PDA

View Full Version : What Should CanAm Have made Stock ?

WEB-WVR
05-25-2015, 06:05 PM
Maybe they will be watching.................................... :hun::hun:

If you could look at all the add-ons available for the :spyder2:... what should CanAm have made as a stock part of the Spyder ? List two:

I will start

1. SpiderPops Style Bumpskid
2. Battery gauge

Your turn ! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-25-2015, 06:09 PM
A Gas Door, on the seat... :thumbup:

Deanna777
05-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Here are my 2:

A painted dashboard

A Break light on the trunk

LED'S on the fenders ( on the RTS-SE6'S) facing the driver. ( reason- visibility, safety)

Deanna

kngfsh27
05-25-2015, 06:18 PM
Bumpskid, because I have used mine already.:banghead: The gas door would be great because I stop just as often with my Spyder (6.9gal) as I did with my Harley (5.2 gal).:dontknow: That being said, I don't ride down the road now wondering when I am going to break.:yes:

SPYD3R
05-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Here are my 2:
A painted dashboard
A light in the frunk

Deanna

Deanna;
open frunk, turn on headlites.... frunk fills up with lite....
Dan

OldDog
05-25-2015, 06:32 PM
A hand brake and a belt dampener...

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Deanna;
Dan

Dan when are the Headlights off ?????...................Mike :thumbup:

Dan McNally
05-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Bluetooth connectivity should be standard on the RT LTD, not an overly priced option due to a unique cable . . .

Deanna777
05-25-2015, 06:54 PM
Deanna;
DanDan, I will try it Deanna

cuznjohn
05-25-2015, 06:59 PM
hand break

Cruzr Joe
NOTHING .............................. I want to do my own Farkling, i don't want to look like every one else.

HEY, BRP, ignore this entire thread.

Cruzr Joe

AY4B
On my ST LTD?
The 1330 SE6
Bumpskid or the like.
Bluetooth dongle for more compatibility of devices
First year of service free
Baja Ron swaybar

DJFaninTN
05-25-2015, 07:16 PM
a much better front shock that is adjustable

an improved entertainment system that is already blue tooth capable with a back up camera integrated

turn signals that the driver can actually see during daylight hours

PistonBlown
05-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Aprilla engine mapping:-)

On a serious note fitting the RSS with a sports mode switch with a more powerful engine mapping and less restrictive nanny.

If they did that I for one would upgrade from my RS to an RSS as the extra S would really mean something.

samewok
05-25-2015, 07:34 PM
gas door and Led fender lights.

PMK
05-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Honestly, I am kind of with the Cruzr Joe. The Dongle would be a finishing touch on the RTl, but otherwise the package stuff they have is acceptable.

Yes our machine has some stuff added and done to it, but as mentioned, seems better to be unique rather than simply a squadron of matching machines.

PK

donkes
05-25-2015, 07:36 PM
A hand brake that works w the footbrake. Very much needed. :yes:

happyspyder2039
05-25-2015, 08:02 PM

If you could look at all the add-ons available for the :spyder2:... what should CanAm have made as a stock part of the Spyder ? List two:

I will start

2. Battery gauge

Improved Seat instead of having to buy an upgraded or different.
All wheel drive System- as I ryde yr around.

Scoot2Mtns
05-25-2015, 08:15 PM
A USB power port on the dash. ( just edited ) - no, I want two ports.

Chupaca
05-25-2015, 10:21 PM
I won't say...I'm affarid of the price increase...:roflblack::roflblack:

flaggerphil
05-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Hand brake and a gas door.

3 Wheel Rider
05-25-2015, 10:37 PM
Thicker swaybar (reason: safety, handling)
Bumpskid (reason: damage protection)
HMT taillight (reason: safety, visibility)
Gas Door (reason: convenience)

ARtraveler
05-26-2015, 12:31 AM
:ani29:: A real touring grade seat--standard on the upline models. I am now up to replacing 5 out of 5 OEM seats. The OEM is just to bleeping soft for me.

:ani29:: A gas door in the seat.

:ani29:: An electric frunk opener switch.

:ani29:: LED fender lights and HMT trunk lightbar.

Spyder 42
05-26-2015, 08:39 AM
My vote would be for a hand brake. If nothing else, this gives me a bit quicker reaction time as I can cover the brake lever with two fingers while riding. The question will be how to integrate it into the system. I assume that the ABS pump already has 3 cylinders as we have calipers and sensors on all three wheel. Where the integration could really shine would be to have 3 different modes available; linked (proportional or not), separate front/rear, or all to one input (lever or pedal) for our enabled riders. The programming part is easy and most of the components already exist. BRP could implement this with minimal additional cost to the buyer.

In regard to seats, every body's back side is different. Leave them alone and give the cottage industries some work.

jwulf74
05-26-2015, 08:55 AM
A Gas Door, on the seat... :thumbup:

+ 1 million on that one...

r1100rider
05-26-2015, 09:18 AM
Dan when are the Headlights off ?????...................Mike :thumbup:
The rs has a finger pull switch on right front that will trigger lite even with key off

fratzba
05-26-2015, 09:23 AM
A hand brake lever and
Power ports that are accessible near the handlebars.

-Fratz

Tx web rider
05-26-2015, 09:23 AM
for me
1. a properly engineered bike that don't need after marker suspension upgrades to make it handle great I.E. (suspension, belt tensioner or a shaft drive, road protection, wind management)
2. reliability to be able to count on it every time to run with out problems like the can-ams have

mine sits in the garage parked because I cant count on it to start and run trouble free so I ride my Goldwing 1800 now

MRH
05-26-2015, 09:26 AM
A third brake light on the RT (like the one I added from Custom Dynamics).

Better shocks would also be a big plus.

Overall, though, I think they were wise to focus on refining quality and switching out the engine in 2014, rather than adding a lot of extras.

etaoin
05-26-2015, 09:27 AM
I know backrests are optional, but for the price they charge for one, it darn-well ought to be adjustable.

wiredgeorge
05-26-2015, 09:37 AM
An M1919 Browning 30 cal. on each front fender. (Does this count as one item or two?)

Bob Denman
05-26-2015, 09:56 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108128&stc=1
It should probably count as a single item... :thumbup:

JkRbbt
05-26-2015, 10:36 AM
1. Belt dampener seems a no-brainer on a machine with a long belt.
2. 3rd brake lite on the trunk of the RT for safety reasons.
3. Visible turn signal indications would be nice.

Orange Spyder Man
05-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Real tires .. not sub-standard ones

osm

finless
05-26-2015, 10:57 AM
My wish list:

UPDATE the audio and communications system!
Drop the RadioSound crap. It is old, out dated, and expensive!
I mean come on.... you cannot have a wired headset setup without adding a CB?
1) Wired headset jacks should be standard and no CB required.
2) Adding Bluetooth should not cost $300 just for a cable.
3) Time to update the iPod plug, the old 30 pin connector is obsolete!
4) For people that want CB, use something that works!
5) Allow other options than CB like FRS or GMRS radios.

Added safety:
- Do something about the driver not being able to easily see their turn signals are on! Preference I think from most is something on the mirrors as stock.
- A top trunk brake light should be standard.

Comfort:
- Make the RT passenger grips adjustable for different sized people.
- Tri-axis handlebars should be standard.

Problems (RT based):
- Look at the ACS system design again. Seems a lot of people have failures in this area.
- Fix the breaking windshield arm problem.
- Come up with a better left and right mirror mounting system. Something more stable, secure, etc.
- Do something about the front trunk jamming/sticking issue or the cable breaking. Seems lots of people see a dealer for this!

Other things:

Get a better parts distribution and delivery system. I mean waiting for a week or more for a part is not fun!

Please open parts of BOSSWeb to the public so people can service the product other than dealers if the user so chooses! What I mean by that is Tech bulletins and information that would be important for users to know and not just dealers to know and then not do!

Publish the CanBuss spec! This would allow other companies to make products that work with the buss like better radios, etc!

Also maybe make the purchase of BUDs a little more reasonable? Do you have to make a huge profit on that? Owners should be able to service their Spyder if they choose and have the diagnostic at a reasonable price. I don't have to spend $1,000 to buy a diagnostic tool for my cars!

I am sure I could come up with more as I think about it.

Bob

Commander
05-26-2015, 11:33 AM
I have a few

1. Frunk light

2. Better (louder) Muffler right now it sounds like a Prius

3. bumper skid

spydaman60
05-26-2015, 11:35 AM
i agree with the cuz on this one! hand brake!!!

ARCTIC
05-26-2015, 11:40 AM
HANDBRAKE!!!

a fully auto or cvt transmission would be very nice too

rogerb
05-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Hand Brake
Better headlights and easier to change. Distance and brightness are not a CanAm qualities right now. I would like to be able to see deer crossing more than 50 feet ahead. And changing the light should not have to be a half a bike tear down.

missouriboy
05-26-2015, 11:55 AM
turn signals that the driver can actually see during daylight hoursAlong with a lane-change cancel function that actually works right the first time, every time, especially on bumpy pavement at 70mph in a gusty crosswind! I know I would use mine more if it weren't for the dangerous distraction of trying cancel them after use.

(The teeny-tiny blinking indicators problem could be better solved with real turn signals in the mirrors. This would not only help the ryder, but also the surrounding traffic, for better safety.)

Bob Denman
05-26-2015, 11:58 AM
(The teeny-tiny blinking indicators problem could be better solved with real turn signals in the mirrors. This would not only help the ryder, but also the surrounding traffic, for better safety.)

:agree: with this one... :thumbup:

MarkLawson
05-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Along with a lane-change cancel function that actually works right the first time, every time, especially on bumpy pavement at 70mph in a gusty crosswind! I know I would use mine more if it weren't for the dangerous distraction of trying cancel them after use.

This is number one for me. I even filed a complaint with the NHTSA because I believe it is a serious safety hazard not being able to quickly and confidently cancel turn signals. Having to repeated hit the button because instead of canceling, you're giving the opposite indication to drivers around you. If you're in heavy traffic, this could spell real trouble as you're signaling wrong information and repeatedly having to look at your dash to see if you've cancelled as desired or just turned on the other blinker.

I also added the Muth Mirrors that have the built in turn signals. Love them & they look OEM.

Also, the intercom on the RT should be standard equipment.

Tango
05-26-2015, 01:32 PM
Make the Limited a "true" Limited. Load it up. And give it an engine boost. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Bob Denman
05-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Make the Limited a "true" Limited. Load it up. And give it an engine boost.
What would you like to see added to the bike? :dontknow:
While I do agree with you... We need a "shopping List" here! :D :thumbup:

DJFaninTN
05-26-2015, 10:01 PM

Chrome rear wheel.

Chrome rear sprocket

Upgraded seat (something closer to like what a Goldwing has)

Tango
05-27-2015, 08:38 AM

Heated seat
Rider Back rest
Vented Windshield
Adjustable Wind Wings
Adjustable Highway Pegs
Car Tires
Frunk Switch
Fender and Bag Lighting ala Tricled
High mount Rear Brake Light
Elka Shocks
Blue Tooth Standard
USB and Car Charger in Dash
Enlarged Dash(so we can see it)
Better Dealer Net Work :banghead:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
05-27-2015, 08:51 AM
tricled daytime running lights on fender w/turn signal
3rd brake light
tpms tire sensors
and i would really love it to have an ikey keyless start with motion sensor alarm

ARCTIC
05-27-2015, 09:32 AM
Did I mention a HANDBRAKE??? Because I think it should really come with a HANDBRAKE. Who wouldn't want to have a HANDBRAKE on their machine? :roflblack::roflblack:

robtdonna
05-27-2015, 10:12 AM
CHROME as stock item? Optional maybe but not stock - increases cost and many don't like the chrome.

Chrome rear wheel.

Chrome rear sprocket

Upgraded seat (something closer to like what a Goldwing has)

robtdonna
05-27-2015, 10:13 AM
Hmmm, many good suggestions but can't believe no one mentioned SpyderPops Missing Rockguard. That seems like a mandatory item for sure.

speedbuggy
05-27-2015, 10:38 AM
I own a 08 GS. I have had the park break adjusted so many times. Instead of a sloppy foot operated park brake, how about
a hand operated park brake. The park break seems to flimsy and never really works. When it will not release, you have to lay on the ground and with a screw driver, release the cam to let the brake off.

This was a poor design.

