my feet onto the little splash fins on the RSS. Oopsy! I actually had to lean over and look down to see where the pegs are (and MAN! they're small compared to the F3). I did enjoy my ride, but what a different seating position. I never thought it felt that strange when I rode it after riding the RT and ST. Now it feels totally foreign. That didn't take long.

Second: We got back from the ride and my husband said that the foot position and the way you sit on the RT felt totally wrong to him, and he says when we can afford a 2nd spyder it's going to have to be the F3 for him.

Wow! I'm not a gambler, but I would have bet against that ever happening. So... on to saving some $$ towards a second F3 :)

llyrad
05-31-2015, 06:03 PM
Congratulations on the F3! I totally agree with you, all it takes is one test ride and your ruined for any other Spyder! I too come from an RT-S

ARtraveler
05-31-2015, 08:14 PM
:yes::yes: We will be looking for the announcement and the pictures when the F3 comes home. :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
05-31-2015, 08:23 PM
:thumbup: Good comparison of the 3 models. Thanks.

Chupaca
05-31-2015, 08:26 PM
Those demo days can mess you up...looking forward to the new addition...pictures of course...:lecturef_smilie: enjoy the one you got till then...:roflblack:

tsmdvl3
05-31-2015, 10:06 PM
Just got mine Thursday! had a 2011 rs. loved the f3 after test driving.