PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Withdrawal

dltang
12-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I am having severe spyder withdrawal. I started both bjt's and my spyder today to let them run for a while. It wasn't all that cold yet but rain and sleet and as we both work second shift, you can bet ice for the ride home. Hence we resorted to the Suburban once again. I am in severe need of a clear day with dry roads. Of course, the weather forecast is somewhat bleak in that area for a while. We just put bjt's Russell Day Long on today as well. It looks very nice and is quite comfy. I am sure he would like to take if for a spin. He will probably get photos up in the next day or two. Thanks for the opportunity to vent. For those of you in warm and dry areas, yeah I know the answer, MOVE. LOL

tatt2r
12-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Won't give mine up yet either no winterizing for my Spyder girlfriend was out and about today

bjt
12-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Amen bro. We are not winterizing, ever. The next day with clear roads that I get, no matter how cold it is, I'm going for a spin. I hope its in the single digits so I can get the SpyderLovers Cold Ride trophy :firstplace: from you tatt2r. :D

dltang
12-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Amen bro. We are not winterizing, ever. The next day with clear roads that I get, no matter how cold it is, I'm going for a spin. I hope its in the single digits so I can get the SpyderLovers Cold Ride trophy :firstplace: from you tatt2r. :D

Oh honey, why even try, you know I'll just break your record given the chance.
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gif

bjt
12-09-2008, 07:26 PM
:( :mad: :sour: :p :D

Roaddog2
12-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh honey, why even try, you know I'll just break your record given the chance.
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gifI sense a little cabin fever goin on out there in Michagan :spyder:

rockstar
12-09-2008, 08:32 PM
cold front coming tonight.went for a ride it was 80 degrees.tommorow it will only be in the forties.:yes:

Donzo
12-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Went for a ride today - I did not see even one other bike on the road. It was in the low 40's where I am. This is great riding weather! There is a storm coming this weekend and the temps are going down to the 20's next week("they say"). So our late fall is coming to an end - we need the rain/snow but I want to ride the new toy!
Sorry you guys are already shut down because of weather - but now is the time to heat up the garage/shop and add more accessories and polish! I will be doing that very soon!

frleo
12-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Like our Michigan friends, it was 40's here today. --BUT-- there was sand, salt and rain on the roads. I was oh so tempted to go rYde, but better judgement ruled. I really want to check out the F1 EIII slYder. Hopefully, the trip south will come quickly.
I could ride around our horse arena, but it is only 120 feet long. hmmm. maybe.:yikes:

---leo---

bone crusher
12-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Was in mid-40s today and took a ride...first time with Hindle...what a difference...Spyder faster and certainly the sound is much better!

It was nice to get out and take a ryde today!

Emerald Spyder
12-10-2008, 03:15 AM
You all have my sympathy, winter here is usally about 25 deg C (77 deg F) and summer (now) we have been up to about 38 deg C (98 to 100 deg F) with an average of about 32 deg C (90 deg F) so I wouldn't know how to even winterise a bike.

We can ride everyday of the year without winter gear, provided it doesn't rain!!!!!:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::clap ::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lamonster
12-10-2008, 07:54 AM
I got about 30 miles in yesterday. Better than nothing I guess. :sour:

NancysToy
12-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Near forty here, but all it did was make a mess. I got to shovel the slush off the driveway, look at the Spyder in the garage when I put the new snowblower beside it, and chat with MM on the phone. Does that count for anything? Flash froze and snowed after sunset. At the rate this winter is going, I'm going to end up depressed! :(
-Scotty

Roaddog2
12-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Near forty here, but all it did was make a mess. I got to shovel the slush off the driveway, look at the Spyder in the garage when I put the new snowblower beside it, and chat with MM on the phone. Does that count for anything? Flash froze and snowed after sunset. At the rate this winter is going, I'm going to end up depressed! :(
-ScottyWe won't let that happen to you :doorag:

sleepman
12-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Back up to 80 down here. One thing I sure don't miss about living up north is the winters.

FANG
12-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Temps not bad here but it is raining cats, dogs, girraffes and any other species of animal you can think of at the momment. Not to mention torando warnings - rain scheduled thru tomorrow. I hate to miss one day on the :spyder:. Can't think of what it would be like to have to put it up for the winter. :yikes: If any of you guys want to come to Northwest Florida in between the rain we can ryde to your hearts content. :clap:

Spydroe
12-10-2008, 11:35 AM
My 88 yr old dad rode mine and I rode one of my bikes to a toy run on the central coast here in Ca. on sunday. It was in the 70's and there were five other spyders there. I had my Bushtec trailer hooked up to the spyder and my dad couldn't believe how well it handles with it. I think I'm going to order the windshield from Rifle Fairing that John (spyder114) has on his. We saw it on the run and I think my dad would like that for his rides.:cheers:

Lamonster
12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
My 88 yr old dad rode mine and I rode one of my bikes to a toy run on the central coast here in Ca. on sunday. It was in the 70's and there were five other spyders there. I had my Bushtec trailer hooked up to the spyder and my dad couldn't believe how well it handles with it. I think I'm going to order the windshield from Rifle Fairing that John (spyder114) has on his. We saw it on the run and I think my dad would like that for his rides.:cheers:

:congrats:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=443

ingramwc
12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey Deb! Look on the bright side, at least you have a Spyder in the garage waiting, that beats not having one. Yes?

Wes

dltang
12-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Hey Deb! Look on the bright side, at least you have a Spyder in the garage waiting, that beats not having one. Yes?

Wes

Thank you Wes for reminding me to count my blessing and stop complaining. It's kind of like grumbling that I have to go to work, at least I have work to go to.

Spydroe
12-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Got the Rifle windshield on the way.:yes::yes:

LaughingHeart
12-10-2008, 02:29 PM
I am having severe spyder withdrawal. I started both bjt's and my spyder today to let them run for a while. It wasn't all that cold yet but rain and sleet and as we both work second shift, you can bet ice for the ride home. Hence we resorted to the Suburban once again. I am in severe need of a clear day with dry roads. Of course, the weather forecast is somewhat bleak in that area for a while. We just put bjt's Russell Day Long on today as well. It looks very nice and is quite comfy. I am sure he would like to take if for a spin. He will probably get photos up in the next day or two. Thanks for the opportunity to vent. For those of you in warm and dry areas, yeah I know the answer, MOVE. LOL

ME TOO!!! Living in Minnesota, we have snow and lots of salt on the roads. We won't be riding for a while. I go out and look at Spyder and dream!

Winnie

ataDude
12-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Deb, Deb, Deb... now's the time to tweak it if you can't ride it.

I just finished removing the back wheel so I can get a new tire and fixing the stinkin' Corbin fender so it fits right.

Surely there's something you can do... :thumbup:

jnt
12-10-2008, 05:05 PM
After installing the HeatDemons (grip heaters) I was ready to take W's for a spin, then the salt truck went down our street spewing yukky stuff. Dang!:banghead:

GeminiJane
12-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I've not ridden for two days and am starting to have withdrawal, too. It was rainy and windy yesterday and roads were glazed with ice this morning. Had a fun ride Monday, though. We'd gotten just a tiny bit of snow (which is usually all SO. IL does get) but IDOT had put sand/cinders in the corners and through intersections. (I think our salt budget got all used up last year as we had way more snow days than normal - yeah, no salt left for this year!). I had been out in the car and hadn't paid any attention, I guess, 'cause when I took the Spyder out the first set of curves/corners I went through at a pretty good clip broke the tires loose and I did a bit of a fishtail swerve. I was truly impressed, though, at how the Spyder pulled through and kept my line true without going off shoulder or into center line. After that I was much more confident and actually went looking for a few more spots that I could have a bit of "fun". Tomorrow's dry and warming up into mid-30's so I see another ryde in my future. If any of you northern folk get fed up, it's not too far to So. IL - I'll loan you my :spyder:and ride along on a 2 wheeler. Have to love dogs, though, as we rescue greyhounds and beds and couches are shared with the "doggie kids"!

frleo
12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Today[Thur] at lunchtime, the rain from yesterday having washed the roads, I took the spYder with the new EIII slider out for a rYde. Even after reading all the testimonials as to the advantages of the EIII design, I was impressed with the performance. I am 6' and have 1" riser bar installed. With slide 2/3 elevated, the wind stream went right above my helmet. The OAT is 29F, and I did NOT wear layers, yet I stayed warm for the 11 mile rYde.

One TINY negative. Wind on the face plate had always kept the fog off my helmet lens. I had to elevate the shield to eliminate the fog. Not a problem, just different.

GOOD JOB F1.:clap:

---leo---

tatt2r
12-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Monday night ride home was about 10 windchil about -5 got condinsation on front of helmet froze to ice by the time I got home can't wait till summer

Roaddog2
12-11-2008, 07:41 PM
:congrats:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=443:thumbup: Happy Birthday wish you many more rides :thumbup: