PDA

View Full Version : Satellite radio

J48cruiser
05-25-2015, 12:12 AM
I am thinking about buying a Rt spider and would like to add a gps and a satellite radio Like I have on my GL 1800 dose anyone have a suggestion on how to do this, if can be done. This my first post any information will be appreciated
Thank You

trikermutha
05-25-2015, 06:19 AM
If you buy the RT Limited it comes with a GPS..

pickelhead
05-25-2015, 06:20 AM
I have both on my RT. You'll need to have the entertainment harness.

Bob Denman
05-25-2015, 06:44 AM
:welcome:
The RT Limited does come with a GPS installed... one down, and one to go! :D
Satellite radio...
Two choices: BRP, or the cheap method.
(I chose CHEAP! :roflblack:)
If you buy a 12 volt XM receiver (I got the XM Onyx), you can make a spot for it in the top trunk; next to the plug that'll hook you into the "infotainment Center".
You'll just need to have the patch cord that allows you to tie in an MP-3 payer; NOT an I-pod.
Mount the antenna in the top of the trunk, plug in the power system, and output from the XM receiver, and you're in business! :thumbup:

Deer Slayer
05-25-2015, 10:43 AM
I just installed satellite radio on my 14 RS-S, its in the fronk and I used the water proof? Audio from big bike parts. I had to filter the noise out of the 13.8 socket line with a home made noise filter. I used a bridge rectifier with a filter cap in a large pill bottle. The antenna is stuck on the clutch reservoir plate. I also use a cb hand held from the fronk with my left over Goldwing head set when riding with radio people.:cheers:

Deanna777
05-25-2015, 11:33 AM
I have a 2014RTS-SE 6 and I have a Sirus X-m in my car. Sometime in the future I would like to have the Sirus x-m on my spyder. Any thoughts or suggestions Deanna

flaggerphil
05-25-2015, 10:40 PM
I had both but on by the dealer when I bought my 2011 RT.

Tracey@Leader
05-26-2015, 03:43 PM
I am thinking about buying a Rt spider and would like to add a gps and a satellite radio Like I have on my GL 1800 dose anyone have a suggestion on how to do this, if can be done. This my first post any information will be appreciated
Thank You

Hi,

Take a look at this link. http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/spyder-center-mounts/?sort=alphaasc - All kinds of mounts specifically designed for a Spyder. Mounts for phones, GPS and Satellite.