PDA

View Full Version : Air Box removal - a tip for future removals!

finless
05-31-2015, 12:44 PM
While this may not help you the first time you remove the Spyder RT's air box, modifying the front and rear air box spring clips will certainly help you the next time!

One of the biggest hang ups with getting the air box out is the STUPID lid spring clips hang on everything! The frame, glove box edge, you name it.

Once you get the air box out, use a screw driver to push the "locking tabs" that keep the clips secure to the air box and remove the clips. Then hammer the locking tab flat. This will allow you to remove the clips the next time you go to pull the air box out.

When I did this the air box went back in the Spyder MUCH easier without the spring clips in the way! Once the air box is in, I just installed the spring clips. Once the clips are "latched" they wont go anywhere.

Hope this helps someone :)

http://youtu.be/EXX5AQtdHzo

Bob

cuznjohn
05-31-2015, 01:43 PM
bob you should get a set of these for when your riding and doing recordings. i have a set and they work great, i have the set with the removable mini card so all i need to do is plug it into the computer and download. at least than you can use 2 hands