PDA

View Full Version : F3 - Grip Puppies (Trim or Not?)

kaamacat
05-19-2015, 01:20 PM
I posted this in F3, not knowing if the grips differed from model-2-model. That being said, I just
received a set and they look longer than the stock grips. Now, I know they can be trimmed but,
also think I saw they can compress a bit. The question is, are people just trimming them, or installing
and compressing?

cuznjohn
05-19-2015, 01:24 PM
i trimmed the ones on my rt. the right side can interfere with the throttle operation

jcthorne
05-19-2015, 02:10 PM
I just slid them on. When the windex dries, they are held in place. Yes the length compresses slightly but its held between the rubber 'flanges' on either end of the factory grip. No interference with throttle at all.

kaamacat
05-19-2015, 02:43 PM
I just slid them on. When the windex dries, they are held in place. Yes the length compresses slightly but its held between the rubber 'flanges' on either end of the factory grip. No interference with throttle at all.

I did trim both just a wee bit.... they be on. (They are not bad looking at all. I like that they are a
very dense material and not thick). I kept the pre-formed edges on the outside. Sliding on with a pair
of Mechanix gloves is a must.

jcthorne
05-19-2015, 03:31 PM
I did trim both just a wee bit.... they be on. (They are not bad looking at all. I like that they are a
very dense material and not thick). I kept the pre-formed edges on the outside. Sliding on with a pair
of Mechanix gloves is a must.

Just spritz the inside of the grip puppies and the rubber grip with windex. They slip right on. Dry in a few hours.

Cruzr Joe
05-19-2015, 04:55 PM
On the foam grips from Tricled, just put them on and forget it, they fit properly and make your hands feel better.

I don't use the grip puppies because the do not eliminate the vibration and the seam in them always seems to be in my way.

Just my .02 cents worth. And grip puppies are not a sponsor on here so i won't be bashing a sponsor.

Cruzr Joe

kaamacat
05-19-2015, 05:26 PM
On the foam grips from Tricled, just put them on and forget it, they fit properly and make your hands feel better.

I don't use the grip puppies because the do not eliminate the vibration and the seam in them always seems to be in my way.

Just my .02 cents worth. And grip puppies are not a sponsor on here so i won't be bashing a sponsor.

Cruzr Joe

Did you mean Grip Buddies by any change with the seam?

Cruzr Joe
05-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Did you mean Grip Buddies by any change with the seam?

correct, i do not like grip buddies because of the seam.

Cruzr Joe

samewok
05-19-2015, 05:43 PM
I agree with Joe I have tried both.

kaamacat
05-22-2015, 06:22 PM
Went for about a 170m ride today (actually most of the rides around here are ~120-170 round-trip
into the mountain areas anyway). I will say I'm lovin' the Grip Puppies. For me, I like the overall
grip increase in diameter MUCH better, they look pretty good on the machine and not cheap, no-doubt
cuts on the vibrations.

One of those great $20 investments well worth it. (IMHO)