PDA

View Full Version : Saddlebag Not Opening

ARtraveler
05-17-2015, 08:27 PM
My left rear saddlebag will not open when I pull the latch release on the back trunk.

Any ideas about fixing? I have jiggled, banged, and swore. So far, none of these methods have worked.

2014 RT-S

Bob Denman
05-17-2015, 08:36 PM
:shocked: If you can get the rear panel loose enough; you MIGHT be able to get to the cable that goes down to the latch...
Please let us know how you break in! Good Luck! :2thumbs:

murphybrown
05-17-2015, 08:41 PM
My left rear saddlebag will not open when I pull the latch release on the back trunk.

Any ideas about fixing? I have jiggled, banged, and swore. So far, none of these methods have worked.

2014 RT-S

Had same issue...dealer had to replace latch mechanism...still have to bump it with knee when pulling release. BUT it works and far better than my '10 saddlebag which would flop open at most inopportune times..like going down freeway at 75..great news only lost one ballcap!!! Same cure for the '10 replace latch mechanism. Both done under warranty. :thumbup:

2dogs
05-17-2015, 09:03 PM

2014 RT-S

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?79610-cable-adjusters&highlight=saddle :clap: I knew I saw it some where. :thumbup:

Chupaca
05-17-2015, 09:07 PM
Are you feeling any tension when you pull the release..?? You may need an extra hand but pressing down a bit and pulling on the lid while pulling the release may help. If something is to tight or hung up it won't pop open...hope its that simple...:gaah:

JayBros
05-17-2015, 09:14 PM
Page 147 of 2014 Operator's Guide has some instructions that might work.

PaladinLV
05-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Isn't the Spyder still under warranty?
If so let a dealer handle it.
They fix it - great
They break it - their problem not yours

AJ

2014 RT-S

Dudley
05-17-2015, 10:08 PM
For me, it's pull the latch with one hand and at the same time, with the other hand, just push on the lid as though you were shutting it. Works every time.

4 MARIE
05-17-2015, 10:31 PM
For me, it's pull the latch with one hand and at the same time, with the other hand, just push on the lid as though you were shutting it. Works every time.

If you need two hands to open your bag, then you need to run the cable adjustment routine. It isn't exactly difficult, after getting lower trunk panel off. I was way-tired of having to two-hand mine. I think these cables stretch immediately.

ARtraveler
05-18-2015, 12:39 PM
Thank you all for your tips and hints. None of the easy ones worked for me. Taking panels off and adjusting cables are beyond my pay grade and ability. It looks like a trip to the dealer and time to play the warranty card. I will follow up when I get this corrected.

Darn, I so wanted my fingerless gloves. :gaah: