PDA

View Full Version : North to Alaska Blog

Pages : [1] 2 3

SpyderAnn01
05-26-2015, 08:57 PM
With a little over one month until we embark on our epic adventure I thought it would be a good idea to set up a place for the group to post about our adventure. The plan is for us to post as a group as often as we can and we will use this post to let you follow along on the trip. Feel free to comment.

SPYDERGUY1
05-26-2015, 09:01 PM
Where are you leaving from ? Where are you going to ? How many ? Any backup in case of problems ? More info. Wish I could go with you, but will be on an alaskan cruise at that time.

MrBones
05-26-2015, 09:24 PM
Been to Alaska twice on my Goldwing in the early 80s. Once on the Alcan and the next year on the Cassier (sp?} Both trips were great! So have a good time and don't get in a rush at the hoghway improvement stops.

SpyderAnn01
05-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Where are you leaving from ? Where are you going to ? How many ? Any backup in case of problems ? More info. Wish I could go with you, but will be on an alaskan cruise at that time.

We are leaving from Chelan, WA on the 29th of June. I believe that there are 14 of us on 10 Spyders and 1 KTM Adventure. I've got a bunch of tools and good credit!

cptjam
05-27-2015, 12:24 AM
Me!

PrairieSpyder
05-27-2015, 06:38 AM
I'm leaving here for Chelan, Wash., on June 17. There's lots of country between here and there to see along the way. Murphy Brown is arranging a get-together on June 28. She's also commissioned some art-work for the group and we'll have t-shirts, hoodies and flags. Some of us also got some patches, the proceeds of which are going to a charity.

I have some more work to do on my trailer. And I have on order some highway pegs and Custom Dynamics high brake light; they should be here on Friday and I'll get them installed this weekend. After all my trailer stuff is done, I'll start packing.

How about all the Alaska trekkers post where they're starting from and about their travel to join the group?

Bob Denman
05-27-2015, 07:22 AM
:shocked: Should somebody warn "D", to put away the fine China? :D :joke:
I can't wait to hear about the adventure as it happens... please take LOTS of pictures for the rest of us! :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
05-27-2015, 08:47 AM
How about all the Alaska trekkers post where they're starting from and about their travel to join the group?

Great idea Patti. I thought maybe I could post all of our names and where we are from as the signature on the North to Alaska user but I don't have all of that info.

Joe (CPTJAM) and I are leaving Las Vegas (wasn't there a movie by that name?) on the 24th. We are doing 12 alignments in Spokane on Friday and Saturday then we head to Chelan on Sunday.

PrairieSpyder
05-27-2015, 08:54 AM
Great idea Patti. I thought maybe I could post all of our names and where we are from as the signature on the North to Alaska user but I don't have all of that info.

Joe (CPTJAM) and I are leaving Las Vegas (wasn't there a movie by that name?) on the 24th. We are doing 12 alignments in Spokane on Friday and Saturday then we head to Chelan on Sunday.

Go ahead and post the handles, names, starting locations of the ones you know. Then anyone else who wants to be included in the sig can post or PM you.

murphybrown
05-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Murphybrown: Chelan, WA (I need to travel from one end of house to other! :roflblack:!!)
Couple from Minnesota
Couple from AZ
Prairiespyder: Kansas
Couple from NY (near Buffalo)
Couple from Saskatchewan
SpyderAnn and the dude, CPT Marvelous (lol)!! Las Vegas
Fred from Manson, WA (his wife, Cathy, will join us in Eagle River)
Couple from Las Vegas
After we cross the border into BC another couple will join us and lead us on some "less traveled roads" to our first night at Clinton, BC
Akspyderman and AKspyderlady, from Chugiak, AK will be our personal tour guides for 4 days of ryding in the Eagle River, AK area.

Hey this blog is a GREAT idea...way to do it Ann...:thumbup:

R FUN
05-27-2015, 12:07 PM
We are the couple from Rocanville Saskatchewan. We will be leaving here around the middle of June and stop at relatives in Alberta and British Columbia before meeting up with the group on the first night out in Clinton B.C. on June 29th.
Roger & Linda

ARtraveler
05-27-2015, 12:15 PM
Your tour guides await, and are looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

The excitement builds and I think this is going to be a fantastic experience for all.

:firstplace::firstplace::firstplace: To Murphybrown for coming up with, and following through with this epic plan. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

SpyderAnn01
05-27-2015, 12:31 PM
I can't get the dang signature info to show up. :banghead: Let's hope I have better luck posting the blog.

Duh, I just needed to post something.

PW2013STL
05-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Kathy and I (Les) are the couple from Minnesota.

We will be leaving home on Friday June 26th around 4:30pm staying in Jamestown Friday night. Then Butte, MT Saturday night and the famous MB hotel and bar in Chelan, WA (Karyl you do have a bar -right?:roflblack:)

Les

maliamd
05-27-2015, 03:28 PM
i am so excited for everyone. Gary and I lived in Anchorage for a few years and just loved it. Drove the Alcan and what an experience. Is there any way you could post an interactive map so we can follow your route?

murphybrown
05-27-2015, 03:42 PM

We will be leaving home on Friday June 26th around 4:30pm staying in Jamestown Friday night. Then Butte, MT Saturday night and the famous MB hotel and bar in Chelan, WA (Karyl you do have a bar -right?:roflblack:)

Les

read title !!!!! Lol

murphybrown
05-27-2015, 03:44 PM
i am so excited for everyone. Gary and I lived in Anchorage for a few years and just loved it. Drove the Alcan and what an experience. Is there any way you could post an interactive map so we can follow your route?

not sure how to post such here. But both Fred and I have the SPOT. PM me your email and I will send you the link

PrairieSpyder
05-27-2015, 03:59 PM

Les

There's 9 in the sig now and you two make 11. We're still missing 3 people!

maliamd
05-27-2015, 04:09 PM
not sure how to post such here. But both Fred and I have the SPOT. PM me your email and I will send you the link

Just sent you my email address.

Bob Denman
05-27-2015, 05:10 PM

The excitement builds and I think this is going to be a fantastic experience for all.

:firstplace::firstplace::firstplace: To Murphybrown for coming up with, and following through with this epic plan. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

D,
Did I mention locking the Liquor Cabinet too? :joke: :roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-27-2015, 05:12 PM
I found your Theme Song... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JSt0NEESrUA

ARtraveler
05-27-2015, 06:37 PM

Some beautiful pictures in the video. The visitors to Skagway will drive over the pass where the miners were lined up single file. It is steep, but a nice two lane (one each way) road now. A monument is at the top of the pass.

PS: We do have some stuff planned, but I am not going to steal anyone's thunder.

SPYDERGUY1
05-27-2015, 09:50 PM
AM SO JEALOUS, one of the trips on my bucket list, tried years ago but the weather and roads did not co-operate. Post lots, ride safe and HAVE A BLAST.

NautiBrit
05-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Helen and I (George) are the couple from Phoenix, AZ. It's about a 3 day ride to the meeting point in Chelan. WA and we've blocked out 4-5 weeks for the round trip. Excited, doesn't begin to describe our feelings about this adventure, and after meeting some of the participants at a meet and greet at Spyderfest, we feel that we will be in very good company.

murphybrown
05-27-2015, 09:56 PM

You are sworn to secrecy....no matter what the bribe you are offered...no telling any of the merry band what you and your lady have planned for us....trust me, some of them will be making some mighty generous offers for just a "little hint"..:lecturef_smilie: :bowdown::bowdown:

murphybrown
05-27-2015, 10:05 PM

Not leaving from Seattle, but hey Seattle is only 3+ hours "over the mountains" from Chelan...great video. Thanks. :thumbup:

MikeT
05-27-2015, 10:50 PM
Linda and I will be in Alaska/Canada about the same time. Doing the Planes, Trains, and Boat thing.

ARtraveler
05-27-2015, 11:30 PM
You are sworn to secrecy....no matter what the bribe you are offered...no telling any of the merry band what you and your lady have planned for us....trust me, some of them will be making some mighty generous offers for just a "little hint"..:lecturef_smilie: :bowdown::bowdown:

My lips are sealed M'lady. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :yes::yes::yes:

cognaccruiser
05-28-2015, 09:57 AM
My wife Karen and I are the couple that will meet the group at the border and plan to lead them on some roads they will not be aware of as they start their adventure through BC Canada. This won't add significantly to the time spent traveling on their first day but will give them an opportunity to see the amazing vineyards and orchards we live among.
It has been fun for me working with Karyl in the planning of their trip through BC and the Yukon as we have done these routes several times including Alaska. I have not said much about Alaska however as I could not possibly be as familiar with it as Akspyderman.
Unfortunately we can't travel the whole trip with the group as our vacation plans this year were already made but we will be traveling with them in spirit and hope to keep track of their adventures.
This is the view that we are forced to endure every day.

Gary

Bob Denman
05-28-2015, 09:58 AM
:D That is some view... :clap:

"forced to endure... " :roflblack:

jthornton
05-28-2015, 10:08 AM
We won't be on the Spyder but we will be at the one and only Microtel in Eagle River July 8-10 to attend my Nephew's wedding at the Alyeska Resort on the 11th and 12th. Hope to see you guys.

JT

R FUN
05-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Yes JT, we will also be at the Microtel on the 6th through the 9th,see you there. Gary, what route are you taking from the US/Cdn border, as we will be in Kelowna /Peachland leaving for Clinton B.C. June 29th to meet up with the group.
Roger

SpyderAnn01
05-28-2015, 07:22 PM
I think that I have everyone added to the signature - 14 total. Karyl, correct me if I'm missing anyone, not sure about those from NY

SpyderAnn01
05-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Helen and I (George) are the couple from Phoenix, AZ. It's about a 3 day ride to the meeting point in Chelan. WA and we've blocked out 4-5 weeks for the round trip. Excited, doesn't begin to describe our feelings about this adventure, and after meeting some of the participants at a meet and greet at Spyderfest, we feel that we will be in very good company.

Will you be able to get the recall work completed on your Spyder before the trip?

NautiBrit
05-28-2015, 11:25 PM
Will you be able to get the recall work completed on your Spyder before the trip?

I went into the dealership today and was told they would order the kits for my and two other bikes by days end. I believe that the kits are coming out of Georgia so should be here early next week. At worst, if the kits come from Canada, they should be here in 10 days. I'm also having my 30K service done at the same time as the kit is installed so should be done in plenty of time. Fingers crossed, and toes. :pray:

griffontamer
05-29-2015, 01:13 AM
This sounds like SOOOO much fun!

I'm picking up my new Spyder in Dallas on June 11th and riding it back up to Seattle-however long it takes. I'd love to join you guys but will have to see what my husband says. What's the youngest passenger you would allow to come along?

SpyderAnn01
05-29-2015, 01:22 AM

I'm picking up my new Spyder in Dallas on June 11th and riding it back up to Seattle-however long it takes. I'd love to join you guys but will have to see what my husband says. What's the youngest passenger you would allow to come along?

We are all well over 18 so I would think that a child would be bored with our company. :roflblack:

griffontamer
05-29-2015, 01:58 AM
We are all well over 18 so I would think that a child would be bored with our company. :roflblack:
You might be surprised... but I definitely would not want to make anyone on the ride uncomfortable, especially being that I am new here! At any rate, I just found out about this ride and I'd love to go but not sure my husband would be cool with me taking off to Alaska right after my trip to Texas...

cognaccruiser
05-29-2015, 10:27 AM
Gary, what route are you taking from the US/Cdn border, as we will be in Kelowna /Peachland leaving for Clinton B.C. June 29th to meet up with the group.
Roger

Roger, PM sent.

Gary

NautiBrit
05-29-2015, 06:30 PM
You might be surprised... but I definitely would not want to make anyone on the ride uncomfortable, especially being that I am new here! At any rate, I just found out about this ride and I'd love to go but not sure my husband would be cool with me taking off to Alaska right after my trip to Texas...

If your husband's name is Griffon, you should have no problem "taming" him and him keeping his cool. As a certified old fart, there is a lot of pleasure seeing the world through young eyes.

PrairieSpyder
05-29-2015, 07:27 PM

If you are seriously considering going, you should contact Karyl (MurphyBrown) about it. She has arranged all our lodging stops and we all have reservations. If there are still rooms available you'll need to get on it. now. Karyl is going to re-confirm all the reservations next week.

SpyderAnn01
05-29-2015, 10:16 PM
CptJAM (Joe) just picked up his new wheels for the trip. A 2015 KTM 1290 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108453&stc=1Super Adventure

NautiBrit
05-29-2015, 10:51 PM
Nothing like taking the best adventure bike on a great adventure. I've got a feeling that we may not be traveling the same roads and I'm jealous. :2thumbs:

PrairieSpyder
05-29-2015, 11:58 PM
CptJAM (Joe) just picked up his new wheels for the trip. A 2015 KTM 1290 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108453&stc=1Super Adventure

Well, it's no Spyder, but as long as it makes him happy! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

cptjam
05-30-2015, 01:50 AM
So far, so good. We will knock out a few hundred tomorrow, and see if it is the Flagship!

griffontamer
06-01-2015, 03:26 AM
If your husband's name is Griffon, you should have no problem "taming" him and him keeping his cool. As a certified old fart, there is a lot of pleasure seeing the world through young eyes.

Ha ha, no, I have a herd of SAABs at home and their symbol is a griffon. Plus Spyder F3's remind me of those mythical creatures. I would love to go on this trip but I think at this point I will have to wait til next time just because my trip from Dallas might eat up all of my "fun time" for this summer. I hope you all have a great time though! :D

murphybrown
06-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Just in case anyone was wondering....official countdown started on my desk calendar.:yikes:..yep just put the big X on today...well it is almost 7 a.m. so day is done right???? Have a great day. :yes::yes:

ARtraveler
06-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Jest fer da Halibut. :roflblack:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/p640x640/11411775_10153418900028115_1717783493520876410_o.j pg

PrairieSpyder
06-03-2015, 04:30 PM
2 weeks till I leave Kansas to the great northwest!! Getting so excited!!

R FUN
06-03-2015, 04:50 PM
We are pretty well ready with everything ready to load. Just need to do an oil change just before we leave. Heading west from Saskatchewan in about 2 1/2 weeks. Looking forward to meeting up with the group again.
Roger & Linda

ARtraveler
06-03-2015, 06:58 PM
One more destination teaser--maybe another in a week or so.

I do miss that Vulcan 900.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47720&d=1339628116 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1990&attachmentid=47719)

murphybrown
06-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Yep I'm a list person. Lists for this, lists for that. 6 separate lists for planning of trip. 4 lists for my personal stuff and spyder. Folks if I ever lose one of my lists we are royally "screwed" :banghead: I gave up on remembering stuff a few years back!! So far so good and the lists are nearing all "systems go". Nice. Studley gets "his" full check up, new tires, oil etc etc etc. on the 13th :yes:. 3 weeks to NORTH head NORTH TO ALASKA. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

tbhlaw
06-08-2015, 12:01 AM
I finally found a dumb simple camera to record our adventures in Alaska. It has one button. You can take stills or movies with one click or one long click. It is about 5 inches long. When you hold it, it turns on. It looks like an inverted inhalater. It is very easy to use while on a Spyder. There is no viewfinder. At the end of the day, you turn on the siftware program and the camera automatically transfers the pictures or movies. It is called RE and can be found on line or bought on Amazon.

tbhlaw
06-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Just hit 49,000 miles on my 2012 RT. Just picked bike up at shop; and it is ready for all Alaska can throw our way.

SpyderAnn01
06-08-2015, 12:34 AM
Tom, that camera looks cool and seems to take good pictures. Robin posted some from yesterday on FB.

tbhlaw
06-08-2015, 12:40 AM
The pics and movies are pretty good. What I really like is the size and being able to take pics one handed. Just point and click. I keep the camera on a lanyard around my neck. It also is water resistant and actally can take pics underwater to about 1 meter.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-08-2015, 01:01 AM
I noticed that several of you are planning to travel through Idaho on your way to Chelan and on to Alaska. Let me know what your plans are for passing through the Boise/Ontario, OR area and maybe we can meet up for breakfast, lunch, coffee, dinner, or whatever. Might even be able to work it out that Southern Idaho Chapter members can join in.

tbhlaw
06-08-2015, 01:13 AM
It is possible to carry a handgun through Canada to Alaska. But there is some required paperwork, an approval and fee.

do some homework on the internet and you can find an 800 number you can call for all the details. You fill out and fax an application to transport your handgun. There are size and caliber restrictions. And you request can be denied arbitrarily. If your application is approved by the RCMP, then when you enter Canada you have to present the handgun to be measured at customs. If the barrel is too short, they can seize the handgun and destroy it in your presence. if you indicate you want the handgun for personal protection most certainly your request will be denied.

jaherbst
06-08-2015, 08:28 AM

Looking mighty Kool Joe. Leave the golf clubs at home but don't forget the "Off" "mosquito rid" etc.

Jack

bscrive
06-08-2015, 10:24 AM
It is possible to carry a handgun through Canada to Alaska. But there is some required paperwork, an approval and fee.

do some homework on the internet and you can find an 800 number you can call for all the details. You fill out and fax an application to transport your handgun. There are size and caliber restrictions. And you request can be denied arbitrarily. If your application is approved by the RCMP, then when you enter Canada you have to present the handgun to be measured at customs. If the barrel is too short, they can seize the handgun and destroy it in your presence. if you indicate you want the handgun for personal protection most certainly your request will be denied.

Do yourself a big favour and leave the guns at home. You may make it past customs (doubtful), but if you get pulled over by the police they will certainly seize it and/or arrest you. Not worth the hassle. Hand guns are a restricted firearm up here and they are not looked on, by the authorities, favourable. If you get caught trying to smuggle one through, I hope you enjoy our country, because you will be here a while.nojoke

SpyderAnn01
06-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Looking mighty Kool Joe. Leave the golf clubs at home but don't forget the "Off" "mosquito rid" etc.

Jack

Jack, unfortunately Joe's new bike got towed back to the dealer last Wednesday for an oil leak. :yikes:

R FUN
06-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Regarding hand guns,dont even consider bringing any along with brass knuckles, pepper spray, bear spray or any kind of drugs including marijuana even with a permit. If you bring more than $10,000.00 just make sure you declare it, ( just tell them you are going to share it with your friend, ME) but joking aside they may ask you. There is very little problem getting into or crossing Canada but we do have laws and restrictions. Canada wants tourism.
Roger

PrairieSpyder
06-08-2015, 05:39 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109081&stc=1

My planned route - at least for now!

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-08-2015, 07:27 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109081&stc=1

My planned route - at least for now!
I'd go with that route in minute!:ohyea: Lot's of pretty country, lot's of trees, lots of sagebrush, lots of rocks, not so lots of water, lots of sunshine, lots of quiet miles, lots of flat ground, lots of mountains, and more! Probably some deer, antelope, jack rabbits, hawks, maybe even eagles, ground squirrels, and more. What more could you ask for? :yes:

You'll be happy you did it! If you can work it out, and are interested in history, take a side trip to Promontory, UT Golden Spike Historic site, nw of SLC. Will add miles to your trip but worth it if you're into such things. Time it right and watch them run the old steam replica locomotives.

According to Google maps your route will be well over 2200 miles! Give yourself about 7 to 10 days to do it and enjoy all the stops and sites along the way! Then you'll be nice and relaxed and feeling good to start the next leg to AK!

jaherbst
06-08-2015, 07:31 PM
Jack, unfortunately Joe's new bike got towed back to the dealer last Wednesday for an oil leak. :yikes:

OH NO! He looks sooo happy on it too. Please let him keep it Ann.

Jack

PrairieSpyder
06-08-2015, 08:17 PM
I'd go with that route in minute!:ohyea: Lot's of pretty country, lot's of trees, lots of sagebrush, lots of rocks, not so lots of water, lots of sunshine, lots of quiet miles, lots of flat ground, lots of mountains, and more! Probably some deer, antelope, jack rabbits, hawks, maybe even eagles, ground squirrels, and more. What more could you ask for? :yes:

You'll be happy you did it! If you can work it out, and are interested in history, take a side trip to Promontory, UT Golden Spike Historic site, nw of SLC. Will add miles to your trip but worth it if you're into such things. Time it right and watch them run the old steam replica locomotives.

According to Google maps your route will be well over 2200 miles! Give yourself about 7 to 10 days to do it and enjoy all the stops and sites along the way! Then you'll be nice and relaxed and feeling good to start the next leg to AK!

My app says it's 2,531 miles. That doesn't count excursions in national parks, etc. Next I'll work on mapping the route from Chelan to Eagle River.

lwrydr
06-08-2015, 08:27 PM
My app says it's 2,531 miles. That doesn't count excursions in national parks, etc. Next I'll work on mapping the route from Chelan to Eagle River.

If you go anywhere near Olympia, Wa let me know......know some really nice rides and very pretty country.....

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-08-2015, 10:28 PM
I'm sure you mapped it out more exactly than I did.

If you've never been there think about going on I-70 across the Divide through the Eisenhower Tunnel down to Silverthorne, CO. Then turn around and come back across over Loveland Pass on US 6. Lots of twisties and scenery, and on back to US 40. It'll add about 65 miles RT is all. There's an old train ride at Georgetown. I don't know distance and time, but here's a pic of it.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109113&stc=1

CentralCoastCA
06-08-2015, 10:34 PM

Hope Joe's KTM get fixed fixed quickly.

cptjam
06-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Cam cover gasket leak. Needs a new one. They have to order it from Austria! Hope I get it back this week - I have farkles to attend to. Traded in my trusty Honda ST1300 for this exotic European wunderbike, and of this is just a glitch, ok. Fast, light, dripping with technology, comfortable. So far, seems ok, leak aside. Adventure bike! I believe this qualifies as an adventure!
people carry guns to Alaska every day. There is a permit form. If it comes on time, I will bring it. If not, I won't. I don't smuggle, so, no worries. We will see. Joe

SpyderAnn01
06-09-2015, 12:12 AM
2,200 miles sounds like a 3 day trip to me! :roflblack:

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-09-2015, 12:55 AM
2,200 miles sounds like a 3 day trip to me! :roflblack:
Well of course, but you do it to work at making a living. Folks like me and Patti do it to LIVE! :yes: I moved over to the slow lane several years ago! One of the most beautiful things in the world to look at is the ass end of a person passing me up because it makes me realize, "I don't have to move like that any more!" :roflblack:

My trip to Spyderfest ended up at almost 4900 miles and 19 days traveling, 258 miles per day. But I got to see Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest NP, a couple of Route 66 museums, Will Rogers Memorial & Museum, Custer Museum, Kansas Motorcycle Museum, Meteor Crater, snowflakes, raindrops, sunshine, clouds, rocks, trees, rivers, and ........ What did you see coming back from SF besides asphalt and concrete? :hun: :hun:

P.S. Jerking chains is fun, isn't it? :clap:

SpyderAnn01
06-09-2015, 01:56 AM
But Mac I've already seen most of those things. I'm just not big on stopping and looking at stuff. I'd rather see it and keep going. To each his own. And even when we just travel for fun we don't fart around like you old guys! :roflblack:

cptjam
06-09-2015, 02:48 AM
We go places. Interesting things along the way are filed for another trip. Meanwhile, gotta roll!

PrairieSpyder
06-09-2015, 07:10 AM
But Mac I've already seen most of those things. I'm just not big on stopping and looking at stuff. I'd rather see it and keep going. To each his own. And even when we just travel for fun we don't fart around like you old guys! :roflblack:

Hey!! I resemble that remark!! :lecturef_smilie:

I'm more like Mac in my ryding style. The only thing pushing me to do more miles is the cost of lodging. But I'm trying to build up my tolerance for miles since I'll be ryding with you road demons.

Bob Denman
06-09-2015, 07:14 AM
Just 8 more days; right? :D :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
06-09-2015, 07:22 AM
Just 8 more days; right? :D :thumbup:

Yep! Today I'm counting my medicine and will get to the pharmacy, if necessary! Shopping for the trip and for the folks at home . . . then packing!

Bob Denman
06-09-2015, 07:24 AM
The Pharmacy? :shocked:
I hope that you checked out the "Joke Thread" in off-topic... we've had some pharmacological doozies in there! :roflblack:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109133&stc=1

PW2013STL
06-09-2015, 07:25 AM
I am late to this thread, but here is the gas stops I have laid out for us.

** This will not be a one pump stop. Everyone fills their own.
This will give
everyone time to make sure that passports and
drivers licenses are readily available for the boarder crossing.

Based on one member stating 26 mpg for the low

I have planned out stops no greater than 139 miles.

I try to run 90 or better octane gas so I am thinking

that would be the type of fuel that we choose when possible.

Based on the cost of fuel in BC I am planning at

$5.00 per gallon (hope I am high) so it would be

$70.00 per day from everyone and at the end of each

day I will add up what each bike has spent and let

you know how much you have to kick in for the

next day to bring it back to $70.00.

This will end once we arrive at Eagle River and I will hand back any left over $.

If we deviate from the planned route then we will need to adjust for gas stops.

DAY 1

29-Jun

Miles

Leave

Chelan, WA

Fill

Oroville, WA

Fill

Cache Creek, BC

Fill

Cache Creek, BC

Fill

Clintan, BC

Total

Day 2

30-Jun

Leave

Clintan, BC

Fill

Soda Creek, BC

Fill

Prince George, BC

Fill

Tintagel, BC

Fill

Burns Lake, BC

Total

Day 3

1-Jul

Leave

Burns Lake, BC

Fill

New Hazelton, BC

Fill

Meziadin Junction, BC

Fill

Bob Quinn Lake, BC

Fill

Iskut, BC

Total

Day 4

2-Jul

Leave

Iskut, BC

Fill

Good Hope Lake, BC

Fill

Swift River, Yucon

Fill

Jakes Corner, Yucon

Fill

Whitehorse, Yucon

Total

Day 5 & 6

3 & 4 July

Stay

Whitehorse

Travel

Skagway

270+

Day 7

5-Jul

Leave

Whitehorse, Yucon

Fill

Haines Junction, BC

Fill

Burwash Landing, BC

Fill

Beaver Creek, Yucon

Fill

Tok, AK

Total

Day 8

6-Jul

Leave

Tok, AK

Fill

Glennallen, AK

Fill

Palmer, AK

Fill

Eagle River, AK

Total

PrairieSpyder
06-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Is that payable in US$? Cash, I presume?

Bob Denman
06-09-2015, 09:26 AM
Once you get into Alaska; it is... (I think!) :D

murphybrown
06-09-2015, 09:30 AM
I am late to this thread, but here is the gas stops I have laid out for us.

** This will not be a one pump stop. Everyone fills their own.
This will give
everyone time to make sure that passports and
drivers licenses are readily available for the boarder crossing.

Based on one member stating 26 mpg for the low

I have planned out stops no greater than 139 miles.

I try to run 90 or better octane gas so I am thinking

that would be the type of fuel that we choose when possible.

Based on the cost of fuel in BC I am planning at

$5.00 per gallon (hope I am high) so it would be

$70.00 per day from everyone and at the end of each

day I will add up what each bike has spent and let

you know how much you have to kick in for the

next day to bring it back to $70.00.

This will end once we arrive at Eagle River and I will hand back any left over $.

If we deviate from the planned route then we will need to adjust for gas stops.

DAY 1
29-Jun

Miles

Leave
Chelan, WA

Fill
Oroville, WA

Fill
Cache Creek, BC

Fill
Cache Creek, BC

Fill
Clintan, BC

Total

Day 2
30-Jun

Leave
Clintan, BC

Fill
Soda Creek, BC

Fill
Prince George, BC

Fill
Tintagel, BC

Fill
Burns Lake, BC

Total

Day 3
1-Jul

Leave
Burns Lake, BC

Fill
New Hazelton, BC

Fill
Meziadin Junction, BC

Fill
Bob Quinn Lake, BC

Fill
Iskut, BC

Total

Day 4
2-Jul

Leave
Iskut, BC

Fill
Good Hope Lake, BC

Fill
Swift River, Yucon

Fill
Jakes Corner, Yucon

Fill
Whitehorse, Yucon

Total

Day 5 & 6
3 & 4 July

Stay
Whitehorse

Travel
Skagway

270+

Day 7
5-Jul

Leave
Whitehorse, Yucon

Fill
Haines Junction, BC

Fill
Burwash Landing, BC

Fill
Beaver Creek, Yucon

Fill
Tok, AK

Total

Day 8
6-Jul

Leave
Tok, AK

Fill
Glennallen, AK

Fill
Palmer, AK

Fill
Eagle River, AK

Total

I'm bringing you Canadian $$ while we travel thru Canada...do you want it US?..if so back to my friendly banker I need to go....:yikes:

murphybrown
06-09-2015, 09:33 AM
Once you get into Alaska; it is... (I think!) :D

There will be a few fills and travel thru Canada and Canadian pricing...soooooooo whatever "the man" wants I will provide. I live by never ? the head dude!!! :roflblack::roflblack: and he is the HEAD DUDE when it comes to this....amazing system...I don't even need to "get it"...I just need to "do it"!!!! Sure WORKS for me...:thumbup::thumbup:

PW2013STL
06-09-2015, 09:52 AM

I would prefer Canadian as we travel through Canada as the exchange rate is favorable. The last time I traveled in Canada I did not find a gas station that did exchange rates so even if the $20US was worth more I had to pay the $20 on the pump with the $20US.
I will leave the currency up to each member, but remember I do not do currency conversions so if you pay me in US funds I will be ahead :yes:

Les

PrairieSpyder
06-09-2015, 09:55 AM
I would prefer Canadian as we travel through Canada as the exchange rate is favorable. The last time I traveled in Canada I did not find a gas station that did exchange rates so even if the $20US was worth more I had to pay the $20 on the pump with the $20US.
I will leave the currency up to each member, but remember I do not do currency conversions so if you pay me in US funds I will be ahead :yes:

Les

I'll bring cash for both countries.

BTW, you have Cache Creek, BC twice. I assume that's a typo?

PW2013STL
06-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Correction :(

I see I had Cache Creek listed twice.:duh:

DAY 1
29-Jun

Miles

Leave
Chelan, WA

Fill
Oroville, WA

Fill
Vernon, BC

Fill
Cache Creek, BC

Fill
Clintan, BC

Total

Day 2
30-Jun

Leave
Clintan, BC

Fill
Soda Creek, BC

Fill
Prince George, BC

Fill
Tintagel, BC

Fill
Burns Lake, BC

Total

Day 3
1-Jul

Leave
Burns Lake, BC

Fill
New Hazelton, BC

Fill
Meziadin Junction, BC

Fill
Bob Quinn Lake, BC

Fill
Iskut, BC

Total

Day 4
2-Jul

Leave
Iskut, BC

Fill
Good Hope Lake, BC

Fill
Swift River, Yucon

Fill
Jakes Corner, Yucon

Fill
Whitehorse, Yucon

Total

Day 5 & 6
3 & 4 July

Stay
Whitehorse

Travel
Skagway

270+

Day 7
5-Jul

Leave
Whitehorse, Yucon

Fill
Haines Junction, BC

Fill
Burwash Landing, BC

Fill
Beaver Creek, Yucon

Fill
Tok, AK

Total

Day 8
6-Jul

Leave
Tok, AK

Fill
Glennallen, AK

Fill
Palmer, AK

Fill
Eagle River, AK

Total

Les

SarasotaSpyder
06-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Why doesn't each person pay with there own credit card?

murphybrown
06-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Why doesn't each person pay with there own credit card?

If you are at a station with one pump.:banghead:...way to much wasted time. Also not all accept credit cards and those that do.:yikes:..if you don't have one that is free of foreign transaction fees it can become very costly...
This is a proven method by other group's that travel. Grateful for the efficiency..:bowdown:..these are my reasons for endorsing .... just sayin' :clap:

ARtraveler
06-09-2015, 12:02 PM

RE: Foreign exchange: It is advisable to go to a bank when you hit Canada and exchange American cash for Canadian. We always carried a couple hundred. Use this for paying for incidentals. The vendors are always off when computing the exchange rate--mostly in their favor. Not worth getting into an argument over.

OR: use a credit card that does not charge you an international exchange fee.

The nice part--at the moment--your American is worth more than the Canadian.

Todays rate (6/9/15): one US Dollar is worth $1.24 in Canada.

SPYDERGUY1
06-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Yes Fellow Americans, bring your cash here for the vacation and get AN AWESOM RATE, Us Canadians on the other hand traveling to the Us are being hammered with the exchange rate. What can you do ? Needed some cruise and travel cash into the states, and had to pay the piper ....

SpyderAnn01
06-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Yes Fellow Americans, bring your cash here for the vacation and get AN AWESOM RATE, Us Canadians on the other hand traveling to the Us are being hammered with the exchange rate. What can you do ? Needed some cruise and travel cash into the states, and had to pay the piper ....

What is the saying, turn around is fair play? There were many, many years when the rate went the other way.

ARtraveler
06-10-2015, 11:36 AM

I do apologize. Alaska does stick it to the cruise tourists with taxes and landing fees. The "tourist destination towns" various shops and restaurants also have their goods priced accordingly. Some places are worse than others.

For the NTA group. Anchorage, Seward, Talkeetna, Fairbanks, Chena Hot Springs, and points North. Gas is now up to $3.48 and higher for premium. Am guessing $4.00 plus premium gas by July 7th.

SPYDERGUY1
06-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Our gas price just jumped to 1.13 a litre, not sure what that translates to the US gallon figure. NOTHING YOU CAN DO . As far as the US/CAN, exchange rate or vise versa, IF YA WANNA PLAY , YA GOTTA PAY. It is all good.

SpyderAnn01
06-13-2015, 12:48 AM
I do apologize. Alaska does stick it to the cruise tourists with taxes and landing fees. The "tourist destination towns" various shops and restaurants also have their goods priced accordingly. Some places are worse than others.

For the NTA group. Anchorage, Seward, Talkeetna, Fairbanks, Chena Hot Springs, and points North. Gas is now up to $3.48 and higher for premium. Am guessing $4.00 plus premium gas by July 7th.

Our gas price just jumped to 1.13 a litre, not sure what that translates to the US gallon figure. NOTHING YOU CAN DO . As far as the US/CAN, exchange rate or vise versa, IF YA WANNA PLAY , YA GOTTA PAY. It is all good.

That sure makes me miss Texas and their cheap gas. :yikes:

murphybrown
06-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Yep...June 12 is official start of summer tourist season and prices go up up up. Yesterday premium had jumped 20 cents a gallon ($3.62).

For you traveling in just an FYI. Stoplight corner has 3 gas stations: Chevron: 18 cents less on premium ... Shell: always highest for premium .. 76...read the fine print that is a cash only price so add 10 cents to their posted price, for credit
We have 2 other stations: Safeway...again cash Price add 10 cents .. they also have those "stupid" EPA approved accordian thingies on their nozzles and unless you have a McCuff cuff (I think that's the name)...UGH (IMHO) and a Bill's Cut rate (across from Apple cup cafe..good Denny's type restaurant) that is just that cut rate gas...IMHO avoid..)..
Weather? NICE, very NICE. This is Lake Chelan and we have at least 400 days of sunshine each year!!! :roflblack::roflblack: (not Seattle - west side of state, that has minimum 500 days of rain)

PrairieSpyder
06-13-2015, 10:04 AM
Here's our route north:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109479&stc=1

The brown pins show the gas stops. The green pins are Denali NP and Chelan Hot Springs. I ended it at Fairbanks, since that's where I'll separate from the group.

PW2013STL
06-15-2015, 06:20 AM
Based on information from another Spyderlovers member (Thanks Gary!) I have revised my fuel stops. Any one who doesn't think that they can make 165 miles on one tank should bring extra fuel along. I laid this out for a max of 145 miles between stops, but there is a chance that we may have to go further.

*Rancheria, Yucon. The lodge has gas (fingers crossed)

DAY 1
29-Jun

Miles

Leave
Chelan, WA

Fill
Oroville, WA

Fill
Peachland,BC

Fill
Merritt, BC

Clintan, BC

Total

Day 2
30-Jun

Leave
Clintan, BC

Fill
Williams Lake,BC

Fill
Quesnel,BC

Fill
Prince George,BC

Fill
Burns Lake,BC

Total

Day 3
1-Jul

Leave
Burns Lake, BC

Fill
New Hazelton,BC

Fill
Gitanyow, BC

Fill
Bell II

Fill
Iskut, BC

Total

Day 4
2-Jul

Leave
Iskut, BC

Fill
Dease Lake,BC

Fill
Junction, Yucon

Fill
Rancheria, Yucon
62*

Fill
Teslin, Yucon

Fill
Whitehorse, Yucon

Total

Day 5 & 6
3 & 4 July

Stay
Whitehorse

Travel
Skagway

270+

Day 7
5-Jul

Leave
Whitehorse, Yucon

Fill
Haines Junction,Yucon

Fill
Destruction Bay

Fill
Beaver Creek, Yucon

Fill
Tok, AK

Total

Day 8
6-Jul

Leave
Tok, AK

Fill
Glennallen, AK

Fill
Palmer, AK

Fill
Eagle River, AK

Total

Spyder Wraps Pete
06-15-2015, 07:31 AM
Dave asked me to post a video of his new graphics that were applied before the trip. We did a little trip tribute map on the Freedom trailer along with some extras. The kit was produced in reflective film so at night everyone will know which one is Dave and Joni, especially from behind. We hope you enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85dMCUhDnXs

Have a safe trip everyone..

murphybrown
06-15-2015, 08:19 AM
Dave asked me to post a video of his new graphics that were applied before the trip. We did a little trip tribute map on the Freedom trailer along with some extras. The kit was produced in reflective film so at night everyone will know which one is Dave and Joni, especially from behind. We hope you enjoy it:

Anxious to see in person...(just checked, they are scheduled to arrive Chelan on 6/27)...very awesome...we are having a send off BBQ with 60 attendees and media coverage (small towns, gotta luv 'em)...also setting all Spyders in area for great photo ops....EXCITING...
That is a mighty gorgeous wrap...:thumbup:

PW2013STL
06-15-2015, 10:21 AM

Looks fantastic :2thumbs: and like Murphy Brown I can not wait to see it up close.

SpyderAnn01
06-15-2015, 10:30 AM
I'm not thrilled about the new fuel stops distances. You are making it impossible for the 998 to go between stations without having to stop to empty a gas can. Not much of a time savings there. If it is windy or uphill I can not make 165 pulling my trailer with the 1330 and I know there is no way that a 998 pulling a trailer can make it.

Maybe we will have to go in two groups, those that can make it and those that can not.

SpyderAnn01
06-15-2015, 10:41 AM
And another thing, if we are traveling around 55 mph it would take 3 hours to go 165 miles. That is a very long time to be in the saddle, even for someone who rides long distance frequently like I do.

At 55 I might make the 165 distance, don't know as I don't usually travel that slowly but it is still too far for the 998 pulling a trailer.

PW2013STL
06-15-2015, 10:44 AM
I'm not thrilled about the new fuel stops distances. You are making it impossible for the 998 to go between stations without having to stop to empty a gas can. Not much of a time savings there. If it is windy or uphill I can not make 165 pulling my trailer with the 1330 and I know there is no way that a 998 pulling a trailer can make it.

Maybe we will have to go in two groups, those that can make it and those that can not.

Believe me Ann I looked and tried to find all stops within 145 miles at the max. If Rancheria has gas and are open then that leg will be 62 miles and then 100 miles to Teslin. That is the only one that could be 165 miles between gas stops.

Believe me it's not me, but where gas is available that is dictating where we have to stop.

Gary(who lives is BC) pointed out that 7 of the stops I had first planned on did not have gas. This is why I had to create a new list.

tbhlaw
06-15-2015, 10:46 AM
I pull a trailer with my 2012 998. There is no way I can make 165 miles between gas stops. Should my wife and I simply plan our own gas stops? I can do about 130 depending on speed and rolling terrain?

PrairieSpyder
06-15-2015, 11:08 AM
From everything I've read, we should drive on the top of our tanks and buy fuel as it's available. I'm bringing a 1-gal can that will ride in my passenger seat. If someone needs it and I don't I'd be glad to share. It can be refilled whenever we stop.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-15-2015, 11:35 AM
From everything I've read, we should drive on the top of our tanks and buy fuel as it's available. I'm bringing a 1-gal can that will ride in my passenger seat. If someone needs it and I don't I'd be glad to share. It can be refilled whenever we stop.
1 gal may be enough spare for a 1330 but not for a 998. Gas station spacing was a concern of mine when I was planning on going. I think what PW is saying is that's how far apart the gas stations are. Somebody better do some serious looking & planning about gas stops & how much spare you need to carry. For your sakes I sure hope I'm dead wrong! Based on my travel experience I suggest for the 998s you plan on 110 miles max pulling a trailer @ 50 to 55 mph for a tank & no more than 20 miles more for each gal of spare gas.

PW2013STL
06-15-2015, 11:36 AM
And another thing, if we are traveling around 55 mph it would take 3 hours to go 165 miles. That is a very long time to be in the saddle, even for someone who rides long distance frequently like I do.

At 55 I might make the 165 distance, don't know as I don't usually travel that slowly but it is still too far for the 998 pulling a trailer.

I am only planning where we stop for gas. Where we stop for food, breaks, pictures, and so forth I have no say, but I have to think that we will be stopping more often that just for gas.

PW2013STL
06-15-2015, 11:43 AM
I pull a trailer with my 2012 998. There is no way I can make 165 miles between gas stops. Should my wife and I simply plan our own gas stops? I can do about 130 depending on speed and rolling terrain?

This is why I tried to find gas every 140 miles. If Rancheria Lodge has gas then you should have no issue, but plan on the distance to be 165 miles and carry extra gas. There are no other gas stations available between Junction and Teslin (then at Rancheria lodge) which is 162 miles.

ARtraveler
06-15-2015, 11:48 AM

My recommendation also. I was sucking fumes between Tok and Destruction Bay because I did not re-fill at 50 miles or so past Tok (Beaver Creek). It was a scary last 30 miles or so. No spare gas can was along. We were both driving 998's here.

My advice: Same as PrairieSpyder above--when in doubt, fill or re-fill when given the opportunity. In most cases--you should encounter opportunities every 100 miles or less. I do not recommend letting your gas tanks run below 50%, if possible.

For me, the advantages are, you are able to get off the :ani29: and stretch, you will not have to ride scared of running out, if you get any bad fuel, it will not screw up your :spyder2: as badly as a full tank.

Milepost 2015 will give most current gas stops--but don't bet the farm on it.

PW has done some good planning and you folks will get it all worked out.

UPSIDE: You folks are traveling during the busiest part of the season. All the seasonal gas stations are open and eager to take your money.

PW2013STL
06-15-2015, 11:51 AM
1 gal may be enough spare for a 1330 but not for a 998. Gas station spacing was a concern of mine when I was planning on going. I think what PW is saying is that's how far apart the gas stations are. Somebody better do some serious looking & planning about gas stops & how much spare you need to carry. For your sakes I sure hope I'm dead wrong! Based on my travel experience I suggest for the 998s you plan on 110 miles max pulling a trailer @ 50 to 55 mph for a tank & no more than 20 miles more for each gal of spare gas.

The lowest fuel mileage reported by a member of our troop is 26. I based the 140 mile max based off of that as that would take 5.4 gallons. I don't see anyone with the 1330 needing extra gas since your mileage would have to drop below 30 in order to not make 165 miles on a tank.

PW2013STL
06-15-2015, 11:54 AM

BTW based on 26mpg an extra gal would get the 998 182 miles.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-15-2015, 12:10 PM
The lowest fuel mileage reported by a member of our troop is 26. I based the 140 mile max based off of that as that would take 5.4 gallons.

Pulling a trailer??? With headwind on the Interstate I have been as low as 16 mpg. Best I've ever gotten pulling my non-aero trailer is 24 mpg. From all I've read on SL 26 is on the high end for optimistic planning. But since I'm not going feel free to tell me to butt out!! I just want it all to work out well for you all!

PW2013STL
06-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Pulling a trailer??? With headwind on the Interstate I have been as low as 16 mpg. Best I've ever gotten pulling my non-aero trailer is 24 mpg. From all I've read on SL 26 is on the high end for optimistic planning. But since I'm not going feel free to tell me to butt out!! I just want it all to work out well for you all!

I appreciate your input and fell free to share!

The lowest I ever got with the 1330 was 30 mpg pulling the trailer on an interstate doing 80mph into the wind.

There will be no interstates on this ride and our highest speed should only be 60 so that will help.

I can only use what I am told so if 26mpg is not correct then we may have issues, but it doesn't change the fact that gas stations are far apart on some sections of our trip.

Again - those riding Spyders with the 998 motor should plan on carrying extra gas.

tbhlaw
06-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Tried to call the Rancheria Lodge to see if they have gas. Could not get through however. Maybe someone else more familiar with calling in Canada can try. Bought 2 roto pax 1.75 gas cans in case. If you search for Rancheria Lodge Yukon you can find the number but I guess there are country codes and exit codes i know nothing about.

SpyderAnn01
06-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Let me apologize for causing an uproar. I thought the reason for the change was to eliminate extra gas stops, I didn't realize that this is all that is available.

PrairieSpyder
06-15-2015, 03:55 PM
Tried to call the Rancheria Lodge to see if they have gas. Could not get through however. Maybe someone else more familiar with calling in Canada can try. Bought 2 roto pax 1.75 gas cans in case. If you search for Rancheria Lodge Yukon you can find the number but I guess there are country codes and exit codes i know nothing about.

I just call direct with area code and number, just like in the States. Using my cell phone. No need for country codes, etc..

murphybrown
06-15-2015, 04:02 PM
Let me apologize for causing an uproar. I thought the reason for the change was to eliminate extra gas stops, I didn't realize that this is all that is available.

I just cxl'd my order for the "tender trailer" for gas...to pull behind my 622 :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: All is good for getting fuel for our rydes...:clap::clap:

Trbayth
06-15-2015, 04:21 PM
PMFJI, but aren't you having a support vehicle or two traveling with you? Can't that carry extra gas? The support vehicle for the Road Warriors ride last week carried a large gas tank and pump with them. Maybe you could do something similar?

SpyderAnn01
06-15-2015, 04:27 PM
PMFJI, but aren't you having a support vehicle or two traveling with you? Can't that carry extra gas? The support vehicle for the Road Warriors ride last week carried a large gas tank and pump with them. Maybe you could do something similar?

You are welcome to come drive a support vehicle for us, unfortunately we do not have BRP sponsorship for our ride, like they did last week and the cost of a chase vehicle is more than any of us cared to spend.

