PDA

View Full Version : Sena SMH10 and CB

Vidman
05-18-2015, 11:23 AM
I recently realized I am having a problem with my current model SMH10 running latest Firmware 5.1.1. It is paired with the Sena SM10 (running the Spyder RT radio, Garmin 660 GPS and SiriusXM satellite plugged into trunk), SR10 with Midlands CB and iPhone. My wife is using an SHM10 paired with the SM10 and NOT the SR10 as only one headset can be paired with the SR10 and her iPhone.

All works well with the SR10/CB combo working and without UNTIL we are in intercom mode with each other and someone transmits on their CB. Then my SMH10 shuts off. Weird.

I have started a "ticket" with Sena but with past experience it will be a few days (even up to a week) to get an answer. Long weekend coming.

I have reset all 4 units now and re-paired according to past "Ticket" suggestions. I am sure I did this last year so probably won't be the solution.

Anyone have this happen????? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

ThreeWheels
05-18-2015, 11:37 AM
I recently realized I am having a problem with my current model SMH10 running latest Firmware 5.1.1. It is paired with the Sena SM10 (running the Spyder RT radio, Garmin 660 GPS and SiriusXM satellite plugged into trunk), SR10 with Midlands CB and iPhone. My wife is using an SHM10 paired with the SM10 and NOT the SR10 as only one headset can be paired with the SR10 and her iPhone.

All works well with the SR10/CB combo working and without UNTIL we are in intercom mode with each other and someone transmits on their CB. Then my SMH10 shuts off. Weird.

I have started a "ticket" with Sena but with past experience it will be a few days (even up to a week) to get an answer. Long weekend coming.

I have reset all 4 units now and re-paired according to past "Ticket" suggestions. I am sure I did this last year so probably won't be the solution.

Thanks.

I haven't been able to successfully use the SR-10/CB set up either. I believe the headset receives a signal from the SR-10 and then stays locked onto the SR-10, overwriting all the other signals, just as it does with the cell phone. The cell phone connection shuts off when a call is ended, so the remaining functions of the SMH-10 return. The SR-10 doesn't seem to function that way.
This weekend, at the Maryland Spyder Clutter, I was informed that some CB radios have onboard bluetooth functionality. I think I'll look into that, eliminating the need for the SR 10.

Vidman
05-18-2015, 11:45 AM
I have successfully been using the SR10 and Midlands unit. Just this glitch. Prior to this i was using an older Radio Shack model with portable antenna and had very bad luck. IF this is the only problem I will have to adjust and check if SMH10 is still active after each intercom mode when riding with my Harley buddies and them using the CB. I am hoping there is another solution tho.

PaladinLV
05-18-2015, 11:54 AM
After you installed the firmware update, did you do a Factory Reset?
If NOT, that "could" be the problem.

AJ

Thanks.

Vidman
05-18-2015, 01:38 PM
After you installed the firmware update, did you do a Factory Reset?
If NOT, that "could" be the problem.

AJ

Yes I did AJ.

However, I just reset all units again AND replaced my wife's older non upgradeable unit with a current upgradable with 5.1.1 firmware. I don't believe her older unit was the problem but we were in intercom mode sooooooo.....

The only difficulty is the shut down when in intercom and another cb transmits. "EVERYTHING works as advertised."

Thanks for the suggestion.