PDA

View Full Version : Power supply for dual USB

Mazo EMS2
05-17-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm gonna install a dual USB outlet near my analog fuel gage. (I wanna keep the gage). Can I tap into the power wire to the gage, for the USB too, or will that make Nanny crabby? No need to have the USB outlet "hot" all the time, I don't think...I have the trunk outlet for that. 2010 RT

Rick

Gunner 02
05-17-2015, 07:54 PM
I used a double usb connector that I plug into my trickle charge connection and just unplug it when I'm not using it. No problem with nanny with this connection.

I'm gonna install a dual USB outlet near my analog fuel gage. (I wanna keep the gage). Can I tap into the power wire to the gage, for the USB too, or will that make Nanny crabby? No need to have the USB outlet "hot" all the time, I don't think...I have the trunk outlet for that. 2010 RT

Rick

jthornton
05-18-2015, 05:49 AM

Rick

You can steal power from the analog gauge light...

JT

archibald609
05-18-2015, 08:09 AM
Help JT

jthornton
05-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Help JT

What do you need?

JT