Trbayth
06-15-2015, 04:29 PM
You are welcome to come drive a support vehicle for us, unfortunately we do not have BRP sponsorship for our ride, like they did last week and the cost of a chase vehicle is more than any of us cared to spend.

If only I could. I just thought I remembered reading in one of the earlier posts that you were going to have a support vehicle with you.

My bad.

tbhlaw
06-15-2015, 04:36 PM
"It is what it is" between places that have gas. We will carry gas for both our bikes. Our gas cans carry 1.75 gal. Each. Travelling at highway not freeway speeds we will be close to empty maybe once or twice depending on what is open or closed. But this will be a "go with the flow trip" for us. We also will stop on our own probably more frequently to "top off" and stretch.

We greatly appreciate all the planning and want those who have spent their time on our behalf to know we are grateful to them.

tbhlaw
06-15-2015, 04:49 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109663&stc=1Here is photo of our cas can setup.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-15-2015, 04:52 PM
I think it was very good you brought it up. On a trip of this sort everyone needs to be well aware of what you're dealing with. This uproar helps accomplish that! In some ways I wish I was going with you all, but on the other hand in some ways I'm glad I'm not! Have a great trip!

tbhlaw
06-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Diect dial to number on Rancheria website through Verizon with ipone did nir work. I now have tried email.

SpyderAnn01
06-15-2015, 05:17 PM
Diect dial to number on Rancheria website through Verizon with ipone did nir work. I now have tried email.

Their website is weird.

murphybrown
06-15-2015, 05:39 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109663&stc=1Here is photo of our cas can setup.Is that normal tongue length for the 622? How did you mount? I'm thinking if I've enough time I want to do...I see what cans you ordered any other parts I need to get to recreate? Thanks...:yes:

tbhlaw
06-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Truckmaster fuel finder is a useful web site to find truck fueling stations. It suggests by inclusion that Rancheria Lodge has gas. Swift River was listed but with a note that it is closed.

PrairieSpyder
06-15-2015, 06:14 PM
If only I could. I just thought I remembered reading in one of the earlier posts that you were going to have a support vehicle with you.

My bad.

You remember correctly. We were going to try to get a chase vehicle to come along with parts we might need, but it didn't pan out. So we're each carrying what we think we might need. For example, I'm taking a spare trailer tire & jack, some oil and an oil filter - and a gallon of gas and octane booster. I know Joe is bringing tools.

However, if anyone wants to drop everything and go with us in their cage, carrying extra stuff, you're welcome to come along!

tbhlaw
06-15-2015, 06:28 PM
The gas can in the pic is a roto pax 1.75 gal. It can be purchased on line or usually at a off road or powersport store. The retail for about $70 plus hardware that you buy seperately. The can also comes in a 4 gal. Size. The hardware allows you to carry 4 cans at one time.

Originally I attached the cans directly to my trailer tongue but I found they hung too low. So I fashioned bracket frm a steel plate which I attached tl the tongue and then attached the can to the plate. if you are using only 1 can you probably could use angle iron from a big box store. Attache it with a couple of bolts thru the tongue to hold the bracket vertical and the attach the can hardware to the angle iron.)

The trailer tongue is original. Probably a couple hour project once you have the can and brackets that go with it.
Enlarge the pic. It is taken looking down on the tongue. The stuff at the bottom of the pic is the lock and holder for the gas can. Hope this helps. There is lots of info on internet about these cans since they are used by four wheelers, rvr's, jeepers and motorcycle riders. You may even find a bracket like I described.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109670&stc=1

SpyderAnn01
06-15-2015, 06:33 PM
The only other thing he had to do was remove the trailer tongue stand.

cptjam
06-15-2015, 07:19 PM
I have a siphon hose, and an 8 gallon gas tank. I should get 40 MPG, so, will have 4 spare gallons each time. I will top off each time, so, I think we will be ok. We will get better than normal gas mileage, as we will be going significantly slower than normal speeds. Cheers! Joe

SPYDERGUY1
06-15-2015, 08:50 PM
I would still HONOR the chance to be the chase vehicle, but my cruise dates do not allow it. As far as gas, I did some digging for you and not able to find any GAS at Rancheria , for those that are pulling a trailer or riding solo , throw in a 2 gallon jerry can and hope you never need it, been there and done that, never travel with the trailer now without it attached and full. Peace of mind or help a brother/sister out. Too bad about the cruise. Now am going to tackle this trip next year and go for broke. Please post all experience and any info. Good luck and as mentioned perhaps a meeting further down the road in alaska.

PW2013STL
06-15-2015, 09:13 PM
Is that normal tongue length for the 622? How did you mount? I'm thinking if I've enough time I want to do...I see what cans you ordered any other parts I need to get to recreate? Thanks...:yes:

Looks like a nice setup, but the only concern I would have is the tongue weight. Gas weights 6# a gallon so the two would be 21# full. I do not know what the cans and mounting hardware weight, but I am guessing 4#.
The max for the the tongue is 40# so that would only leave 15#
Something to consider.

SPYDERGUY1
06-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Yes weight is a consideration, but from what I recall most of the folk going on this sojurn were NOT CAMPING, so that would eleminate some weight issues, and extra room for gas. Above all else PLAY/RIDE SAFE.

SpyderAnn01
06-16-2015, 12:52 AM
Looks like a nice setup, but the only concern I would have is the tongue weight. Gas weights 6# a gallon so the two would be 21# full. I do not know what the cans and mounting hardware weight, but I am guessing 4#.
The max for the the tongue is 40# so that would only leave 15#
Something to consider.

Les, I think you are forgetting that the weight aft of the axle will counterbalance the weight on the tongue.

jaherbst
06-16-2015, 10:15 AM
I wish all of you the best. Almost joined up but too many things going on this summer.

One word of caution: Two of my neighbors made this trip in 2012 on a Gold Wing and a BMW adventure. A little more than halfway at a gas stop the Gold Wing was filled with DEISEL Fuel inadvertently. Not sure how this happened but both swore they were pumping gas. Some one put deisel into the gas holding tank at a fuel stop or the pumps were incorrectly marked. Anyway, after this the Goldwing would not run and had to be towed all the way to Anchorage for a large fee to be fixed. Some of these are remote gas stops and not your suburban designer gas station .

Trust but verify.

I wish you all the best. Have a wonderful ride and God Speed.

Jack

ARtraveler
06-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Teaser time!

For those of you who like riding in the mountains...

Check out Chris 56 video of some beautiful German scenery...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?82313-Spyder-Challenge-in-Austria-8215-ft

If you like this, I have Two similar locations we are going to visit.

Turnagain Pass and Hatcher Pass. The only thing we wont have is the spiral ramp.

One location shown in my signature picture.

murphybrown
06-17-2015, 02:52 AM
GoLakeChelan.com is doing a series in regards to North to Alaska: The below link is their first article...when will become media stars at the BBQ on 6/28 and they will also be at our "send-off" a.m. on 6/29 and will publish related articles. Hope the link works...:yikes:

http://golakechelan.com/News/Samaritan_riders_raise_money_for_Addie_on_trip_to_ Alaska/6CE76540-C07B-42BC-B420-1402644F7BAC

stillriding
06-17-2015, 06:28 AM
GoLakeChelan.com is doing a series in regards to North to Alaska: The below link is their first article...when will become media stars at the BBQ on 6/28 and they will also be at our "send-off" a.m. on 6/29 and will publish related articles. Hope the link works...:yikes:

http://golakechelan.com/News/Samaritan_riders_raise_money_for_Addie_on_trip_to_ Alaska/6CE76540-C07B-42BC-B420-1402644F7BAC
​Link doesn't work for me.

Bob Denman
06-17-2015, 07:10 AM
Maybe we need to add a, "www" in there somewhere? :dontknow:

Scotts8826
06-17-2015, 07:21 AM
Copy the link and paste it in your address bar and it will work.

Bob Denman
06-17-2015, 07:28 AM
Aha! :D
Thanks for that tip! :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
06-17-2015, 07:32 AM
On the road again!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBN86y30Ufc

Bob Denman
06-17-2015, 07:34 AM
Have fun! Travel Safe! :2thumbs:

PrairieSpyder
06-17-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm checked in to my cheap, but adequate hotel for the night. I'm just north of Denver. I rode 488 miles today across Kansas and the high plains of Colorado. I've driven that route numerous times in summer and winter, mostly when I was much younger. Now I remember why we always started after work or class and drove during the night. It's boring scenery!! (The other reason was we had to maximize our time off and would work all day, drive all night and be in Colorado the first full day of a vacation; ski all day before finally hitting the sack!) I love the prairie, but the mountains are much better scenery.

I was looking for a landmark I remember seeing, a touch of mid-20th century Americana, but it must have been torn down. It was an ice-cream place with the roof shaped like a giant swirl of soft-serve. I wanted to take a pic and post it, but . . oh, well. Just inside Colorado I saw a giant minion (?) set up facing the interstate at what must have been a scrap-metal yard. I couldn't find an easy turn-around, so, again . . no pic. You'll have to take my word for it! :rolleyes:

I was tired last night and went to bed about 10 pm (early for me). I thought that's good because I wanted to get a good night sleep and get started in good time this morning. Then about 2:30 or 3, I started waking up! I slept poorly from then on. The good part is that I did get going in good time. And with Scott's advice I used a couple 5-hour energy drinks (one in the morning and one afternoon) along with plenty of water and made it to my destination easily. Including breaks for lunch, fuel, pit-stops, I averaged about 55 mph.

In Denver I took E470 by the Denver Int'l Airport. It said it was a toll road and when I got off I saw signs indicating "license plate toll" but don't know how that works. Did they take a pic of my plate and will bill me?

Something I've never seen before: I saw a sign for a county road designated CR 5 1/2. Then a bit later there was CR 6 1/4. I wonder if those indicate number of miles from some starting point.

Tomorrow I'll drive through Rocky Mountain NP and then take US40 west through northern Colorado. I expect I'll do less miles, since I'll be stopping a lot to take in the scenery.

SpyderAnn01
06-17-2015, 10:52 PM
Sounds like you are off to a good start Patti. Ride safe and we will see you in 10 days or so.

brerrabbit
06-18-2015, 12:15 AM
In Denver I took E470 by the Denver Int'l Airport. It said it was a toll road and when I got off I saw signs indicating "license plate toll" but don't know how that works. Did they take a pic of my plate and will bill me?

Something I've never seen before: I saw a sign for a county road designated CR 5 1/2. Then a bit later there was CR 6 1/4. I wonder if those indicate number of miles from some starting point.

Tomorrow I'll drive through Rocky Mountain NP and then take US40 west through northern Colorado. I expect I'll do less miles, since I'll be stopping a lot to take in the scenery.

Welcome to Colorado. They took your picture, Spyder picture and license plate picture. You will get a bill in a couple months for the fees. Will probably be around 12-15 dollars. County Roads are measured for the county line with odd numbers increasing from west to east. Even numbers increase from south to north. Most counties in the state follow those guidelines.

A word to the wise, wild elk are resident in Estes Park. You will be getting there after the canyon run out of Loveland. In the canyon, you will probably see Rocky Mountain Bighorn sheep. These will cause traffic jams so keep an eye out for stopped traffic. After getting past Estes Park and starting into the park you will see deer, elk and possibly more sheep as well as other wild beasts. Keep your eyes open and enjoy our state. US40 is a wonderful ride. The river that runs through the canyon just west of Hot Sulfur Springs seems to run up hill to me. I saw a pack of nine wolves on Gore pass one winter but if you stay on US40 between Kremmling and Steamboat Springs you will not be crossing Gore Pass. US40 will take you over Rabbit Ears pass before dropping you into Steamboat Springs. Take a few pictures for us and ride safe. Enjoy the trip to Alaska.

