PDA

View Full Version : Black replacement pieces for grey/chrome

edrn
05-16-2015, 10:15 PM
I have a 2014 Rts Se6 classic black metallic. I live the color ESP the black wheels. I'm looking for black accents (where most people would put chrome) for the gray or chrome (outside windshield trim, front side of mirrors.) Are there any such replacements? Thanks ahead of time. Edrn

cptjam
05-17-2015, 12:34 AM
Just remove them and Powdercoat black. Most shops can turn around in a week or less.

Magdave
05-17-2015, 09:08 AM
The plain RT has black windshield bracket covers. I just traded mine for some brushed ones since my RT is Mag Silver and looks better without the black ones. I am sure you can order them from the dealer.:thumbup: The side covers is a different thing and powder coating is probably the way to go unless you get a set of plain RT black mirrors. May be you could find someone to trade with?

Chupaca
05-17-2015, 09:28 AM
several ryders in our group have simply spray painted with plasti dip or plati flex. You can get a variety of colors and if you change your mind just remove that color...
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107631&stc=1 I tried it on the center panel works well but didn't like it...:shemademe_smilie:

Magdave
05-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Plasti Dip is a good option for the mirrors I have used it on my Terrain chrome mirror cover I get a sun reflection at certain angles and it has held for over a year. Best part is it is removable.