PDA

View Full Version : The "Good Morning" thread

Mazo EMS2
05-23-2015, 08:03 AM
So, on another forum I frequent, there is a "morning coffee" thread. Pretty simple, you post
where you're from
the current weather
the expected weather
and, most important, where you're gonna ride to today...:yes:

Here we go....
Mazomanie, WI. It's 50* right now, heading for 74. I think we'll ride to the Potosi Brewery for a big sloppy burger and a fresh brew of sorts.

PrairieSpyder
05-23-2015, 08:47 AM
I'm still on my first cup of coffee. I'm in central Kansas and it's going to be rainy all weekend, so I won't be ryding much here. But I'm working on my Alaska plans.

Chupaca
05-23-2015, 09:32 AM
First cup and only one, 55* will be in the 70's and up here where we are 80's. Rain is done and family coming so may sneak out for 100 mile run in the hills to relax before cooking for this strange collection of dietary specific yahoos...:roflblack::roflblack: I will take a moment to remember those that made this day possible....ya'll have a great day....:thumbup:

Purple Guy
05-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Beautiful weekend ahead here in Edmonton, both days 26 C / 79 F
I've got some yard work to do & a oil change on my car so I may get out for a scoot today but nothing major.
Tomorrow I'm leading a 250 km / 155 mi ride with our local club ending up at Martin Motor Sports for their Demo Days & BBQ.
Might even take a F3 for a RIP! :yes:

cyclekid58
05-23-2015, 09:58 AM
Beautiful weekend ahead here in Edmonton, both days 26 C / 79 F
I've got some yard work to do & a oil change on my car so I may get out for a scoot today but nothing major.
Tomorrow I'm leading a 250 km / 155 mi ride with our local club ending up at Martin Motor Sports for their Demo Days & BBQ.
Might even take a F3 for a RIP! :yes:

2nd cup of coffee under way, 65 degrees heading up to 78, riding to spokane later for the Can Am demo tour to ride the new F-3, should be an interesting day!

Dan McNally
05-23-2015, 10:02 AM
First cup of coffee is finished (hours ago) and it is 62, headed for 73, today. I have house guests, my brother and sister, so am not ryding, today. Instead, I'm moving topsoil into a new raised bed . . . I'm way behind the gardening power curve because of the three week trip out west and back on my Spyder, and a trip to Virginia Beach, last week, with my family.

Life is good!

Highwayman2013
05-23-2015, 10:06 AM
On my second cup here. 60F going up to 79 going shopping today so no riding. Sunday or Monday want to get to Death Valley before the heat kicks in here. North Las Vegas NV.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107976&stc=1

Cruzr Joe
05-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Quit waking me up so damned early ...................... :mad::mad::mad: ...................... have not had my coffee yet.

(headed for a snickers bar)

Cruzr Joe

Mcubed45
05-23-2015, 10:43 AM
I'm sipping an ice cold diet coke. Going to be sunny and in the upper 80's today. I just might take the long route to the grocery store when I run that errand later this morning.:doorag:

Deanna777
05-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Switched on my Keurig brewer, had my 1st cup of coffee 2 hours ago, on my 3rd cup now, 41 degrees, cool/ breezy, sunny headed to 50's. Early this morning people had frost on there lawns.

Got some yard work to do( mow lawn) seeing family later this afternoon.

Tomorrow, riding spyder.

Next week summer will be here, temps in the 80's WOHOO! Deanna

Gator37
05-23-2015, 11:33 AM
First Cup of Tea, 65º but will be in the low 80ºs this afternoon. Looks like nice weekend after we were predicted to have rain. Probably a short ride to a local Rodeo Parade.

Exditchdigger
05-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Guntersville Alabama 80 above and clear, After 42 years in Alaska It's perfect . Just bought a 2013 rt limited, going out to enjoy it

Bfromla
05-23-2015, 11:57 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107977&stc=1 Im up @least temp in 80's slight chance of MORE rain all wk river already cresting gonna visit & pay respect to few cemetarys round town for memorial wkendhttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107978&stc=1

donkes
05-23-2015, 11:59 AM
weather great, sunny and 70+ Am in So VA and plan to go for at least 1 or 2 hours as soon as I can tear myself away from these riveting pieces of info. Have a great ride everyone.

donkes
05-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Pass the sugar pls. :bowdown:

Highwayman2013
05-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Guntersville Alabama 80 above and clear, After 42 years in Alaska It's perfect . Just bought a 2013 rt limited, going out to enjoy it

Welcome!

PrairieSpyder
05-23-2015, 12:36 PM

:welcome: :nopic:

robmorg
05-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Great weather this Holiday weekend near Valley Forge, PA. Going to get into the 80's.

Sunday I'll be joining seven other Spyder Riders (from the new Susquehanna Valley Spyder Ryders Club (http://www.meetup.com/Susquehanna-Valley-Spyder-Spiders-Meet-UP/)) for a ride down to Harve de Grace, Maryland, at the top of the Chesapeake Bay. We'll be having lunch at Tidewater Grille on the Chesapeake. :thumbup:

Hope everyone is enjoying their Spyder on this Memorial Day Weekend!