=bob=

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-18-2015, 12:34 AM
They took your picture, Spyder picture and license plate picture. You will get a bill in a couple months for the fees. Will probably be around 12-15 dollars.
Don't sweat the bill. My guess is you'll never see it. I went through some of those toll camera spots a couple of years ago on my Goldwing, and I think last year on my Spyder. Never have gotten a bill.

cptjam
06-18-2015, 12:43 AM
My bike is home! Service completed - fully mission capable! My cool pitbull driving lights are on and working. Thanks, Len! Misty mountain sheepskin installed! Thanks! Cup holder on, thanks Aerostich! Have a TRIC LED flag to put on (thanks Reggie!) and a couple other Farkles. Then ready to roll! Yay!

PW2013STL
06-18-2015, 05:05 AM
My bike is home! Service completed - fully mission capable! My cool pitbull driving lights are on and working. Thanks, Len! Misty mountain sheepskin installed! Thanks! Cup holder on, thanks Aerostich! Have a TRIC LED flag to put on (thanks Reggie!) and a couple other Farkles. Then ready to roll! Yay!
:yes::yes::yes: Looking forward to seeing that bad boy in person :2thumbs:

Highwayman2013
06-18-2015, 05:42 AM

Good to hear. When are you headed out?

PrairieSpyder
06-18-2015, 07:40 AM
Welcome to Colorado. They took your picture, Spyder picture and license plate picture. You will get a bill in a couple months for the fees. Will probably be around 12-15 dollars. County Roads are measured for the county line with odd numbers increasing from west to east. Even numbers increase from south to north. Most counties in the state follow those guidelines.

A word to the wise, wild elk are resident in Estes Park. You will be getting there after the canyon run out of Loveland. In the canyon, you will probably see Rocky Mountain Bighorn sheep. These will cause traffic jams so keep an eye out for stopped traffic. After getting past Estes Park and starting into the park you will see deer, elk and possibly more sheep as well as other wild beasts. Keep your eyes open and enjoy our state. US40 is a wonderful ride. The river that runs through the canyon just west of Hot Sulfur Springs seems to run up hill to me. I saw a pack of nine wolves on Gore pass one winter but if you stay on US40 between Kremmling and Steamboat Springs you will not be crossing Gore Pass. US40 will take you over Rabbit Ears pass before dropping you into Steamboat Springs. Take a few pictures for us and ride safe. Enjoy the trip to Alaska.

=bob=

Thanks for that info, Bob.

I'm glad you got that 2-wheeler working! ;) And farkled out, too! :thumbup:

When you you and Ann heading north?

murphybrown
06-18-2015, 09:49 AM

You would have looked sooooo great ryding B*^#h behind Ann...oh well, if you reallllly must we'll still let you join us on that fancy, sweeeeet 2 wheeler...it's the farkles that saved your entry fee!!! :roflblack::roflblack: Wow countdown time...shirts are all sorted and sacked...(even yours!!!) :yes::yes:

Bob Denman
06-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi Karyl, When do you guys actually point the bikes North, and unleash them into the Wilds of Canada?

murphybrown
06-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Hi Karyl, When do you guys actually point the bikes North, and unleash them into the Wilds of Canada?

Monday, June 29 at 8:10:37 a.m. :roflblack::roflblack::ohyea: the North to AK folks will depart my place in Chelan headed N on 97. Bob, I have a SPOT tracker....if you would like to follow along please send me your email and I will send you the link. All is "jelling" and down to the get 'er done' phase...PrairieSpyder is the first to hit the road...others start departing on about 6/20, heading to Chelan and I have already "arrived"!!!!...:roflblack::thumbup:..
Can't remember if I posted the link or not but go to : golakechelan.com...under news there is article # 1 on this adventure...

ARtraveler
06-18-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm checked in to my cheap, but adequate hotel for the night. I'm just north of Denver. I rode 488 miles today across Kansas and the high plains of Colorado. I've driven that route numerous times in summer and winter, mostly when I was much younger. Now I remember why we always started after work or class and drove during the night. It's boring scenery!! (The other reason was we had to maximize our time off and would work all day, drive all night and be in Colorado the first full day of a vacation; ski all day before finally hitting the sack!) I love the prairie, but the mountains are much better scenery.

I was looking for a landmark I remember seeing, a touch of mid-20th century Americana, but it must have been torn down. It was an ice-cream place with the roof shaped like a giant swirl of soft-serve. I wanted to take a pic and post it, but . . oh, well. Just inside Colorado I saw a giant minion (?) set up facing the interstate at what must have been a scrap-metal yard. I couldn't find an easy turn-around, so, again . . no pic. You'll have to take my word for it! :rolleyes:

I was tired last night and went to bed about 10 pm (early for me). I thought that's good because I wanted to get a good night sleep and get started in good time this morning. Then about 2:30 or 3, I started waking up! I slept poorly from then on. The good part is that I did get going in good time. And with Scott's advice I used a couple 5-hour energy drinks (one in the morning and one afternoon) along with plenty of water and made it to my destination easily. Including breaks for lunch, fuel, pit-stops, I averaged about 55 mph.

RE: Photos of interesting places.

See if you can find the Igloo building somewhere between Talkeetna and Fairbanks on your ride North from Eagle River.

HINT: It's on the right. nojoke

SpyderAnn01
06-18-2015, 02:22 PM
Joe rode bitch to the dealer to pick it up. We are too big for riding two up. :roflblack: Len, we leave on Wednesday and will be doing alignments in Spokane on Friday and Saturday.

Bob Denman
06-18-2015, 02:24 PM
Good for him! :thumbup:
I've told the Missus, that if she ever gets her license... I'll be PROUD to buy her the shirt...
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109816&stc=1

PrairieSpyder
06-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Good for him! :thumbup:
I've told the Missus, that if she ever gets her license... I'll be PROUD to buy her the shirt...
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109816&stc=1

the fact that you're still alive indicates that neither of you think she'll ever get her license!

Bob Denman
06-18-2015, 05:12 PM
The bitch referred to on that shirt... would be ME! :D

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-18-2015, 07:15 PM
Bob, I have a SPOT tracker....if you would like to follow along please send me your email and I will send you the link.
Something that you might consider with your SPOT if you are not subscribed to the SPOT Assist program. Set up the Help/Assist message to send an email to someone you can depend on, like Bob, that says you are broke down or have some other significant problem, and need roadside assistance. This would be in cases where there is no danger to life or limb for which of course you would use the SOS button. Bob could then use the GPS coordinates that are in the email to figure out where you are and call for help for you. I'm sure you will be out of cell range most of the time so this would be one way to get help and send it to the exact right spot. Of course, if someone in the group has a satellite phone then you're all set to deal with an emergency.

I considered doing this for myself when I was on my trip but didn't get it done. Plus I was traveling in either cell range or on a road with traffic so I was not concerned about being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

SpyderAnn01
06-18-2015, 07:29 PM
We will have a satellite phone in the group, on the way up anyway.

SPYDERGUY1
06-18-2015, 09:34 PM
AND THE RIDE BEGINS. So Jealous. Enjoy the journey, ride safe, take lot's of pics. All the best.:yes::bowdown:

kbwitt
06-18-2015, 10:05 PM
QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;994494]have a satellite phone in the group, on the way up anyway.[/QUOTE]

Wife and I mid 60's going alone from Phoenix to the UP of Michigan, so I boughta portable cb that will also hook up to rear antenna I will install on bike. It also has weather station.

We plan on spending a day at Sturgis SD for the Rally. Do you think we will be the only Spyder there?
Will be driving a Pearl White 2014 RTs s6 two up. So waive if you see us. ♡

PrairieSpyder
06-18-2015, 10:45 PM
Today I went through Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Park, then US 40 to Vernal, Utah. In Estes Park, I met a couple on a pretty red 2015 RT. They were on the way home to Texas. (Sorry I can't remember their names, but they said they are on SL.)

Here's some pics of RMNP:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109833&stc=1 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109834&stc=1 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109835&stc=1

There were some marmots there, a couple of them really close to the look-out:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109837&stc=1

PrairieSpyder
06-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Here's another marmot pic: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109838&stc=1

They look like big rodents.

It was cloudy and cool when I left the hotel. Then it was nice and chilly above the tree-line in the national park. But on the western slope, it got down-right hot. By the time I was at Steamboat Springs, it was in the 90s and really a drain. I had already my a reservation at Vernal (non-refundable) so I pushed on. If I hadn't I'd have stopped sooner.

I think I'll make tomorrow an easier day. I'll stop at the Cycle Gear store near SLC and then decide which direction to head next. After today's heat, I think I'll head north to Idaho. Even if the heat is similar, I won't be ryding into the sun - until I head west again.

jthornton
06-19-2015, 06:08 AM
Can't remember if I posted the link or not but go to : golakechelan.com...under news there is article # 1 on this adventure...

Kayrl, The article mentions a form to fill out and email to you but there is no link to the form. Do you have a link?

JT

murphybrown
06-19-2015, 06:45 AM
Kayrl, The article mentions a form to fill out and email to you but there is no link to the form. Do you have a link?

JT

Please PM me your email and I will send a form to you ... looking forward to seeing you guys in Eagle River...:yes::clap:

Bob Denman
06-19-2015, 07:18 AM
Patti,
FANTASTIC pictures!!! :clap: :2thumbs:

Thanks!! :thumbup:

NautiBrit
06-19-2015, 07:21 PM
QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;994494]have a satellite phone in the group, on the way up anyway.

Wife and I mid 60's going alone from Phoenix to the UP of Michigan, so I boughta portable cb that will also hook up to rear antenna I will install on bike. It also has weather station.

We plan on spending a day at Sturgis SD for the Rally. Do you think we will be the only Spyder there?
Will be driving a Pearl White 2014 RTs s6 two up. So waive if you see us. ♡[/QUOTE]

Kenn,
I camped in Glencoe at last year's Sturgis event and counted 3 other Spyder RT's besides mine. I wasn't hassled and in fact was made very welcome, even though the Harley crowd had little interest in Spyders. Enjoy your trip.

PrairieSpyder
06-19-2015, 08:47 PM
I slept poorly last night (maybe the 5-hour energy drinks aren't such a good idea). So today I took it easy. I stayed at Vernal, UT, and as I got closer to Heber City, the countryside got prettier. Still kinda desert, but a bit greener. I rode through some pretty canyons between Heber City and Orem. I went that way so I could stop at the Cycle Gear shop just north of there. My iMap sent me to the Best Buy across the street, and I had trouble finding the Cycle Gear store. Their sign isn't too prominent. But finally got there and bought a couple items. Then spent some time getting refreshed at a McDonald's while I decided which way to go next.

I decided to go back to plan A, going north from SLC through Idaho, then west to Oregon.

midnightbreeze50
06-20-2015, 01:45 AM
My wife Karen and I are the couple that will meet the group at the border and plan to lead them on some roads they will not be aware of as they start their adventure through BC Canada. This won't add significantly to the time spent traveling on their first day but will give them an opportunity to see the amazing vineyards and orchards we live among.
It has been fun for me working with Karyl in the planning of their trip through BC and the Yukon as we have done these routes several times including Alaska. I have not said much about Alaska however as I could not possibly be as familiar with it as Akspyderman.
Unfortunately we can't travel the whole trip with the group as our vacation plans this year were already made but we will be traveling with them in spirit and hope to keep track of their adventures.
This is the view that we are forced to endure every day.

