PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rode the Diamondback in NC?

jroberts650
05-28-2015, 09:00 AM
I was curious if anyone has ridden the Diamondback in NC at Little Switzerland, NC? Me and the wife are going for a few days next week and just wondering anyone's experiences there.

Highwayman2013
05-28-2015, 09:27 AM
That is a really nice place to stay and a beautiful area to see. http://diamondback226.com/

jroberts650
05-28-2015, 09:48 AM
Yeah i'm sure it is. We had looked online and found it, only 2 hrs from us. We're staying at the Little Switzerland Inn and hoped to have from feed back before we get there.

That is a really nice place to stay and a beautiful area to see. http://diamondback226.com/

blacklightning
05-28-2015, 10:58 AM
I never stayed there, but I have ridden the Diamondback twice on my M109R, and twice this past fall on my Spyder. It is a really nice road with lots of twisties. Last fall we went right after some sub freezing temps. At that time we had to be careful to avoid ice as the water ran across the road.

Grandpot
05-28-2015, 11:12 AM
Little Switzerland is a great place to stay. First class restaurant and bar.

After you do Diamondback ride over to Marion and go up Hwy 80 to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It puts Tail of the Dragon in 2nd place.

jroberts650
05-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Nice, I love the 109's. How do you think the RT's would do in the twisties? I'm not really wanting to go nuts but we're both looking to see how the RT does.

I never stayed there, but I have ridden the Diamondback twice on my M109R, and twice this past fall on my Spyder. It is a really nice road with lots of twisties. Last fall we went right after some sub freezing temps. At that time we had to be careful to avoid ice as the water ran across the road.

BikerDoc
05-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Nice, I love the 109's. How do you think the RT's would do in the twisties? I'm not really wanting to go nuts but we're both looking to see how the RT does. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the RT . on many occasions I have had to wait on two wheelers blocking my top speeds on the roads in NC and TN

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-28-2015, 03:04 PM
Little Switzerland is a great place to stay. First class restaurant and bar.

After you do Diamondback ride over to Marion and go up Hwy 80 to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It puts Tail of the Dragon in 2nd place.

" THE RATTLER ".....better than Dragon also..........Mike :thumbup:

blacklightning
05-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Nice, I love the 109's. How do you think the RT's would do in the twisties? I'm not really wanting to go nuts but we're both looking to see how the RT does.
I normally do pretty good on the M109, but I was surprised at how fast I could take it on my 2014 RT. There were 3 of us on RT's, 2 M109's, 1 yamaha meanstreak, and 1 guy on a Yamaha FJR. Of course the guy on the FJR was a driving a little conservative, but myself and the other guy on the 2014 RT left everyone except 1 very good rider on a M109. The others were way behind. 2 weeks from right now I should be able to give a report on how the spyder will do on a loop that we take us from Maggie Valley through the Dragon and Cherohola Skyway;).