PDA

View Full Version : BRP Ultra Touring Windshield

BRPjunkie
12-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I see that BRP has priced the UT windshield at $250. Now we will have to wait for someone to actually get one to see if it works.

Latemarch
12-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I see that BRP has priced the UT windshield at $250. Now we will have to wait for someone to actually get one to see if it works.

Don't think that they are available untill the spring of 09. Though I intend to order one when I'm up at the dealers for the 600mi service.

bone crusher
12-10-2008, 03:57 PM
I would use the contact I have to get them...he will save you serious money...pm me if you are interested...

SLO RYDER
12-10-2008, 07:56 PM
I couldn't make up my mind on aftermarket windshields or wait for BRP's. I have replaced the windshield on my R1200RT with a aftermarket and had put away the stock one. I dug it out and it looked like it belonged on the Spyder. I just drilled some new hole to match the Spyder mounting holes and ordered the Plastic Mounting covers from BMW. It blocks the wind off my chest and I don't get any helmet buffeting from it.

Roaddog2
12-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Not Bad :2thumbs:

Roger
12-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Slo ryder i like what you did it does look like it belongs on there. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

IMRU3
12-11-2008, 01:24 AM
I couldn't make up my mind on aftermarket windshields or wait for BRP's. I have replaced the windshield on my R1200RT with a aftermarket and had put away the stock one. I dug it out and it looked like it belonged on the Spyder. I just drilled some new hole to match the Spyder mounting holes and ordered the Plastic Mounting covers from BMW. It blocks the wind off my chest and I don't get any helmet buffeting from it.

The look of your windshield definitely goes well with the Spyder. Nice job.:2thumbs:. I still have the ultra sport windshield from BRP and I cannot still figure out which one to get later on. I am still waiting for the new BRP windshield vs the one from Industries7.

Lamonster
12-11-2008, 07:34 AM
:thumbup::doorag:

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/R1200RT/R1200RTws.jpg
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/R1200RT/R1200RTws1.jpg

NancysToy
12-11-2008, 08:38 AM
I had switched the shields on my R1100RT, and had considered doing exactly the same thing. For some reason, I never thought about adding the bracket covers to plug the old holes. That looks nice. Still hesitant about my RT shield. They are a bit different than your R1200RT unit. Besides, there was a reason I changed to a Cee Bailey's on the Beemer. Maybe the solution is a Cee Bailey's for the R1200RT? One thing I like for certain about the BMW shields, they are thicker than the Spyder units. Thanks for the inspiration...nice job!
-Scotty

tatt2r
12-11-2008, 11:20 AM
:barf::coffee:

NancysToy
12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
:barf::coffee:
So, tell us, was your Mom scared by a windshield when you were in the womb? :D
-Scotty

tatt2r
12-11-2008, 03:28 PM
So, tell us, was your Mom scared by a windshield when you were in the womb? :D
-Scotty

hahhahhahahah i'd rather not say .... but i was attacked by a windshield when i was just a young lad .... have had nightmares ever since ,,,, counsiling doesnt seem to help .... keep getting windshield flash backs..... not pretty... it's like every time i feel it's over someone writes another thread about a windshield ...I CANT GET AWAY FROM THEM ...AAARRRRGGGG!!!! ...:coffee: I FEEL A PHOTOSHOP PICTURE COMING UP

NancysToy
12-11-2008, 08:39 PM
hahhahhahahah i'd rather not say .... but i was attacked by a windshield when i was just a young lad .... have had nightmares ever since ,,,, counsiling doesnt seem to help .... keep getting windshield flash backs..... not pretty... it's like every time i feel it's over someone writes another thread about a windshield ...I CANT GET AWAY FROM THEM ...AAARRRRGGGG!!!! ...:coffee: I FEEL A PHOTOSHOP PICTURE COMING UP
I think I saw that movie. Alfred Hitch**** Production. ,,,,,, Oops, my mistake, that was the Birds, and you're certainly not Jessica Tandy. ,,,,, See what all that caffeine does to your nerves? :D
-Scotty