PDA

View Full Version : freight and assembly charges?

ViperWolf
05-19-2015, 07:14 AM
What do you experienced Spyder owners consider reasonable/fair freight and assembly charges?

Example: looking at 14 ST-S listed at $15.5, and tacking on $800 for freight and assembly.

Is that reasonable?

Thanks all, ryde safely!

MouthPiece
05-19-2015, 07:30 AM
If you are the buyer, it will be reasonable (to the key person) at an amount the dealer sets and you are willing to pay.

Chris

Bob Denman
05-19-2015, 07:36 AM
:agree: If it fits your wallet, and you don't mind... it's reasonable. :D
(But it certainly can be looked upon, as a point for negotiation!)

Tango
05-19-2015, 07:55 AM
At full list price? F+A is just additional dealer profit! :lecturef_smilie: That 14 is now a blood sucker on the dealer floor plan. Demand a big discount and for him to wave the F+A! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

jtoro1
05-19-2015, 07:55 AM
What do you experienced Spyder owners consider reasonable/fair freight and assembly charges?Example: looking at 14 ST-S listed at $15.5, and tacking on $800 for freight and assembly.Is that reasonable?Thanks all, ryde safely!I would tell them keep it.I think it is a rip off. I paid $ 0 dollars.

tip
05-19-2015, 08:14 AM
There are hundreds of ways to play with prices. I would ask for a price " out the door " - if you like it go for it. If not try other dealers.
Good luck!!
Tip

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-19-2015, 09:03 AM
I paid $ 0 for shipping and set-up. A lot of others savvy buyers here didn't pay any either...........Good luck,........Mike :thumbup:

jaherbst
05-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Freight is included in the dealers invoice and should not be passed on to the consumer. Many dealers try to add it on to the MSRP for more profit. He is already making $2500 without adding the freight. Add $1000 to the invoice or better yet $500 and he will be more than happy to sell it to you. It is already a year old and he is paying some bank flooring costs. In several more months BRP will be announcing there 2016 models and it will be two years old.

Jack

Orange Spyder Man
05-19-2015, 09:58 AM
when I bought my 2014 last Oct... I refused to pay shipping & set up... looked on the internet for prices... went back to the local dealer and offered what I found by buying elsewhere... they did not like the idea but reluctantly accepted my offer..

osm

Chupaca
05-19-2015, 10:52 AM
you don't need to dwell on the all the side charges cause in the end it's the out the door price that matters. All dealers have different names for the multitude of charges, most will bug you they do me. They are selling you a vehilcle that you should be able to drive away. That is the finished product, that is what you are getting for your hard earned money. I don't care how they get to the OTD price if it is not to my liking I will move on. Jmo :thumbup:

WEB-WVR
05-19-2015, 11:15 AM
There is another post on this subject, active right now....read the posts there too. I would not pay it...there are plenty of dealers that dont charge this.

I just got a 2014 ST-L, MSRP almost $25K I paid $17,300.00

ARtraveler
05-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Don't let this dealer sell you the oceanfront property he has in Phoenix either. :yikes:

They are playing the mark em up game and not being very subtle about it. Also you should not have to pay $200 or so for DOC fees. That's a good price to push the print button.

Have bought five :spyder2:'s and never paid freight or assembly. Its all in the final $'s of the deal. How much off MSRP, How much for my trade? Etc. etc. Other fine points come in like financing rates, etc.

My dealer always starts with MSRP and we do the dance from there

OJ UK
05-19-2015, 01:13 PM
.....I wasn't charged for freight or assembly. The price I paid was agreed in October before my dealer (158 Performance) had an F3 to sell me.
I was present at assembly as anyone who looks at my pics will know. It took around 40 minutes. The dealer then had the steering alignment checked
for which he had to pay at a good third party company, and then the pre-delivery inspection was done and the Spyder was test ridden by the workshop
manager for around seven miles to make sure that everything was as it should be.
Assembly: You're buying a complete working machine NOT a kit so the dealer has to assemble and check over the bike.
Delivery charge: It is commonplace here to pay a vehicle delivery charge, at least on new cars but once again this is at the behest of the individual dealer.

bruiser
05-19-2015, 06:42 PM
.....I wasn't charged for freight or assembly. The price I paid was agreed in October before my dealer (158 Performance) had an F3 to sell me.
I was present at assembly as anyone who looks at my pics will know. It took around 40 minutes. The dealer then had the steering alignment checked
for which he had to pay at a good third party company, and then the pre-delivery inspection was done and the Spyder was test ridden by the workshop
manager for around seven miles to make sure that everything was as it should be.
Assembly: You're buying a complete working machine NOT a kit so the dealer has to assemble and check over the bike.
Delivery charge: It is commonplace here to pay a vehicle delivery charge, at least on new cars but once again this is at the behest of the individual dealer.

You have that nasty VAT and MOT charge also.

CanAmChris
05-19-2015, 06:54 PM
My dealer does not charge freight or assembly on anything they sell. I pretty much paid MSRP for the F3-S but they gave me $1000 over my trade in buy out so I rode away happy.

pitzerwm
05-19-2015, 09:12 PM
I was quoted in the NW $25K OTD on a 2015 RTS