PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Locked Will not release Help!

AH-NO-1
05-24-2015, 09:10 AM
The switch does not open my front trunk/frunk. How do I get it open

murphybrown
05-24-2015, 09:14 AM

First check to see if you 'overloaded' ... if so push down on lid in latch area as you turn key to release.

If just the toggle switch not opening....go to key release. If that works. Go see your dealer...probably switch having issue.

I have experienced both...matter of fact toggle switch motor in the mail as I type!! Good luck and let us know what happens. :bowdown:

Chupaca
05-24-2015, 09:23 AM
:agree: you have that option of opening the frunk with the key. Overfilled compartment, gasket out of place, sensor switch are causes. Pressing down at the latch takes the pressure off the latch allowing it to open. Hope thats all it is...:gaah:

finless
05-24-2015, 09:29 AM
Per your other post.

Try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph43Jirr3Eo

and if not, try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPUE_LRTeTE

Bob

Cruzr Joe
05-24-2015, 12:32 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: (Waiting to see if that worked for him)

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
05-24-2015, 03:13 PM
:D Me too! :bbq::bbq::bbq:
You can wait with popcorn, if you like; I'm still proving to anorexia, that I'm the boss!! :thumbup:

finless
05-25-2015, 08:57 AM
Chances are we will never hear back as usual :(

Bob

Dan McNally
05-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Chances are we will never hear back as usual :(

Bob

:banghead:

JayBros
05-25-2015, 10:17 AM
FWIW, I have a Hopnel front storage bag, http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=HCFL&GroupGuid=78, and found on my trip to Spyderfest that some of my "stuff" in the soft sided bag shifted or settled. When I lifted the bag out of the frunk it caught on the gasket and pulled part of it off the lip. Having watched finless Bob's video months ago I caught it immediately, reset the disrupted section and frunk lid operation was per normal. A word to the wise... Thanks, Bob.

AH-NO-1
06-15-2015, 05:54 PM

Went to the dealer for heat recall and they are going to replace the switch under warranty. Thanks for all of your suggestions . Dave

AH-NO-1
06-19-2015, 07:05 PM
First check to see if you 'overloaded' ... if so push down on lid in latch area as you turn key to release.

If just the toggle switch not opening....go to key release. If that works. Go see your dealer...probably switch having issue.

I have experienced both...matter of fact toggle switch motor in the mail as I type!! Good luck and let us know what happens. :bowdown:

Switch bad Dealer replaced under warranty-Dave

AH-NO-1
06-19-2015, 07:09 PM
:agree: you have that option of opening the frunk with the key. Overfilled compartment, gasket out of place, sensor switch are causes. Pressing down at the latch takes the pressure off the latch allowing it to open. Hope thats all it is...:gaah:
Key would open it, Electric switch bad, dealer replaced under the warranty-Thanks Dave

AH-NO-1
06-19-2015, 07:12 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: (Waiting to see if that worked for him)

Cruzr Joe Key would open the trunk, dealer checked the switch was bad and the replaced under the warranty

AH-NO-1
06-19-2015, 07:15 PM
:D Me too! :bbq::bbq::bbq:
You can wait with popcorn, if you like; I'm still proving to anorexia, that I'm the boss!! :thumbup:
The key would open the trunk, electric switch would not, dealer replaced it under warranty problem resolved.

PCBeachBum
06-25-2015, 12:17 AM
I've had this problem a few times after re-installing the lid after repainting. I just had to move the lid to the left and I was able to turn the key. Now? It won't open and need a third hand and when I get it open, I'll check the rubber seal like suggested. This has happened with the seat to get to the gas cap and I pushed down on the seat to open it. I often lubricate the locks and spray some on the cable ends, so they don't become corroded in this salt air.

The only things in there is my papers, helmet, gloves and goggles. We were able to fit a good size turkey with trimming in there for turkey day a few years back and had no problem closing or opening it.

I'm also going to install another cable for emergencies to come out by the oil tank, just in case this happens again. I remember seeing posts of others that did that on the early 2008, '09 GS/RS models.

Bob Denman
06-25-2015, 07:23 AM
The key would open the trunk, electric switch would not, dealer replaced it under warranty problem resolved.

:congrats: :2thumbs: