PDA

View Full Version : dess

ssmcclub
05-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Had the dess warning come up can't start move key 30ft away for 20 minutes it is ok now. I use to keep the key near the bike for a year no problem ,it has worked now every time I start it it is a 2014 rss, when I start it now I do not have to press on the brake to start it, I think I had to step on the brake to start it mybe I am wrong?:shocked::shocked:

billybovine
05-27-2015, 10:25 AM
Had the dess warning come up can't start move key 30ft away for 20 minutes it is ok now. I use to keep the key near the bike for a year no problem ,it has worked now every time I start it it is a 2014 rss, when I start it now I do not have to press on the brake to start it, I think I had to step on the brake to start it mybe I am wrong?:shocked::shocked:

The key has a range of about one inch max away from the antenna located in the ignition switch. 30ft is an extreme exaggeration. Waiting 20 minutes for a fault to clear is also an extreme exaggeration. Faults that reset by turning off the key takes 20 seconds so wait 30 to be safe.

If you got a DESS error report it to your dealer. There have been a lot of problems with DESS units in 2014 and later models.

ssmcclub
05-27-2015, 10:50 AM
ok thank you

Cruzr Joe
05-27-2015, 11:01 AM
When i had the dess problem, i took the Spyder to my dealer with both keys and he did a BUDS update and the computer re-learned the keys, no more problems.

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
05-27-2015, 09:47 PM
but do have it checked out cause when it goes you will be stranded. Could be a glitch, update or replacement. :thumbup: