PDA

View Full Version : 2012 RT S SE5 for $8200??

gman214
05-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Found this today on our local craigslist. So I'm curious and emailed the alledged seller.
http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/mcd/5035510269.html

Bob Denman
05-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Tell them, that you have cash in hand, and want the bike.
Where can you come pay for it, and pick it up.
Chance are; the bike isn't wherever they are...:shocked:

...And they'll want you to wire the money to an offshore account. :banghead:

ARtraveler
05-21-2015, 01:58 PM
A little to good to be true. A 2012 should go for $14 to $16K ballpark.

Let us know what you find out.

finless
05-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Typical scam post. There was one in my area not long ago just like this. They take older for sale ads and report them. Turned out we all knew the person from the original ad so we knew it was a scam!

The key thing to note here is there IS NOT CONTACT INFO! You can only click the reply button.

This says it's under dealers so trust me a dealer would give more contact info....

Bob

pegasus1300
05-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Photos were taken last fall. Looks like a scam which is too bad because I am looking for a 2012 RTL SE5 at a good price.

Chupaca
05-21-2015, 05:00 PM
To bad there are those that feel the need to do these kinda things. Sadly they do snag a few so it makes it worthwhile...like the guys from Nigeria with the billions of dollars left to you or need help transferring etc...:banghead::banghead:

Cruzr Joe
05-21-2015, 05:07 PM
To bad there are those that feel the need to do these kinda things. Sadly they do snag a few so it makes it worthwhile...like the guys from Nigeria with the billions of dollars left to you or need help transferring etc...:banghead::banghead:

You mean my Uncle that left me all that money from Nigeria is not real :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Cruzr Joe

BikerDoc
05-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Has there ever been a legitimate sale offer of a Spyder on Craigslist? It sure seems like everyone posted here is a scam - an obvious scam

Bob Denman
05-21-2015, 06:25 PM
You mean my Uncle that left me all that money from Nigeria is not real :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Cruzr Joe
Joe,
He's your Uncle also??? I guess that means that we're related!! :yes::ohyea::yes:

:shocked: My condolences... :shocked:

wiredgeorge
05-21-2015, 06:39 PM
A little to good to be true. A 2012 should go for $14 to $16K ballpark.

Let us know what you find out.

Slight disagreement on the price; at a DEALER $16-18K, from a private source, not much less. Trust me,
I have just been through the looking game. Local dealers are getting $15K for a 2010 RT-S.

wiredgeorge
05-21-2015, 06:42 PM
The way most CL scams work is when you ask to see the Spyder, the vehicle will be unavailable as the owner is in Outer Mongolia and won't be around for awhile OR the bike is in Sweden where the owner just found out he couldn't register it for some legal reason. You pay and they deliver.
If the owner allows you to come by and look and drive home after cash or bank check passes hands, it will be a great deal.

ARtraveler
05-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Slight disagreement on the price; at a DEALER $16-18K, from a private source, not much less. Trust me,
I have just been through the looking game. Local dealers are getting $15K for a 2010 RT-S.

We do disagree on ballpark price--but that is okay.

The point I was making is that $8200 is way to low compared to market--making the asking price appear to be to good to be true.

Chupaca
05-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Joe,
He's your Uncle also??? I guess that means that we're related!! :yes::ohyea::yes:

:shocked: My condolences... :shocked:

Ya'll are lucky..yours are relatives. :dontknow: mine is a lawyer who says some nice stranger left me 8,000,000 that is much more believable...:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-21-2015, 08:00 PM
YOU'RE the lucky one! :thumbup:
I can't even get a lawyer to return my calls anymore. :banghead:

Spyderminion
05-21-2015, 08:12 PM
I emailed him too. No reply. I figured he forgot the 1 before the 8.

Still dreaming.....

wiredgeorge
05-22-2015, 08:00 AM
We do disagree on ballpark price--but that is okay.

The point I was making is that $8200 is way to low compared to market--making the asking price appear to be to good to be true.

I think there must be some variation in prices depending on area of the country. I also agree that $8200 is kind of low. He should contact the guy and see if he can look at the vehicle. There was a similar too-good-to-be-true Spyder for sale in San Antonio. It wasn't an RT but was the kind that integrated side bags and was yellow. Was REALLY cheap and in the San Antonio CL. No phone but an email and I eventually got a reply telling me that the vehicle was in Sweden and owned by famous surgeon who had it here in the states, then took it to Sweden where it cost too much to register. He was willing to sell for about $8k and pay shipping back to states. I googled the surgeons name and it checked out but when I googled the VIN, it showed up at several locations across the country using the same pictures but different write ups and last, it had been on eBay with the same pics, different location and obviously a different seller.
I think a lot of the scam pictures come from eBay or Cycletrader.com.

gman214
05-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Haven't received a reply yet.

Bob Denman
05-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the update. :thumbup:
There's one very important reason, that stuff like this needs to be posted:
It helps remind us, that there's always somebody out there lurking... :shocked: nojoke

Oldmanzues
05-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Automatic not semi. Never been down ?

finless
05-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Has there ever been a legitimate sale offer of a Spyder on Craigslist? It sure seems like everyone posted here is a scam - an obvious scam

Yep, I bought mine off a guy that put it up for sale on CL.

Bob

ARtraveler
05-22-2015, 03:20 PM
Automatic not semi. Never been down ?

Little clues that the seller does not know much about the Spyder. :thumbup:

Spyderminion
05-25-2015, 05:14 PM
I am talking to the guy right now. Says it is through vehicle traders and they ship it to me for 10 days free of charge. If it inspects right, I pay thru PayPal. Is this for real or should I just change my name to sucker?!

Bob Denman
05-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Offer to come pick it up... you're worried about damage during shipping! :thumbup:
Tell them that you'll show up with cash.

Mr. White
05-25-2015, 06:00 PM
I know you gentlemen are kidding a little but in San Antonio, TX the police are offering their parking lots to folks for transfer of items for sale. There has been several "unpleasant" transactions in the city....this is their way of making these sales safer.

Oh, the price of the 2012.....I traded my 2011 RES in and the dealer sold it for $16,900 and said he was breaking even. However if you buy this bargain, My bank can loan you the money....I just bought 20% of The Sixteenth Bank of Nigeria several days ago and we are looking for business.

:spyder2:

Spyderminion
05-25-2015, 06:36 PM
I have come back to earth. I got yelled at for obsessing over spyders! We agreed to wait til September. I guess that means three months and not today dagum it!!

Mexican
05-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Yes, there has been, in fact both of the Spyders i looked at before buying the current one were on CL, i must say that they were listed locally with plenty of info and contact number