PDA

View Full Version : sealfloorboards

Thorano
05-26-2015, 12:02 PM
:clap:I want thank John Anderson for the great Seal Boards he designed. Easy 20 minutes to installation and great comfort. Thank again John.

Cruzr Joe
05-26-2015, 12:09 PM
:clap:I want thank John Anderson for the great Seal Boards he designed. Easy 20 minutes to installation and great comfort. Thank again John.

John makes a great product. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
05-26-2015, 01:32 PM
:agree: and second the motion. :yes:

wiredgeorge
07-10-2015, 08:09 AM
2010 Spyder RT SM5 - Once the suspension was sorted and my wife got her arm rests, the full Seal Boards are the absolute best accessory I have installed. Turns the static foot position RT into a comfortable touring machine with a variety of foot positions.

Note these 20 minute installs are done on SE5/SE6 bikes with no shift pedal. I had to use an 18" breaker bar with a M17 socket to break loose the nut on the left peg using an M15 wrench jammed against the frame to hold the head of the bolt that holds the left peg. The factory used enough permanent loctite that it made the chore HARD. It also took me awhile to adjust the shift linkage to get the shift height where it needed to be. The linkage has a M6 nut that must be loosened and in my case I had to lengthen the shift linkage to raise the shifter far enough where I could get my foot under it. I bought an earlier product and the shifter is now changed but mine had to be bent so it wouldn't contact the cut out.

The extra work was well worth it and I could do this job much more quickly now that I understand what needs done. Since the SE5/SE6 model has no toe shifter, the 20 minute install is very realistic.