A PROPER HAND PARK BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fat Baxter
05-27-2015, 06:16 PM
1. Some kind of power port (doesn't have to be USB) back around the leg area, for heated clothing. Also, it should double as a plug-in for a battery charger; power in, power out. BMW does this for all its bikes. My '99 BMW R1100RT came with one in the dash, and I got two additional ones (a drop-in mod that plugged into a ready-made junction in the wiring harness) down around my left ankle, precisely for heated driver and passenger clothing. For the price of a Spyder RT, it's odd not to have such, as they are literally nickle-and-dime.

2. More positive turn signal cancellation, something with a definitive "click." And brighter turn signal indicators to match.

3. Adjustable handlebars (especially for the price of an RT). I scratch my head as to the price of the Tri-Axis handlebars.

4. The inside of the frunk, as well as the saddlebags and tail trunk, should be a medium flat gray instead of black. (I got this idea from some sidecar drivers; some sidecars have a trunk behind the seat, and it's dark in there!) Being black, it's hard to discern any relief on the inside surfaces, even on a bright day. Medium gray would provide visual contrast.

5. The sound system for an RT Limited should already have some memory to load up a music library. This kind of technology is widely available, and the Limited should be unlimited in its gee-gaws.

6. Better speakers.

wd8ajj
05-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Seat back and head rest for crizin

kenfromhv
05-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Adjustable windshields for all models - period .

BajaRon
05-27-2015, 10:45 PM
I own a 08 GS. I have had the park break adjusted so many times. Instead of a sloppy foot operated park brake, how about
a hand operated park brake. The park break seems to flimsy and never really works. When it will not release, you have to lay on the ground and with a screw driver, release the cam to let the brake off.

This was a poor design.

A PROPER HAND PARK BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has your 08 had the parking brake fix?

Bfromla
05-28-2015, 02:53 AM
Foglights
fender led's ,amber & break
battery gauge
better tires
belt tensioner or go drive shaft.
Fuel door
bump skid.

Centurion.TX
05-28-2015, 03:59 AM
The switch to turn off the governor. I want to go faster than 111mph in the straightaways.

The switch / dial to turn the VSS ("nanny") into F3 mode (loosen it up) . Might be nice to see dynamic electronic modes depending g on skill level / break in times.

S&L
06-05-2015, 09:52 PM
SWAY BAR!

The switch to turn off the governor. I want to go faster than 111mph in the straightaways.

The switch / dial to turn the VSS ("nanny") into F3 mode (loosen it up) . Might be nice to see dynamic electronic modes depending g on skill level / break in times.

John Moody
06-05-2015, 10:35 PM
1. SpiderPops Style Bumperskid
2. Gas Door
3. and a place for cellphone up front (glove box get too hot)

RandyL
06-08-2015, 04:31 PM
On a serious note fitting the RSS with a sports mode switch with a more powerful engine mapping and less restrictive nanny.

Amen to that! If BMW and KTM can do it on their bikes certainly BRP can do it. The overly restrictive nanny is why I won't own one for my own ride at present.

modagwood
06-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Here are my 2:
A painted dashboard

A light in the frunk

LED'S on the fenders ( on the RTS-SE6'S) facing the driver. ( reason- visibility, safety)

Deanna
I think it would be nice if all dash lights was in night mode all the timeday light & dark. much easier to see.

modagwood
06-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Here are my 2:
A painted dashboard

A light in the frunk

Deanna
I think it would be nice if all dash lights was in night mode all the time day time and night time

CentralCoastCA
06-08-2015, 10:52 PM
All I can add is an Integrated alarm system and a BMW style keyless remote that locks and unlocks all the hard cases, frunk and handlebars.

Larger LCD screen with integrated GPS and glare resistant.

ThreeWheels
06-09-2015, 01:38 AM
My list is fairly short.
Triaxis bars standard. My old Yamaha Venture had them standard in 1984.
Handbrake.
A convenience light for the rear trunk. Someone (Finless or JC maybe) posted a nice automatic light setup that I wish I could duplicate.
High Mount Brake Light.
Fuel Door.
FIX THE DAMN WINDSHIELD CONTROL ARM!

And if they do continue to offer a lot of optional items, then you should have the opportunity to order your Spyder from the factory. Suppose you want Triaxis bars or chrome doodads, you have to buy the factory build, and then buy the modifications. It's got to be cheaper to mount the doodads once in the factory during the initial assembly.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong. I'm sure someone here will let me know about it.

WellsboroSpyder
06-09-2015, 06:08 AM
Dan, I will try it Deanna

The RTS and rt lt have a light in the front of the frunk. With the key on open the frunk and half way down the liner is a hole with a light, liner quite often folds over and blocks it.

pegasus1300
06-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Better seat,the RT Limited seat is very uncomfortable after too short a period. I am coming off a 25 year old gold Wing with the original seat that I could ride on all day but not the Spyder seat,2 hours max.

On the Limited the CB intercom should not be a $1300 addition and it should work properly.

Other things belt dampner and rock guard should have been standard.There need to be a cancel button on the cruise ( or did I miss it?)
Very crummy turn signal cancel,a real safety hazard.

donec
06-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Height adjustable mirrors for all models
Adjustable handlebars for all models standard
Rock guard to protect belt and sprocket for all models standard
Hand brake for all models standard
glove box for all models standard
Good skid plate for all models standard
Floorboards for all models low cost option
Cruise control for all models option

Commander
06-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Better Audio System
Lower Price:roflblack:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
06-09-2015, 02:54 PM
I think it would be nice if all dash lights was in night mode all the timeday light & dark. much easier to see.

that i would love to have, so much easier to see, is there anyway to make that happen?

Spyda98
06-09-2015, 03:12 PM
- 3 mode performance selector like a Suzuki GSXR
- RSS SE6 1330 (triple) or an inline 4 engine
- USB ports (1 in the frunk & 1 on the handle bar.
- gas cap on the tank (like the F3)
- quick install/release windshield for touring and street riding
- adjustable foot pegs for taller riders

I think I'm done..............

- almost forgot the a nice stun gun seat for random people sitting on the Spyder.

daveinva
06-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Gee, go away for a while, and the asylum inmates go nuts. :D

Personally? I'm not sure I want ANY of these stock, the Spyder is expensive enough as it is. If anything, some of these should already be standard given the price BRP charges us.

That said, I know most of the folks here have owned other bikes before. Tell me now, how many bikes come stock with comfortable seats? Extra brake and forward lighting? Upgraded suspension components? Etc., etc.

The fact is, bikes, like cars, come built for the lowest common denominator, with as few features required to get the bike out the door at a price supported by the marketplace. Everything else is gravy, either as a factory option, OEM accessory, or an aftermarket farkle. The Spyder is completely average in this regard (in fact, probably a little *better* than average, IME, you get a lot of features built into even a stock Spyder-- which, again, you should given the $$$ they charge for even the base models).

Oh, and just because I have a soapbox tall enough to toss a grenade into the crowd :joke:: no one NEEDS a handbrake for the Spyder (unless, of course, they're disabled in some way), because the Spyder doesn't need a handbrake. BRP's marketing aside-- i.e. their desire to avoid making the Spyder too "motorcycle-like" for the market they appeal to-- there is no technical or performance reason a three-wheeled reverse trike needs separate front and rear brakes. On two wheels, yes, you will generally want separate brakes (although linked brakes are increasingly included in certain bike designs) for the obvious reasons, but on three wheels, the linked brakes at the foot pedal work just as fast and just as easy as a hand brake. I know veteran riders are used to reaching for the hand brake, but guess what? Those bikes had a brake *pedal*, too, so I know everyone knows how to use those just as well.

Now, if it's just a matter of personal preference, than sure, spend money to add a hand brake. I *do* think BRP should offer a hand brake as an OEM accessory for those who desire them... hey, it's your cash. :dontknow:

But it's not something I ever want stock on the Spyder because we'd just be charged more money for something unnecessary, as it's already got a brake pedal that does the same exact thing.

PaladinLV
06-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Funny, I've got a light in my frunk???

AJ

Here are my 2:
A painted dashboard

A light in the frunk

Deanna

Deanna777
06-09-2015, 07:08 PM
I think it would be nice if all dash lights was in night mode all the timeday light & dark. much easier to see.Look @ "my Album" pictures you will see my painted dashboard! Deanna

RUOUTHERE
06-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Belt tensioner or go to drive shaft
improved sway bar
adjustable front shocks
IMPROVED AUDIO system, sound quality through entertainment harness; improved access to electronic audio controls; simplify electronic controls
enhance dust, water, sand containment kicked up from the rear tire
enhance exhaust sound, the egg beater sound needs to goooooooo
bump skid
allow use of Zumo 665 (XM radio) on the RT with 660 cradle (switch to non-propritary cradle). Having a Zumo/Can-Am propritary cradle for the 660 that will not allow the use of 665 is frustrating.

These comments are focused on my '14 RT Limited design.

vondalyn
06-10-2015, 11:31 AM
I wish the rest of the controls were backlit for night driving. The cruise control switch is backlit, and so are the audio controls, but the horn, the highbeam/low beam toggle switch and the turn signal have nothing. Not that I'd be looking at them all the time, but if you see them once in awhile backlit at night, at least you have a general idea of where they are.

Bensonoid
06-19-2015, 03:58 PM
An air gauge to monitor suspension system pressure.

ElmoLucy
06-19-2015, 07:56 PM
A hand brake and a belt dampener...

:agree: TOTALLY!

Desert Spyder
06-19-2015, 08:17 PM
Hand Brake
Better headlights and easier to change. Distance and brightness are not a CanAm qualities right now. I would like to be able to see deer crossing more than 50 feet ahead. And changing the light should not have to be a half a bike tear down.

Might I add changing the tailights too.

Ben Burped
06-19-2015, 09:17 PM
for me
1. a properly engineered bike that don't need after marker suspension upgrades to make it handle great I.E. (suspension, belt tensioner or a shaft drive, road protection, wind management)
2. reliability to be able to count on it every time to run with out problems like the can-ams have

mine sits in the garage parked because I cant count on it to start and run trouble free so I ride my Goldwing 1800 now

Everyone else is thinking about the little things that can be easily added. You had the balls to state the painfully obvious. Two thumbs up!

Ben Burped
06-19-2015, 09:29 PM
Did I mention a HANDBRAKE??? Because I think it should really come with a HANDBRAKE. Who wouldn't want to have a HANDBRAKE on their machine? :roflblack::roflblack:

Are you able to use a foot brake in your car, truck, or suv ? If you don't need a handbrake in these, why do you need a handbrake on your Spyder ?

ThreeWheels
06-20-2015, 02:26 AM
Everyone else is thinking about the little things that can be easily added. You had the balls to state the painfully obvious. Two thumbs up!

If you dislike your Spyder so much, why own one ?

Somebody ELSE to put on the ignore list.

I can see why people get bent out of shape and then leave the forum.

cuznjohn
06-20-2015, 03:26 AM
i originally said a hand brake, i added one on my rt and i love it. but another idea i had is a better way to mount and remove the mirrors

Bensonoid
06-20-2015, 04:46 AM
Are you able to use a foot brake in your car, truck, or suv ? If you don't need a handbrake in these, why do you need a handbrake on your Spyder ?
I had a deer come screaming out of the woods and run into the passenger door of my pickup a while back. If something like that happened and suddenly my right leg or foot was unusable, I would love to have a handbrake. Had no problem stopping the pickup though.

auldy
06-20-2015, 05:10 AM
A Trip Computer :banghead:

spacetiger
06-20-2015, 09:19 AM
How about an analog speedo that only goes to 120.

I cruise at 70-75, which is hard to see quickly on a speedo that goes to 200. On occasion I have gone north of 90 mph to pass someone. So, like all of you, I use the digital speed indicator because it is hard to glance down quickly to see speed. This means the whole left side of the instrument cluster is a waste of space. If they cannot make a 120 analog speedo, then get rid of the 200 mph speedo and make the digital display lager and add some additional displays there.

I apologize to all of the riders that cruise at 140 to 160 for suggesting Can Am get rid of the speedo you need.

Jerry

asp125
06-20-2015, 10:45 PM
Hand brake for us motorcycle riders.

LED turn signals

Aprilia engine mapping with a corresponding nanny reduction mode

Dzus fasteners on all body panels for easier removal

sportier tire choices (read soft sticky ones, not touring tires on non-RT models)

Fox racing shocks

Sempyder
06-21-2015, 12:14 AM
Air conditioning

Sempert out,

Diamond Dave
06-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Rear tire air valve not on sprocket/pully side

ThreeWheels
06-21-2015, 01:12 AM
One other thing I forgot.
The hex head oil drain plugs should be standard.

Scoot2Mtns
06-21-2015, 04:44 AM
How about an analog speedo that only goes to 120.

I cruise at 70-75, which is hard to see quickly on a speedo that goes to 200. On occasion I have gone north of 90 mph to pass someone. So, like all of you, I use the digital speed indicator because it is hard to glance down quickly to see speed. This means the whole left side of the instrument cluster is a waste of space. If they cannot make a 120 analog speedo, then get rid of the 200 mph speedo and make the digital display lager and add some additional displays there.

I apologize to all of the riders that cruise at 140 to 160 for suggesting Can Am get rid of the speedo you need.

Jerry

200 kph = 120 mph. Just switch to kilometers like the rest of the world and the speedo will display "correctly". Or look at the digital dash.

Flamewinger
06-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Self canceling turn signals that cancel when changing lanes. (Not just when turning)

Better turn signal and instrument panel display. So we can see in the day time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spacetiger
06-21-2015, 02:01 PM
Forgot this one, method to disable the wait time when you insert the key and turn it on... only to wait the 15 sec or so before you can start the bike.

The Zombies can get you before you can quickly get away every time.

johnwinslow
06-22-2015, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=Cruzr Joe;982146]NOTHING .............................. I want to do my own Farkling, i don't want to look like every one else.

HEY, BRP, ignore this entire thread.

Cruzr Joe well I'll be, cruszr joe does not want something :joke:

johnwinslow
06-22-2015, 05:24 PM
I like the idea of having a multifunction light on the rear of the front fenders red when you brake, and amber when signaling a turn, steady on while riding at night

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
06-23-2015, 07:24 AM
adaptive cruise control like i have in my car
heated & cooled seats
push button keypad start with ikey
adjustable motion sensor alarm

Bob Denman
06-23-2015, 07:48 AM
adaptive cruise control like i have in my car
heated & cooled seats
push button keypad start with ikey
adjustable motion sensor alarm

You never considered buying a Lexus? :dontknow:

retread
06-23-2015, 08:21 AM
Shaft drive.
A digital instrument panel that any section can be read EASILY!
Body redesigned so things can be gotten to EASILY!
Choice of several seats, with low or no extra cost involved.
Adjustable bars standard.
There's more, but that's a start.

john

beemerguy
08-05-2015, 12:46 PM
As 40 year BMW rider the very first thing I missed on my used 2012 RTS when starting out was a front break!!!!!http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.png I don't understand why this was never considered during Spyder development. probably OK for the first time mc rider but when you have a long history of using a front breaks on a motorcycle and suddenly not having one was very interesting for me during my first miles.

Pampurrs
08-05-2015, 12:55 PM
A 7th gear for cruising on the highway so it doesn't turn at 4,000 RPM +

Turn signal lights on the dash that you can actually see in the daytime.

Heated seat option for the stock seat (for those of us who don't need or want the comfort seat)

I would add about the sway bar, but I like BajaRon too much and enjoy doing business with him :yes:

Pam

Rogue Hawk
08-05-2015, 01:52 PM
A comfortable seat for the base F3. Also, to admit what they call 'red' is really orange.

ARCTIC
08-05-2015, 03:14 PM

My ankle is fixed at a 90°angle. The spyder is very accommodating for handicapped people with the exception of the handbrake. Why not accept that role in the marketplace and put a handbrake on it?

rosebelle
08-18-2016, 12:00 AM
My ankle is fixed at a 90°angle. The spyder is very accommodating for handicapped people with the exception of the handbrake. Why not accept that role in the marketplace and put a handbrake on it?

Just read this thread, a year or more on, don't know if this thread should remain active. Should be useful for consumers to realize what "hardened" biker or trikers perspective might be.

I'll go for the handbrake as important to a large part of the Spyder demographic.

As a two wheel bike owner, handlebars always mean there is a hand lever brake. Many have been utterly conditioned to it being there and arguably brake response time is shortened (quicker to move two fingers than a heavier whole lower leg and foot).

There are other aspects that no one has mentioned.
1. when hard braking one resorts to the primitive instinct, our hands respond quicker and with greater motor skill or controllable reflex (the hands are also closer to the brain or spinal cord).
2. a motorcyclist uses the hand brake to a greater degree than the foot. The primary response is go for the hand lever then the foot brake. So there needs to be a reversal of this sequence reflex, and
3. a motorcyclist has learned to wrestle with handlebars, hands on the brake under heavy braking. There is a disconnect if one cannot control the "machine" via the handlebars, when these learned subconscious instincts kick in in an emergency.

Yes this often means a lot of unlearning, it is not as simple for some to just use the footbrake even though they have years and megamiles doing so in a car or truck. I suggest it is that we have a handlebar in front of us that confuses our motorcycle brain, and perhaps we would respond differently if the Spyder came with a steering wheel (god forbid!).

I also forgot to mention two other things:
1. Can Am markets this to a large demographic where a car licence is all that is required, and
2. A handbrake is very useful when stationary, mounting or dismounting. One can get to the bars from either side or even from the front. Get to the foot pedal when your Spyder begins to roll is a feat in gymnastics! There will be an awkward moment when dismounting necessitating release of the foot when the parkbrake has not been engaged properly (or indeed disengaged again inadvertently - ref GS/RS)!

rosebelle
08-18-2016, 12:14 AM

Just read this thread, a year or more on, don't know if this thread should remain active. Should be useful for consumers to realize what "hardened" biker or trikers perspective might be.

I'll go for the handbrake as important to a large part of the Spyder demographic.

As a two wheel bike owner, handlebars always mean there is a hand lever brake. Many have been utterly conditioned to it being there and arguably brake response time is shortened (quicker to move two fingers than a heavier whole lower leg and foot).

There are other aspects that no one has mentioned.
1. when hard braking one resorts to the primitive instinct, our hands respond quicker and with greater motor skill or controllable reflex (the hands are also closer to the brain or spinal cord).
2. a motorcyclist uses the hand brake to a greater degree than the foot. The primary response is go for the hand lever then the foot brake. So there needs to be a reversal of this sequence reflex, and
3. a motorcyclist has learned to wrestle with handlebars, hands on the brake under heavy braking. There is a disconnect if one cannot control the "machine" via the handlebars, when these learned subconscious instincts kick in in an emergency.

Yes this often means a lot of unlearning, it is not as simple for some to just use the footbrake even though they have years and megamiles doing so in a car or truck. I suggest it is that we have a handlebar in front of us that confuses our motorcycle brain, and perhaps we would respond differently if the Spyder came with a steering wheel (god forbid!).

MercerLake
08-18-2016, 02:07 AM

I will start

2. Battery gauge

My $.02 (1). Real wide angle mirrors to eliminate the HUGE BLIND spot alongside slightly to the rear right and left. Even large trucks disappear in the "Black Hole".
(2). Serviceable headlights that can be replaced without disassembly of the instrument cluster.
(3). Larger dash!
(4). Real tires rated for the anticipated loads.
(5). A real belt guard, BMW does it on their belt drive models almost fully enclosed!
(6). Eliminate the DESS, how many SPYDERs really get stolen without being hauled off on a truck!nojoke

cptjam
08-18-2016, 02:56 AM
Why not allow customers to order what they want? Color, transmission, sound system, bars, seat. The 2017 RTS is not available in a manual transmission! Why? Color choices? Really? I bet for a custom made bike, folks would wait, and be much happier. Fill out an order sheet, pay a deposit, in 6 weeks your new Spyder arrives, ready to go!!

juscuz
08-18-2016, 06:17 AM
A lot of these suggestions make sense but then again it would take away some of the farkling fun not to mention hampering the vendors that we love sending our money. Just say'n:sour:

Bob Denman
08-18-2016, 07:31 AM
Since this thread has been pulled from the vaults: How much are you going to be willing to actually pay for all of the stuff that's on your personal wish-lists? :dontknow:

juscuz
08-18-2016, 08:13 AM
Reminds me of the phrase. "PAY ME NOW OR PAY ME LATER";)

gkamer
08-18-2016, 07:19 PM
a back up camera integrated

Why would you need a backup camera? Can't you just turn your head a little and look behind you?;)