PDA

View Full Version : parking brake

rays hell
05-22-2015, 06:51 PM
I am on the road and my park brake failed. Fortunately my dealer
was still open and we determined it was not a fuse. Same as
instruments. But I had to disconnect the cable.

Any experience, thoughts, or coments ?

kyspyder
05-22-2015, 07:24 PM
What was the failure?
Did it fail to set?
did it fail to release?
Almost surely the switch.

timeless
05-23-2015, 07:19 PM

I have been in Florida for the past 2 years and only have the Spyder to ride. We have had a lot of rain & cold weather during the winter months.

Last week I made it back home to Michigan, parked the machine in the garage. Two days later I attempted to move the bike out into the drive but the parking brake would not release at all.

I found the cable & the pully were functioning as designed, however the rear pulley that actuates the brake caliper was frozen in the "ON" position. Once I released that the brake worked intermittently. A little lube solved the problem for me.

Cruzr Joe
05-23-2015, 08:32 PM

Carry a short piece of 2X4 About 6 inches long. don't know what year you have but a few of the 2014s experienced parking brake failure and had to be replaced.

If you put the year and model of your Spyder in your signature line we will know what you have when you ask a question

Cruzr Joe

Bfromla
05-24-2015, 02:17 AM
Only times ive had on my 13 i was parked on incline once in either direction, months apart & my fluid was a splash low, less than thimble, but combine with the angle & me getting on made sensor freak out. Fyi get level & check fluids hope ez fix for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwulf74
05-24-2015, 08:43 AM
Did it fail to go on when you hit the button? When my wife's battery was dieing, the parking brake would fail to set. Once was charged it up, then now problem. That was a temp fix of course. We put a new battery in and no problem since. If the cables and everything else is ok, and your battery is getting old or weak or not getting charged due to short trips, the battery could be one possibility.