PDA

View Full Version : NEW FARKELS, ALMOST FINISHED (for now)

900Dave
05-26-2015, 09:12 PM
Started out in the spring by ordering the primary muffler bypass from Pittbull. I was not happy (my fault) as I new I did not get the slip joint gaskets installed correctly. I ordered new gaskets and started over. Practice makes perfect, and yes when I removed the pipe I did indeed have major exhaust leaks.

Next I removed the famous evap canister. BAD idea! This made the gas smell worse than it ever had been before. I reinstalled the canister, but rerouted the vent line up, as far up as I could. Added about a foot of hose. Now I believe the canister is working as it should. I can see some vapors on a hot day but no dripping of fuel.

I then ordered and added the Ultimate seat and driver backrest. Seat is OK and is getting better as it breaks in. It is starting to soften up a bit.

Next I added the Two Brothers M5 Carbon Fiber silencer. I must say Nice piece. Easy install, took less than 35 minutes. I must say I only have a few miles on it. Just installed it today but not as loud as I thought it might be. I am happy about that and it gives a real nice deep throated tone. The wife was not happy that I ordered this part but today she told me it sounded good.

I also ordered the RAM handle bar mount and X grip for my phone but it is back ordered and not expected to ship for another three weeks.

I also REMOVED a farkle I added last year. I removed JT's air filter and intake. It served it purpose at the time but with the 2014 air flow panels and the primary muffler bypass I felt it was no longer needed and I got tired of the intake noise.

Here are some pics of the Two Brothers and you can also see my new seat.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108185&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108184&stc=1

xBobbyx
05-26-2015, 09:21 PM
Looking good Dave.

Chupaca
05-26-2015, 09:25 PM
lots of work done and undone....looks great and whats best is you both like the changes....it takes my lovely wife at least six rydes to notice changes...:roflblack: by then shes used to it...:roflblack: congrats on all your work..:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
05-27-2015, 07:24 AM
:clap: Wise choice of words:
"Almost finished... (For Now)!" :thumbup:

It's looking GREAT!! :2thumbs:

spydaman60
05-27-2015, 07:29 AM
i loved our ultimate seat on the rss. it did take 500 to 1000 miles to break in though. think you'll appreciate it more when you get to that point.:thumbup: