PDA

View Full Version : new spyder---question on covers

scott
12-12-2008, 02:47 PM
I just picked up my new Spyder...and want to get an outdoor cover for it
(for a while it will be living under a carport in So Calif) ..amd recommendations ?...(ps-- this site has been a great reference while getting started ) :2excited:

retread
12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
:congrats:welcome:2thumbs::2thumbs: There are a lot of choices for covers, BRP has one, Industries7 has one, some owners have found good ones on Ebay. Look around, there are threads here that will help. Have fun, ryde safe.

john

docdoru
12-12-2008, 03:21 PM
:congrats: for your :spyder: :2thumbs:

babyanlee
12-12-2008, 03:36 PM
:congrats: on your new:spyder:welcome

Director
12-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I just picked up my new Spyder...and want to get an outdoor cover for it
(for a while it will be living under a carport in So Calif) ..amd recommendations ?...(ps-- this site has been a great reference while getting started ) :2excited:
Hi Scott. I bought the Industries 7 outdoor cover and it is fine, but if I had to do it over again, I think I would purchase a Nelson-Rigg trike cover. I bought the indoor version and it fits perfectly (just put the wide end on the front instead of the back) and the outdoor version looks like it would work just as well. It is cheaper than the ones designed for the Spyder. Check it out here:

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Bike%20Covers%20Products/TRK-350-Big.htm

Cheers,

Bruce

Blackwidow74
12-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I have the BRP cover and my bike still gets wet like I never covered it and the part where you fold it back up for storage and its like a little bag, it tore up already, talk about cheap. so I would try the Nelson Rigg one that is suggested on here. Atleast it cheaper, and might be better. :chat:

Roaddog2
12-12-2008, 07:16 PM
welcome :thumbup:

Roaddog2
12-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi Scott. I bought the Industries 7 outdoor cover and it is fine, but if I had to do it over again, I think I would purchase a Nelson-Rigg trike cover. I bought the indoor version and it fits perfectly (just put the wide end on the front instead of the back) and the outdoor version looks like it would work just as well. It is cheaper than the ones designed for the Spyder. Check it out here:

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Bike%20Covers%20Products/TRK-350-Big.htm

Cheers,

Bruce:2thumbs::2thumbs: that looks like a winner.But I have had several outdoor covers in the last 30+ years and never had one completley water tight they say they have to breath to also let moisture out hence the vents and that were the little :cus: droplets come in but they are great for sun and dust hail out of nowere morning dew and stuff like that :2thumbs:

NancysToy
12-12-2008, 09:35 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs: that looks like a winner.But I have had several outdoor covers in the last 30+ years and never had one completley water tight they say they have to breath to also let moisture out hence the vents and that were the little :cus: droplets come in but they are great for sun and dust hail out of nowere morning dew and stuff like that :2thumbs:
:agree: Most of the water under a cover is condensation. Some also splashes up from below. Our Spyder cover is certainly waterproof, and will hold a substantial puddle, but as the air cools water will condense underneath. Same with my other bike covers, although some of them are getting to be a little porous, too, so they leak to boot. Under a carport you should do better.
-Scotty

IMRU3
12-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Isn't it exciting to have a new toy, and a very cool toy to say the least. Congratulations! Enjoy and be safe.

8LEGS
12-13-2008, 12:53 AM
welcome congratulation on your new :spyder:

igor
12-13-2008, 01:38 PM
I have a brp outdoor cover. I recommend that u lift your seat before cover....if seat is down you will have a little lake on your seat....and welcome