PDA

View Full Version : New to Spyder World! NHTSA Campaign 13V386000

barryj
05-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Has the solution to Service Brakes Master cylinder campaign been completed? I purchased a 2013 Spyder RT-S SE5 that is being held by dealer because of a recall but it looks like this was addressed in 2013. Before I call the dealer back can anyone shed light on if this recall should have been completed or if the parts are available to do the work? In my research it looks like part 219 800 310 may have been the solution which was a combination of shields and bolts to defect the heat from the master cylinder.

YPILOT
05-26-2015, 02:53 PM
Your dealer should know if the update has been performed on your Spyder by the VIN #. If it has not been done he will order the parts and perform the necessary tasks

Chupaca
05-26-2015, 03:00 PM
brp has just released the latested fix for the heat issue. A temp fix was done a while bac. Read todays post on recalls...:thumbup:

barryj
05-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Your dealer should know if the update has been performed on your Spyder by the VIN #. If it has not been done he will order the parts and perform the necessary tasks

I have been told the part is not available yet, I saw the release from BRP today and it seems to be addressing another issue - Elevated Temperature in Engine Compartment. I am not sure if it is a different problem or the master cylinder leaking and fire issue.