Gary
SPEECHLESS, Awsome, wish I had a view like that to Endure everyday!!!! Wonderful, Midnightbreeze, Y'all have a wonderful trip!!!:yes:

PrairieSpyder
06-22-2015, 09:54 AM
I am now in Klamath Falls, Oregon. I was so tired at Vernal, Utah, I decided to make Friday a short day. There was some gear I wanted to get and there is a Cycle Gear store between SLC and Orem, so I went there. Then rode to Tremonton, Utah, for the night. There's a great little hotel there, Western Inn, that's independently owned, reasonably priced and really clean and neat. Saturday I stayed on interstates and went to Ontario, Ore. I stopped in Boise's Cycle Gear and bought a couple more things after trying out the ones I got at SLC. I stayed at Ontario Inn, which was well-recommended on Trip Advisor. I don't know if I'd do that again. Then on secondary roads to here.

Some things I've learned:

Utah and Idaho interstate speed limits are 80 MPH! And in Utah, anyway, the work-zone limit is 70! Nice!
Drivers out west are nice. When I found myself in the wrong lane and needed to move over, people actually gave way for me.
Oregon's gas stations are all full service. But they let motorcyclists pump their own. The attendant will still operate the interactive stuff on the pump so you don't have to contend with all that. I was, at first, annoyed about it, but I found that the attendants I encountered, so far are all friendly and fonts of information.

I had the Custom Dynamics high running/brake light installed just before I left home. Now reading about the incidents in which Spyders are rear-ended makes me extra glad I did that. And, of course, when ever I saw "deer crossing" signs, and when the gas pump attendant at Christmas Valley, Oregon, warned me about the dear on the road, it made me think of what happened to Butch. Considering the extra miles I'm doing this year, I'm trying to be extra vigilant. I hope all the North-to-Alaska ryders are, too.

Bob Denman
06-22-2015, 10:17 AM
You sure are doing a good job of filling in your, "States Travelled " map... :congrats:

SPYDERGUY1
06-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Prairie Spyder, from your blog posting's seem to be doing a lot of shopping. Are you going to have room fro all the goodies ? Please keep posting as you are in a way living my dream, I certainly hope to make it out that way , but not the distance you are traveling. Please keep posting, and RYDE SAFE.

PrairieSpyder
06-22-2015, 10:46 PM
Prairie Spyder, from your blog posting's seem to be doing a lot of shopping. Are you going to have room fro all the goodies ? Please keep posting as you are in a way living my dream, I certainly hope to make it out that way , but not the distance you are traveling. Please keep posting, and RYDE SAFE.

I've started thinking I'm shopping my way to Alaska! It's done now, though. Crater Lake again tomorrow and then onward!

Something else I learned today - Oregon has no sales tax! Cool!!

ARtraveler
06-22-2015, 11:42 PM
I've started thinking I'm shopping my way to Alaska! It's done now, though. Crater Lake again tomorrow and then onward!

Something else I learned today - Oregon has no sales tax! Cool!!

Alaska will have a nice thing or two for you buy when you get here. :yes::yes:

tbhlaw
06-22-2015, 11:53 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110031&stc=1Yesterday was Crater lake Day for us in Oregon. Great place! Deepest lake in US, fourth deepest in world. Depends on snow (43 ft per year average) and rain to for its water. Set world record for water clarity. No pollution because there are no inlets from rivers or streams. Factoid: lake has log floating vertically in water that has been there for more than 100 years. Called the Old Man.

ARtraveler
06-22-2015, 11:58 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110031&stc=1Yesterday was Crater lake Day for us in Oregon. Great place! Deepest lake in US, fourth deepest in world. Depends on snow (43 ft per year average) and rain to for its water. Set world record for water clarity. No pollution because there are no inlets from rivers or streams. Factoid: lake has log floating vertically in water that has been there for more than 100 years. Called the Old Man.

That is one beautiful picture. I think I will print and paint that one. :yes::yes:

tbhlaw
06-23-2015, 12:05 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110032&stc=1 On our way to Alaska! Drove by Walker Lake near Hawthorne NV, about in the middle of the State, which most know is landlocked. It is the home to the Naval Underwater Warfare Center (for real). When we first moved to Vegas I was told they operated two man subs in the lake to practice warfare techniques. More than that, conspiracy theorists postulate that the lake is connected to the Pacific Ocean off the coast of California by a series of caverns over 100 miles long and that the lake serves as a top secret nuclear submarine base since no one would think of looking in the middle of the desert for submarines. We stopped hoping to see the submarine races but only spotted a periscope shown in the lower right of the picture.

tbhlaw
06-23-2015, 12:14 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110033&stc=1Passed through Beatty NV on way to Alaska. Caught a couple of gals waiting on the downtown corner for a couple of Jacks to come by. Offered them some carrots and a ride but they were not interested.

SpyderAnn01
06-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Wow, Tommy those are awesome pictures. Are you taking all of those with your new little inhaler camera?

cptjam
06-23-2015, 05:03 PM
We love those pictures! Take more!

NautiBrit
06-23-2015, 08:46 PM
Passed through Beatty NV on way to Alaska. Caught a couple of gals waiting on the downtown corner for a couple of Jacks to come by. Offered them some carrots and a ride but they were not interested.

Of course they weren't interested, they were headed to Bingo at the Senior Center. :chat:

PrairieSpyder
06-23-2015, 09:12 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110079&stc=1

SPYDERGUY1
06-23-2015, 09:55 PM
MAGNIFICENT Pictures, obviously the trip is going well, no issues other than shopping and running out of room. Once again, travel safe, and enjoy, keep posting. My Alaska cruise is quickly coming, so hope to come home and read all the posts and see the pics. :bowdown:

SpyderAnn01
06-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Joe just left to pick up our dog sitter. The bikes and trailer are packed, we head out for Pocatello, ID in the morning. :yes:

PrairieSpyder
06-23-2015, 10:21 PM
Joe just left to pick up our dog sitter. The bikes and trailer are packed, we head out for Pocatello, ID in the morning. :yes:

Yippee!!! :dg2:

PrairieSpyder
06-23-2015, 10:27 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110090&stc=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110091&stc=1

pitzerwm
06-24-2015, 12:48 AM
If you come thru the Tri-Cities (182 & 395) give us a call. Have a drink/dinner/spend the night.

lwrydr
06-24-2015, 02:42 AM
Which way you coming thru Wa. Maybe we could meet up for lunch or dinner. Sounds like your having a great trip so far.

Highwayman2013
06-24-2015, 05:19 AM

Enjoy the trip, see you in July!

vided
06-24-2015, 05:50 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110090&stc=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110091&stc=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110094&stc=1

PrairieSpyder
06-24-2015, 09:39 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110094&stc=1

Thanks. All my iPhone pics that are portrait get imported sideways here. I had a had time even getting them to my Mac, and they come up right on preview.

I have a bunch more, but won't bore you with them all.

Bob Denman
06-24-2015, 09:42 AM
Hi Patti!
GREAT pics! :clap:
When do you figure that you'll be meeting up with the rest of the gang that's going to invade Alaska? :D

PrairieSpyder
06-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Hi Patti!
GREAT pics! :clap:
When do you figure that you'll be meeting up with the rest of the gang that's going to invade Alaska? :D

I expect to get to Karyl's place the 26th. The official gathering is the 28th, but I think other folks will be there before that.

cptjam
06-24-2015, 10:46 AM
1st stop, St. George, Utah. Gas and breakfast; NV,AZ, and Utah....before breakfast! Running great, cool 80's. Sweet!

Exditchdigger
06-24-2015, 04:22 PM
As a old time Alaskan who has driven the Alcan many times. May I suggest some one in your party pick up the latest edition of the Alaska milepost. It covers all the routes to Alaska and in Alaska. As a lot of the fuel stops have closed due to less traffic . I never drove the Alcan with out one. I wish I was young enough to go with you. Watch out for the wildlife and don't pet the grizzles.

Bob Denman
06-24-2015, 05:27 PM
http://www.themilepost.com/

:thumbup:

easysuper
06-24-2015, 05:58 PM
Come on guys , These guys have been planing this trip for a year ! They have thought of the milepost , and everything in between . besides a number of them have made the trip several times , We were signed up but had to cancel because of a late permit on my project or I would be loading up today heading to Karyls house. At least we get to put Patti up for the night and visit with a true adventurer. Add somethig if its helpfull but just to post to add to your tally is a bit to much, get off the keyboards and ride guys.

PrairieSpyder
06-24-2015, 08:43 PM
Dave, I'm at your house now. Ellie's cooking & I'm talking. Thanks for putting me up - but you aren't really put out much, are you? You invited me & then took off!

easysuper
06-24-2015, 09:10 PM
You got that backwards Patti, I envited you and was'nt even home ! Glad we (Ellie) could host a traveler such as you and our new Spyder friends. Have a safe journey .

SpyderAnn01
06-24-2015, 09:23 PM
We made it to Pocatello, it was a tad warm in rush hour traffic in Salt Lake but overall a good ride.

And if you ever decide to drive your Tesla out west you can charge them in Beaver and Nephi, UT. No waiting. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110168&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110169&stc=1

Santa Ken
06-24-2015, 09:44 PM
To All,
I am leaving 8-18-15 from San Clemente, CA for Alaska. Eager to follow your exploits. Picking up wife on the 20th in Vancouver, BC, then onto Cache Creek. No reservations after that, but Stewart/Hyder is on the list. Riding 2014 RT-S SE6. Travel safe out there!
Santa Ken

Bob Denman
06-25-2015, 07:17 AM
Ann,
Thanks for the pictures of the Tesla re-charging station. We don't have anything like that up here! :thumbup:

vided
06-25-2015, 07:32 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110079&stc=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110187&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110188&stc=1

SpyderAnn01
06-25-2015, 11:32 PM
We had a nice ride today from Pocatello, ID to Spokane, WA. The weather was great until mid afternoon and it got really hot again. We stopped at the KTM dealer in Missoula, MT so Joe could but some saddlebag liners for his new bike.

I took a picture when we stopped for gas, for me that's an accomplishment! Cute little town in MT has an old prison a car museum, this cute little house and most important, a gas station.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110356&stc=1

We had dinner in an old train car in Spokane. The car has been a diner since 1931. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110357&stc=1

lwrydr
06-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Just a quick note to wish you all a pleasent and safe trip to Alaska. When I went in 2006 I had a very interesting ride.
I enjoyed chatting with you folks at Spyderfest. Have fun.

murphybrown
06-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Just a quick note to wish you all a pleasent and safe trip to Alaska. When I went in 2006 I had a very interesting ride.
I enjoyed chatting with you folks at Spyderfest. Have fun.

71 Hours and we saddle up and head NORTH TO ALASKA...but who is counting???? We all ARE...:yes::yes::yes: Thank you so very much for your good wishes....

Bob Denman
06-26-2015, 11:22 AM
:D Does it feel like:

"Tick... Tick... Tick... " yet? :shocked:

PW2013STL
06-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Kathy and I hit the trail in 4 1/2 hours :thumbup:

I am so looking forward to meeting the rest of the North To Alaska crew in two days.:yes:

SL Ken
06-26-2015, 01:42 PM
I don't know about the rest you you but I am loving the pictures and commentary. Please keep it up as you are able to. Thanks!

Cruzr Joe
06-26-2015, 02:40 PM
I wish all of you a happy, safe and fun trip.

Cruzr Joe

PrairieSpyder
06-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Where I stayed at Crater Lake.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110377&stc=1

Ellie Sims, Mrs easy-super, with whom I stayed Wed night.

Ill post rosy more after I get down the road. I'm a couple hours from MurphyBrown's.

Bob Denman
06-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Glad to hear that you've almost completed the FIRST leg of this epic journey! :D

jaherbst
06-26-2015, 06:25 PM
We made it to Pocatello, it was a tad warm in rush hour traffic in Salt Lake but overall a good ride.

And if you ever decide to drive your Tesla out west you can charge them in Beaver and Nephi, UT. No waiting. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110168&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110169&stc=1

Saw these at the new Holiday Inn in Gallup NM on our way back from the owners event in Durango last year. There will be twenty thousand nation wide shortly.

Jack

jaherbst
06-26-2015, 06:33 PM
OK, I am giving the first North to Alaska person who can get a Grizzly Bear to sit on their Spyder while you take a picture of it, a case of Shock Top Beer. (my personal favorite)

Jack

vided
06-26-2015, 07:14 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110382&stc=1

NautiBrit
06-26-2015, 10:29 PM
Helen and I left Phoenix bright and early this morning before the Temps really got up there. It didn't matter, we hit a high of 115 along the route to Ely, NV. I had the 30K service done before we left, or at least I thought I was getting the full service. Seems my dealer reads the service contract a little differently than it is written, long story, but the outcome is positive ...... to a point. Anyway, back to the ride on day 1. As we left Vegas we got off the freeway for gas andon restarting my check engine came on. Being the brilliant mechanic that I am, I immediately thought, my oil level is low (keep in mind doing the previously referred to problems with the dealer). Boy was I wrong, my mechanic was overly generous. Doing the MacGyver thing, I used a straw, dipped it in the oil, put my thumb over the dry end to hold the oil and slowly transferred almost 2 cups of crude. The check engine light is now off, but I'm holding my breath waiting for the next mechanic faux pas. Paranoid....moi?

SpyderAnn01
06-26-2015, 11:16 PM
Wow, that's a lot of extra oil. I had to change my battery today and I hope that is the last of my problems. Joe had an oil leak that was fixed and his dealer was supposed to do his first service while the bike was there. He noticed the other day that his oil was low, makes us wonder if they changed the oil or not. :banghead:

PW2013STL
06-26-2015, 11:58 PM
We just arrived at the Super 8 in Jamestown, ND. Leaving early AM for Butte, MT this will be our longest ride of the trip.
Sorry, but no time for pictures - besides nothing worth taking a picture of from the 94 interstate.

Les

PrairieSpyder
06-27-2015, 12:10 AM
I'm in Chelan. I stayed at the Paradise Inn at Mount Rainier last night. I"ll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks to Vided for turning my pics right-side-up.

murphybrown
06-27-2015, 01:56 AM
Arrived safely May 1972 :roflblack::roflblack:. Hot here oh yea REALLY HOT HERE. Reached 105 today

higher tomorrow and Sunday. I for one am going to welcome cooler temps when we get into BC. Monday 90's. Tuesday 70's. Now that's what I'm looking forward to!!!
Folks are arriving. Desperately seeking A/C ...:yikes:

vided
06-27-2015, 04:59 AM
I'm in Chelan. I stayed at the Paradise Inn at Mount Rainier last night. I"ll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks to Vided for turning my pics right-side-up.

totally my pleasure
i have unlimited rotation left. :roflblack::roflblack:
enjoy your trip and be well

PrairieSpyder
06-27-2015, 11:01 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110411&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110409&stc=1I stayed at Paradise Inn at Mt Rainier. Then same on to Chelan yesterday. Will hit Walmart today, reorganize & repack.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110407&stc=1

Ex Winger
06-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Sure sounds like a great trip.Everyone ride safe and keep the pics coming really enjoy them.
Bil

vided
06-27-2015, 03:16 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110411&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110409&stc=1I stayed at Paradise Inn at Mt Rainier. Then same on to Chelan yesterday. Will hit Walmart today, reorganize & repack.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110407&stc=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110429&stc=1

PW2013STL
06-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Kathy and I just arrived in Butte, MT. 12 1/2 hours and most at 102 temp. Feels good to rest! We will head out about 7:00am to make the 6:00pm dinner. I hope you all do not mind two road dirty persons at dinner.

See you all tomorrow :yes:

murphybrown
06-27-2015, 11:03 PM
Kathy and I just arrived in Butte, MT. 12 1/2 hours and most at 102 temp. Feels good to rest! We will head out about 7:00am to make the 6:00pm dinner. I hope you all do not mind two road dirty persons at dinner.

Ryde safe...see you tomorrow...

Jim&Teresa
06-28-2015, 08:24 AM

Great progress. :thumbup: I didn't realize "up north" in the US would be that hot, however, it is almost July. I looked up Chelan, WA for today's forecast and it stated a high of 105! :yikes::yikes::yikes: WOW.

Ride safe (I know you will) and have a great time..... :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Gator37
06-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Yes it can be Hot in the NW and this weather is just a sample. My son and I rode in from Butte, MT. Friday eventing to his place in Deer Park, WA and hit temps up to 105, but mostly continuous 102º. Sure did enjoy the nice relatively cool Cody, WY for three days. I could live quite well there in the Summer, guess that would make me a "Heat Bird". Don't like temps over 80 and don't mind cold winters if they don't last too long. Bike performed beautifully and averaged 38 to 39 mpg. It is due for 3000 mile service in another 500 miles. That BajaRon bar was worth every cent in the twisties on some of the Mtn. highways and sure glad I had the bumpskid on when I hit a solfball size rock just outside Red Lodge, Monsanta. It did it's job.
Glad to be home but erwas a trip to remember.

cognaccruiser
06-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Yesterday at the border where you guys are crossing into Canada at Osoyoos, the official high was 100.4 F and with humidex it was almost 108 F. Where I am, south of Penticton, just 45 minutes north it was 104 F on our deck. Today will be much the same but tomorrow they are forecasting (like you can trust that!!) temperatures of around 88 F and 60% chance of showers so the humidity will probably be higher.
Going across highway 97C it climbs quite a lot and is always cooler up there until you come down to Merritt. But tomorrow definitely should be a little cooler.

Gary

PS: Yes it gets hot up here in parts of "the great white north" too and we usually have similar weather to Chelan Washington which technically, we are both at the northern tip of the Sonoran Dessert. We have cactus growing here.

ARtraveler
06-28-2015, 01:15 PM
The weather for the Eagle River area seems to have taken the turn back to "normal." After almost a month of record highs, a few low pressure areas are now back. This amounts to low 60's, some clouds, and some rain (which we need badly). You may encounter cooler temps on your trek through the Yukon Territory.

It was in the 40's up at the Arctic Ocean with 30's at night most of the past week.

The weather may change again for your stay here. Will keep you posted about this time next week.

Enjoy whatever Mother Nature throws at you and be safe, warm, and dry. Twenty four hours and counting. :yes:

cptjam
06-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Departed Spokane this morning for a quick romp over to Chelan. Arrived in time for a quick dip in the pool! Much nicer! A bit of pre-ride checks, and we are off to the Bon voyage dinner! Karyl and Patti are sorting and re-organizing, and Ann is too! Adventure awaits!

vided
06-28-2015, 04:17 PM
Sure sounds like a great trip.Everyone ride safe and keep the pics coming really enjoy them.
Bil

:agree: What he said

PrairieSpyder
06-28-2015, 11:21 PM
We had a going-away banquet tonight, along with many of Karyl's (MurphyBrown's) local riding friends from the group Samaritan Riders. They raised money based on Karyl's and Fred's mileage for the Alaska trip. The pledges were tallied at the banquet and along with what some of the NtA ryders kicked in call came to $2000. They raise money for one child suffering a bad disease. This year the recipient is Addison who has neuroblastema, a kind of cancer. It's an honor to help in such a good cause.

Now we're at Karyl's, finishing packing, washing Spyders and thinking of what I might possibly forget to do. We'll have a breakfast here, then try to get on the road at 8 am. If I don't get a chance to post in the morning, I'll try to do so as soon as I have internet service again.

PW2013STL
06-29-2015, 12:46 AM
We had a going-away banquet tonight, along with many of Karyl's (MurphyBrown's) local riding friends from the group Samaritan Riders. They raised money based on Karyl's and Fred's mileage for the Alaska trip. The pledges were tallied at the banquet and along with what some of the NtA ryders kicked in call came to $2000. They raise money for one child suffering a bad disease. This year the recipient is Addison who has neuroblastema, a kind of cancer. It's an honor to help in such a good cause.

Now we're at Karyl's, finishing packing, washing Spyders and thinking of what I might possibly forget to do. We'll have a breakfast here, then try to get on the road at 8 am. If I don't get a chance to post in the morning, I'll try to do so as soon as I have internet service again.

Yes -what Patty said!!
Kathy and I arrived around 4:00pm and had time to chat a little before off to the banquet.
Most of the ride was around 104 with a shot of 113 tossed in for fun. The morning started out a 57, but that did not last long.
Hope tomorrow is cooler!

Les

PrairieSpyder
06-29-2015, 08:50 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110518&stc=1 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110520&stc=1 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110521&stc=1 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110522&stc=1

PrairieSpyder
06-29-2015, 11:49 PM
At Clinton, BC. Here's a couple pics at our hotel:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110612&stc=1 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110613&stc=1

PrairieSpyder
06-30-2015, 12:00 AM
We had rain when we left Chelan and it cleared up at the border. So most of us removed our hot rain gear. The it rained again & it went back on . . . then off. Then guess what? Right! Back on. I think we did that 3 or 4 times. The last time I was at the end and hurried to get geared up & laud my glasses on the Spyder while I removed my helmet. Then after I got dressed & the helmet back on then took off. No glasses . . But I didn't realize it for several miles. Went back for them and found this:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110614&stc=1

OJ UK
06-30-2015, 03:59 AM
I've done that too many times, Patti!! I now use Flexon frames which don't suffer so badly when I sit on them!

vided
06-30-2015, 05:46 AM
:clap:
At Clinton, BC. Here's a couple pics at our hotel:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110612&stc=1 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110613&stc=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110642&stc=1

PrairieSpyder
06-30-2015, 07:47 AM
I've done that too many times, Patti!! I now use Flexon frames which don't suffer so badly when I sit on them!

Not sure of the brand, but these were that type of frame. They just couldn't withstand being rolled over by vehicle tires.

Bob Denman
06-30-2015, 07:57 AM
...Of the "NTA Brigade's", advance into Canada! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyx0K4WrElo&feature=player_detailpage

cognaccruiser
06-30-2015, 10:05 AM
My wife and I met the group at the Washington/BC border and led them on some more scenic, less busy roads, had lunch at a local pub and then led them as far as Merritt, BC, about 135 miles, before sending them off on the remaining 100 miles of their first day to Clinton. Obviously they didn't get lost.
Yes, it was the first day we had rain in weeks and although we needed it, we would have preferred it rain another day. We waited at the border for about 1 hour mostly in the rain and shortly before they arrived, the sun came out. It rained again when we crossed the mountain pass going to Merritt.
Attached are a few pictures. Not great pictures but a record of their arrival in BC and a couple of pictures at the restaurant.

Gary

jimnsusie
06-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Love the pictures that are being posted. Been watching them on the spot map and looks like they are making good time. Of course the spot doesn't show the weather. Be neat if it did. At least they seem to have good satellite coverage. How cool, gotta do this next year.

cognaccruiser
06-30-2015, 05:15 PM
I was looking at the SPOT link and my first thought was that you missed your turn on to highway 16. Either that or you went into Prince George for a lunch stop and had to turn around to go back to 16. Either way, you seem to be on the right track now. :) Burns Lake tonight I believe.

Gary

jaherbst
06-30-2015, 07:26 PM
So how many riders total and how many rigs are actually making this adventure together? I only counted four in the picture. Where's that new KTM Joe?

Jack

Texasranger
06-30-2015, 10:38 PM
We left Austin on May 25 returned yesterday and bought a new 2015 RT limited today.
We pulled a 39'ft RV and hauled a RZR for off road fun. We met my sister on the way back for a night as she was heading up. Have fun. The road from Destruction Bay to the Alaska border is the roughest road you will ever drive.

cptjam
06-30-2015, 11:50 PM
KTM running great. Going 100-120 K I get 50 mpg! All 10 Spyders plus me are running well, no problems, except dirt and rain. No gas issues, no real traffic. Great trip, great folks! Cheers! Joe
15 people total.