ARtraveler
05-23-2015, 01:15 PM
So, on another forum I frequent, there is a "morning coffee" thread. Pretty simple, you post
where you're from
the current weather
the expected weather
and, most important, where you're gonna ride to today...:yes:

Here we go....
Mazomanie, WI. It's 50* right now, heading for 74. I think we'll ride to the Potosi Brewery for a big sloppy burger and a fresh brew of sorts.

Good idea. Mazomanie--I know exactly where that is. Used to live in Madison back in the 70's.

ARtraveler
05-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Just starting my second and final cup.

Weather today 65 degrees (ABOVE :roflblack:). Clouds and chances of showers later today. All the rain patterns are 20 miles south (love that Doppler), so we will be riding North.

Yesterday (have to mention it), we encountered 79 degrees. Sort of like a heat wave here. Went for an evening ride (9:00 at night--sun shining bright--now 18 plus hours of daylight and growing until June 21st), and encountered 74 degrees. So far--the best riding day of the year.

I may suggest a Midnight Sun Ride when the North to Alaska Riders are here. Wadda you folks say about that?

cuznjohn
05-23-2015, 01:23 PM
63 * here and was working on the bike and having a nervous breakdown trying to get the battery to sit right back where it belongs. it didn't work

ARtraveler
05-23-2015, 01:25 PM
63 * here and was working on the bike and having a nervous breakdown trying to get the battery to sit right back where it belongs. it didn't work

Hang in there my friend. :yes::yes:

Bob Denman
05-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Six cups down... :shocked:
It's a beautiful day here in the Catskill Mountains. The temperatures should be in the low-sixties...
We had some visitors roll in earlier today: Spydaman60, and his Bride stopped by while on their way up North.
We are deep in the midst of putting a swimming pool in our back yard today. ;)
We have NO experience with them, and this has been an "interesting" day so far...
The Beast is 18' across, and might end up to be 4' deep. (If we can get enough water in it...)
With about a 5500 gallon capacity; we never planned on drawing the water through our well pump! :yikes:
Instead, we threw a hose in the creek behind the house, and are planning on sucking the water out of there.
Getting the 340 GPH pump primed, with 120' of hose hooked to it... has been "fun"... :gaah:, but it's finally spitting some water into the pool. We figure that if the specs on the pump are right; it'll take 18 hours to fill this thing...
But the way my luck goes with stuff like this; it's gonna take at least 12,467 days! :banghead:

ARtraveler
05-23-2015, 01:48 PM
It's a beautiful day here in the Catskill Mountains. The temperatures should be in the low-sixties...
We had some visitors roll in earlier today: Spydaman60, and his Bride stopped by while on their way up North.
We have NO experience with them, and this has been an "interesting" day so far...
The Beast is 18' across, and might end up to be 4' deep. (If we can get enough water in it...)
With about a 5500 gallon capacity; we never planned on drawing the water through our well pump! :yikes:
Instead, we threw a hose in the creek behind the house, and are planning on sucking the water out of there.
Getting the 340 GPH pump primed, with 120' of hose hooked to it... has been "fun"... :gaah:, but it's finally spitting some water into the pool. We figure that if the specs on the pump are right; it'll take 18 hours to fill this thing...
But the way my luck goes with stuff like this; it's gonna take at least 12,467 days! :banghead:

Enjoy the pool. Had one like that in Ft. Wayne, IN. Memorial Day was always "pool opener" day. Make sure your ground pad is level or you will have different depths in your pool. :yes:

Deanna777
05-23-2015, 02:29 PM
Guntersville Alabama 80 above and clear, After 42 years in Alaska It's perfect . Just bought a 2013 rt limited, going out to enjoy it:welcome: Deanna

Ex Winger
05-23-2015, 02:46 PM
To busy to ride today.But meeting friends for breakfast and just go where ever the road takes us.Calling for clear Skies and sunny.

Bill

Orange Spyder Man
05-23-2015, 02:48 PM
I don't drink coffee... but I did have a glass of pomegranate juice along with a granola bar for breakfast ... won't go riding today.. but tomorrow we plan to take a ride for fried catfish & hush puppy's for lunch ... :D

osm

missouriboy
05-24-2015, 04:45 AM
But the way my luck goes with stuff like this; it's gonna take at least 12,467 days! :banghead:Good Luck with the creek water. Friend-o-mine in the Missouri Ozarks tried that from his rock-lined, clear-looking creek but no amount of chlorine would ever get the black out of that water. He ended up having to pump it all out, then re-fill it from his well anyway.

kngfsh27
05-24-2015, 04:57 AM
Lee's Summit, MO. Temperature in the low 60s. Got up at 4:10 to let one of the dogs out and to make coffee. Having my first cup. Raining here a bunch. Getting together with friends to watch the Royals, then NASCAR later. 3000 mile service on Wednesday.:yes:

Bob Denman
05-24-2015, 07:10 AM
Good Luck with the creek water. Friend-o-mine in the Missouri Ozarks tried that from his rock-lined, clear-looking creek but no amount of chlorine would ever get the black out of that water. He ended up having to pump it all out, then re-fill it from his well anyway.

The water is looking surprisingly good... :2thumbs:
I pumped for eight hours yesterday, and fired things back up at 7:15 thus morning. I capped the hose running into the pool last night; I didn't know if it would lose it's prime if I didn't.
(Or worse: siphon all of the water back out of the pool, and back into the creek! :yikes:)
So the pump did hold it's prime!
Today is open for a ride now... We're just trying to figure out which direction to take! :dontknow:

And tonight: The Coca Cola 600 awaits... :D

Mazo EMS2
05-24-2015, 09:28 AM
Rainy, dreary 55* here in south central Wi. today, headed for upper 70's. We need the rain though, and we got a nice 200 smile ride in yesterday. Ride safe this wknd everyone. Happy Memorial Day!!

garb55
05-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Lee's Summit, MO. Temperature in the low 60s. Got up at 4:10 to let one of the dogs out and to make coffee. Having my first cup. Raining here a bunch. Getting together with friends to watch the Royals, then NASCAR later. 3000 mile service on Wednesday.:yes:

4:10 to let the dogs out :yikes:
No way
At that time I am sound asleep and the dogs let themselves out:clap:
Now if only they could make my coffee and breakfast in bed at 8:00 :roflblack:
going to take a ride to Reno today with dogs :yes:

Mcubed45
05-24-2015, 10:34 AM
Watched the Grand Prix of Monaco. I'll watch the Indy 500 then go for a "quick" ride.

satownsendsr
05-24-2015, 08:03 PM
Just ran across this post, so I'm a little late. Clear Blue skies with Temps in the upper 70's to around 80 in Mooresville, NC. Didn't get to ride the bike yesterday or today. It is still in the shop getting the gasoline tank replaced. Finished my second cup of coffee about 12 hours ago. The wife and I did get to take the boat out on Lake Norman yesterday. Haven't done much of anything today. I hope to have the Spyder back in its garage early this week as good as new. Got places to go, people to see. 😀😀😀😀

YPILOT
05-25-2015, 05:57 AM
Good Monday morning, it's a nice 55 at 6:53 here in East Tn. Temps going to 85 today. Hope you all have a good day of remembrance for those who served us. We'll ride around these mountain roads today not too far from home. Back to the Grind tomorrow!

PrairieSpyder
05-25-2015, 07:20 AM
I'm up earlier than usual and having my first cup of coffee. I see some blue in the sky for the first time in days. I may take a spin today after I get more woke up.

scottnkansas
05-25-2015, 07:24 AM
North east Kansas here. Coffee is good and weather is bad. Rain, rain, and some more rain. So I'll just keep on sipping and let all you folks in dry areas have all the fun.

Scott

Bob Denman
05-25-2015, 07:27 AM
After the Flag Exchange Ceremony at the Cemetery; we're planning on taking a short spin today... :thumbup:
(We fly the Flags from our veterans that have been interred at our Cemetery. We exchange the Flags on Memorial Day, and Veteran's Day.)

AZ Y Factor
05-25-2015, 07:44 AM
It's 55 heading up to 85 degrees today just southeast of Tucson. Heading to coffee pot now. Told hubby he could take the Spyder this morning to a meeting. :yes: You would thought it was Christmas around here. He was up at crack of dawn.

Brian Kay
05-25-2015, 08:14 AM
... Yesterday after a good cup of coffee from our Keurig the wife and I set out from Atlanta for several days in Savannah GA. She on her Goldwing trike and me on the RT-S. The weather was perfect for riding at 70-degrees and cloudy, although the sun did manage to pop out and heat things up after our breakfast/lunch break in Macon. We made the 300-mile trip, one of the first ones since I bought the spyder in July of 2014. Many more trips to come, for sure... Have to learn to walk before we run lol. I did experience a very sore, tired, achy butt during the ride, but I think that is related to my lower back issues... I kept having to move and adjust my position to make things tolerable. I do have an air hawk seat pad, but it didn't seem to matter... I may have to look into a Russell seat?

Mcubed45
05-25-2015, 08:51 AM
I think it's a good day to give the beast a bath. I'm going to hang around the house and make nice with my wife.

ARtraveler
05-25-2015, 02:42 PM
Today--59 degrees for a high. Mostly cloudy, and a chance of showers.

We took yesterday off after 350 miles on th, fr, and sat. Needed to rest our weary bones. Watched Indy and NASCAR.

Our final tally for the weekend was 430 miles.

Mazo EMS2
05-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Finally getting a chance to lurk a bit on S.L. After some much needed rain all day yesterday, last night, and this morning, the skies cleared enough for some yard work. No riding today. A great end to the wknd....Back to reality in the morning.