PDA

View Full Version : F4 vs Madstad

MidTNDawg
05-17-2015, 04:50 PM
Anyone with experience with both of these products? If so, what is your opinion?

Imnotlost
05-17-2015, 07:33 PM
F4 no, Madstad yes.
I rode down to the owner's shop here in Florida to have mine installed on my Road Glide Ultra. It is designed and made very well and you can pick different sizes and tints. If you were to have yours shipped, I would give them a call to get an idea of where to set your pitch and elevation to start. Just a few degrees forward or back can make a big difference in how the air flows through the rider area.

I am not familiar with the F4 so cannot compare, but I know that every review I have read and person I have talked to has really been impressed with the MadStad shield.

Good luck!

TomW
05-19-2015, 10:29 AM
I can only reply about the F4. We bought the tall/wide tinted with the vent at Spyderfest this year. We used the shield for a day and half and went back to talk to the sales people. We were experiencing a lot of reflection at the top of the shield showing the top of the handle bars and ignition switch. The area was approximately 5" square at the very top center extending down, right in my line of sight. The dealer was nice enough to swap the tinted for a clear shield. Still have some reflection but it's easier to contend with than with the tinted. We really like the extra height and width and especially the vent. Yes the bugs will hit you in the chest.

Hope this helps.

Tom

MidTNDawg
05-19-2015, 10:44 AM
My thanks to both of you.

Ronbo
05-19-2015, 12:00 PM
Anyone with experience with both of these products? If so, what is your opinion?

I have Madstad windshield ....I had Blue ridge before the Madstad. The Madstad is perfect it is infinitely adjustable. I have the 20". Customer service is great! This windshield has increased my enjoyment at least 50%. Now I'm after that annoying vibration.