PDA

View Full Version : Calling all SPYEDR RIDERS! PART 2

HotWheels
12-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Sorry I don’t know what happened but I am not sure if I did it but it seems that my last post was closed for some reason. I don’t know if I clicked on something wrong on my last post or if it was closed on the account of something was said by someone else. But here is what I had to say on the last matter I saw.
I am not going to begin to defend myself with words of on this matter because I know my limits if it ever came down to it. But I also feel that is a shame that we have to do much as a struggle to get ourselves united as a group in fear or what others would say and do. Come on society colors? Have we really come down to this where we feel that we own a color then you gonna tell me the there is a group out there that owns the blue skies or the green grass in the park or even the yellow sun that we crave every day so that we can enjoy a decent ride on the road. It’s ridiculous I wear full yellow gear when I ride because it goes with my bike around tough neighborhoods that carry red or blue and even yellow but that’s doesn’t make me a treat to anyone I am just a rider that because of my incredible machine I ride have grown to love the color yellow. Yea I could have splurged on the money and change the color but it just wouldn’t be the same to me I got the machine for the color it was and I will ride the machine proudly more for the color it is. It just bring me back to my past as a kid when I was bulled out of many things in life because I couldn’t run or I couldn’t jump I couldn’t keep up with others physically. But am not going to be inconsiderate to others and I really want this to happened I want to have a club or a group whatever we have to call it. I want for all of us to share a time outside the pc world as a group and be proud the wear something on our backs as many do so proudly. I don’t want all of us just to hide behind the screen where we feel safe from anyone else. Let’s do what we have to do let do the research and ask around lets even ask BRP for some info. And again don’t let them win please the more we become the stronger we can be. But here is what I created just for the fun of it in MS word now remember I am no artist it was just mainly cut and paste but if we can come up with something better please let it be known. Lamonster this one is for you! :thumbup:

bjt
12-10-2008, 06:57 PM
HotWheels, most of what you want is already being done by people on SpyderLovers. Last year, my wife organized a few group rides for Spyders in the Michigan area. We've met and hung out with other members on this forum. I know that others have organized group rides in New York, Florida, Tenessee, etc. BRP hosted a very large owners event in Canada this past summer that was well attended and a few of us even went down to Gatlinburg, TN. for a "grassroots" event in lamonster's backyard. I don't think that the addition of a patch would make those rides or group events any better. And we have either CanAm or SpyderLovers shirts, jackets, hats, etc. to show our love for the Spyder. :doorag:

If your heart is really set on making an official Spyder motorcycle club, no one can stop you. I think that others on here are trying to point out some of the issues or problems that someone might encounter if they start something that could butt heads with conventional or "old school" motorcycle clubs.

HotWheels
12-10-2008, 07:00 PM
I respect that. I guess we are gonna have to get out there more and see what networks we can make so that we can do this in the right way with the right channels. :chat:

bjt
12-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Check out some of these old threads.

Brings back some great memories for me.

Gatlinburg event (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7027&highlight=gatlinburg)

lamonster's BBQ (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6826)

More Gatlinburg + videos (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7092)

Michigan U.P ride part 1 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6292)

Homecoming event video (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5389)

Lamonster
12-10-2008, 07:28 PM
I sent you a PM but I guess you didn't look at it. :dontknow:

Please don't post any artwork using the SpyderLovers logo with Rockers.

This is not a MC club. It's not even a motorcycle but like was posted before there are those who take that kind of display very seriously and doing so on this board or on your back puts this site and it's members at risk.nojoke

tatt2r
12-10-2008, 07:33 PM
:2thumbs::clap: That's the way to approach it. I didn't mean to offend you in the other thread, but I've been around the motorcycle scene since 1980, and I was only trying to explain how it works. What might seem like a non-issue to you, can be taken as disrespectful by others. And sometimes they don't play nicely. Do some research, talk to some bikers and learn all you can before you play on their field....:doorag:

Bones is right the true biker mentality I still don't understand and I deal with them often even police bike clubs must be approved by certain bike orginizations there are even some tattoos I have refused out of respect for elders of certain clubs and they have erned respect ... Kind of like putting a marine tattoo on someone that has never served for this country kind of same idea obviasly I have more respect for the veterens ... But I think you get my drift

Jeff in Dallas
12-10-2008, 08:11 PM
...I didn't mean to offend you in the other thread, but I've been around the motorcycle scene since 1980, and I was only trying to explain how it works. What might seem like a non-issue to you, can be taken as disrespectful by others. And sometimes they don't play nicely. Do some research, talk to some bikers and learn all you can before you play on their field....:doorag:

These are true words of wisdom... as difficult as it may be to understand, the fact is some take defending these "colors" very seriously.

HotWheels
12-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Ok I see what happened to the last post forgive me all and I apologies to all and any club members out there I offended. I guess you can scratch this as one as one of my mistakes a newbie to the biker world. I meant no harm. I do want to continue with the organizations and hope that we can gather up and ride together real soon if we can’t display our unity with a vest or patch at least we can do so riding on the streets with as many :spyder:'s we can gather up together.

Smylinacha
12-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah you don't wanna mess w/ the biker club stuff. They do take that stuff seriously. I think it's funny big boys fight over colors and crap like that but you know how the saying goes, boys will be boys.

:dontknow:

Glad I'm of the female persuasion :clap: Don't need to worry about all that junk!

bone crusher
12-10-2008, 09:56 PM
I guess you're right...biker groups wouldn't tend to mess with women, eh? That's probably because the women would go with that pink colored bike and that'd defray any confrontations!

Smylinacha
12-10-2008, 10:13 PM
I guess you're right...biker groups wouldn't tend to mess with women, eh? That's probably because the women would go with that pink colored bike and that'd defray any confrontations!

LOL! Actually those type of guys who belong to those type of clubs have to put those clubs before their families and why any woman would put up w/ that boggles my mind!.... Unless the woman got to stay home, didn't have to work and do nothing but sit on the couch and eat bon bons all day or go on shopping sprees and stuff like that - I could handle the couch and shopping sprees.

Roaddog2
12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Is long as your club doesn't start with MC their shouldn't be a problem.
I'm sure BRP will eventually will start something like HOG (Harley Owners Group ) wich is aloud.nojoke

Roaddog2
12-10-2008, 10:23 PM
LOL! Actually those type of guys who belong to those type of clubs have to put those clubs before their families and why any woman would put up w/ that boggles my mind!.... Unless the woman got to stay home, didn't have to work and do nothing but sit on the couch and eat bon bons all day or go on shopping sprees and stuff like that - I could handle the couch and shopping sprees.You missed your women in the wind meeting tonight it was a special day for them today :joke:

cisaacs
12-10-2008, 10:33 PM
:banghead: With the economy the way it is now and business being as slow as it is the only colors I am worried about is Green for the money I need to keep the books out of the RED.

Smylinacha
12-10-2008, 10:48 PM
You missed your women in the wind meeting tonight it was a special day for them today :joke:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those meetings LOL! Definitely on the wall, not anywhere close to them LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way out there on the wall - very far away wall that is. Maybe I just wouldn't wanna fly there in the first place.:2thumbs::joke:

sleepman
12-11-2008, 05:12 AM
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those meetings LOL! Definitely on the wall, not anywhere close to them LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way out there on the wall - very far away wall that is. Maybe I just wouldn't wanna fly there in the first place.:2thumbs::joke:

Actually one of the HD dealers my wife and I have bought from does a Ladies Night, can't remember if it's weekly or monthly. But they get'em together and even have classes such as teaching some simple matinence techniques and things like that.

BeRight
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
I'll have to pass on being a part of any MC like bikers club. Being a part of Spyderlovers online does it for me.

tatt2r
12-11-2008, 03:22 PM
:banghead: With the economy the way it is now and business being as slow as it is the only colors I am worried about is Green for the money I need to keep the books out of the RED.

i hear that ....:coffee:

cisaacs
12-11-2008, 03:27 PM
TATT2R I wish you was closer to me. My wife is driving me crazy for some art work right now.

Smylinacha
12-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Actually one of the HD dealers my wife and I have bought from does a Ladies Night, can't remember if it's weekly or monthly. But they get'em together and even have classes such as teaching some simple matinence techniques and things like that.

I know in the summer they meet on Thursdays at this icecream place. I'm lucky since HDX wrenches all the vehicles. I just ride them or on them :)

sleepman
12-11-2008, 06:17 PM
I know in the summer they meet on Thursdays at this icecream place. I'm lucky since HDX wrenches all the vehicles. I just ride them or on them :)

Pretty much the same around my house. I maintain, she rides. Let me tell ya once or twice riding her bike and not returning it with a full tank of gas and she put me in my place. :2thumbs:

Greg H.
12-11-2008, 08:13 PM
I know!!! Can someone please address the title of the thread, and fix the spelling. Come on folks! A visitor might happen onto the site, and think the members simply didn't know how to spell! :yikes: Right? We are adults here, afterall. :)

Smylinacha
12-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Hmmmm, perhaps we should incorporate a little washing and waxing....... :doorag:

Ummmm, I'd say we are even - you get to put on clean underwear every morning and you get fed every evening. House is pretty clean too. The underwear doesn't wash itself, the steaks don't jump onto the grill and cook themselves and the house doesn't clean itself! :sour:

Smylinacha
12-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Ok I see what happened to the last post forgive me all and I apologies to all and any club members out there I offended. I guess you can scratch this as one as one of my mistakes a newbie to the biker world. I meant no harm. I do want to continue with the organizations and hope that we can gather up and ride together real soon if we can’t display our unity with a vest or patch at least we can do so riding on the streets with as many :spyder:'s we can gather up together.

Anywayz, we are much more fun than any "club"! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

mc2276
12-11-2008, 08:48 PM
I know!!! Can someone please address the title of the thread, and fix the spelling. Come on folks! A visitor might happen onto the site, and think the members simply didn't know how to spell! :yikes: Right? We are adults here, afterall. :)

JUST FOR YOU!! LOL

Smylinacha
12-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh, OK, I guess we can skip the waxing........:doorag:

I sure do not mix waxing! I'll take the spray and wash of the :spyder:any day than polishing up all that chrome and trying to get the metal all shiney. So if you want your bike washed, you're just gonna get a spray and wash from me. No waxing, no chrome polishing, I'm too busy washing your underwear.

NancysToy
12-11-2008, 08:52 PM
So if you want your bike washed, you're just gonna get a spray and wash from me. No waxing, no chrome polishing, I'm too busy washing your underwear.
Yeah, and you know what your mother said about clean underwear...
-Scotty

Smylinacha
12-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah, and you know what your mother said about clean underwear...
-Scotty

Well if I ever decide to go on underwear strike, he can always turn it inside out and get an extra wearing out of it.

Roaddog2
12-12-2008, 09:01 AM
I sure do not mix waxing! I'll take the spray and wash of the :spyder:any day than polishing up all that chrome and trying to get the metal all shiney. So if you want your bike washed, you're just gonna get a spray and wash from me. No waxing, no chrome polishing, I'm too busy washing your underwear.How in the :cus: did we get to here on this thread last time I was over HDX was doing the cooking and complaining that he did not have any clean underwear :spyder::thumbup:

Smylinacha
12-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Starting to look like someone might want to research one of those DIY maintenance classes that were mentioned earlier....

Someone might have to start doing laundry and fetching food for himself ;)

Smylinacha
12-12-2008, 04:16 PM
How in the :cus: did we get to here on this thread last time I was over HDX was doing the cooking and complaining that he did not have any clean underwear :spyder::thumbup:

Hey, I cook almost everything. If he gets lucky hunting - then he has to cook it - I don't know how to cook that stuff! But I sure like to eat it - yum!

Star Cruiser
12-12-2008, 11:25 PM
I respect that. I guess we are gonna have to get out there more and see what networks we can make so that we can do this in the right way with the right channels. :chat:
I ride with a RIDING (not motorcycle) Club called Southern Cruisers. I Rode with them when I owned a V-Star and am still very welcome with the group. There are 3 members with Sp','ders now and a fourth that comes out every once-in-a-while. (3 Silvers and one Yellow) The yellow :spyder:has a lady owner. So if you check out some Riding Clubs in your area, this might be one worth a little bit of a web search. "All Makes all models" might be a good indication.

GA-SPYDER
12-13-2008, 09:59 AM
I ride with a RIDING (not motorcycle) Club called Southern Cruisers. I Rode with them when I owned a V-Star and am still very welcome with the group. There are 3 members with Sp','ders now and a fourth that comes out every once-in-a-while. (3 Silvers and one Yellow) The yellow :spyder:has a lady owner. So if you check out some Riding Clubs in your area, this might be one worth a little bit of a web search. "All Makes all models" might be a good indication.
:2thumbs: I second that. I belong to the same riding club in GA!
We have a meeting once a month and a social gathering once a month. We ride just about every weekend, weather permitting. Anything from crotch rockets to Harleys and a great group to ride with. They get a kick out of :spyder:!

Star Cruiser
12-13-2008, 07:06 PM
:2thumbs: I second that. I belong to the same riding club in GA!
We have a meeting once a month and a social gathering once a month. We ride just about every weekend, weather permitting. Anything from crotch rockets to Harleys and a great group to ride with. They get a kick out of :spyder:!
Coooool - (Well it is here anyway - LOL)
went to the Brain Bucket Rally earlier this year when we stayed in Helen for aweek of biking, when it was snowing up here. Rented Harleys for that one, but ILOVE YOUR ROADS down there. I'll be down on L'il Miss Muffet when I get a chance to see some sunshine