PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Media from phone through stero

dmfahie
05-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Hello. I have the Sema smh10 and the sm10 dongle on my bike. I want to stream music to the bikes stero, bluetooth.... not through the headsets. I can not figure how to do so. I have seen many posts to stream in to the headsets, I prefer it through the stero.

Thanks in advance,
Devin

JayBros
05-16-2015, 09:44 PM
I assume when you say you want to stream music through the stereo you mean through the the audio system speakers. If that is what you mean just turn on the speakers--owner's guide instructions. If that's not what you mean please explain.

robmorg
05-16-2015, 10:04 PM
Hello. I have the Sema smh10 and the sm10 dongle on my bike. I want to stream music to the bikes stero, bluetooth.... not through the headsets. I can not figure how to do so. I have seen many posts to stream in to the headsets, I prefer it through the stero.

Thanks in advance,
DevinHi Devin,

And welcome to the Spyderlover's forum. You didn't say what kind of Spyder you have but I'm gonna assume it's an RT, since you posted in the RT section. ;) If so, you have a couple of options. The RT comes with two hard-wired adapters that you plug into a port in the trunk. One has a standard stereo mini-plug, and the other is for an iPOD or iPHONE. But of course, your device will have to stay in the trunk.

You can also buy a Bluetooth receiver, like the kind you would use with an iPOD speaker dock. You would plug that into the iPOD adapter (mentioned above) that comes with the bike. I just bought this one from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMBKR58/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and it works REALLY well, although I don't use it with the Spyder. They also have ones for about $20 less that, according to buyer comments, are not as reliable.

The SM10 dongle is a BT transmitter, so it's won't do what you want to do.

dmfahie
05-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Rob. Yes, exactly the information I was searching for. Thanks for the advice guys.

Ben Burped
05-16-2015, 10:20 PM
You failed to mention if you have speakers, a radio, or an entertainment harness. All of this needs to be in place first. If you don't know, look at the display. It will show as an icon at the top of the screen.

ARCTIC
05-17-2015, 09:50 AM
I purchased a TaoTronics model TT-BR01 I haven't been able to test it on the bike yet but I've been tinkering with it on my home stereo and it seems to have a nice range and the battery will stay on stand-by for days: http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-BR01-Bluetooth-Headphones-Transmitter/dp/B006IJJH7O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1431874043&sr=1-1&keywords=taotronics+tt-br01 I see it isn't as high quality sound as this one though: http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-BR02-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B00KRVS5OU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1431874043&sr=1-2&keywords=taotronics+tt-br01

robmorg
05-17-2015, 11:35 AM
I purchased a TaoTronics model TT-BR01 I haven't been able to test it on the bike yet but I've been tinkering with it on my home stereo and it seems to have a nice range and the battery will stay on stand-by for days: http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-BR01-Bluetooth-Headphones-Transmitter/dp/B006IJJH7O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1431874043&sr=1-1&keywords=taotronics+tt-br01 I see it isn't as high quality sound as this one though: http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-BR02-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B00KRVS5OU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1431874043&sr=1-2&keywords=taotronics+tt-br01

Those would work with the correct cables, but the advantage of the iPOD receiver that I linked to in post #3 is that it also is capable of AVRCP protocol, which means that, as long as the device you pair with it is compatible (like most recent Apple and Android phones), you will be able to control it from the multi-function control on the Spyder handlebar, just like you could control an iPOD plugged into that trunk interface cable.

ARCTIC
05-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Those would work with the correct cables, but the advantage of the iPOD receiver that I linked to in post #3 is that it also is capable of AVRCP protocol, which means that, as long as the device you pair with it is compatible (like most recent Apple and Android phones), you will be able to control it from the multi-function control on the Spyder handlebar, just like you could control an iPOD plugged into that trunk interface cable.

Oooooo!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!! I might have to get one!!!! That's way better!! I wonder if the player it uses on the phone is the default built in player or if I can get it to use my Rocketplayer app???

On EDIT: I just went out to my truck and tried my bluetooth link with my Samsung S5 and it used the add on app Rocketplayer as the default player AND... it automatically stops the player when I turn off my truck and resumes when I get back into it so I don't have to do ANYTHING. I can setup playlists, play by song, play by artist.... shuffle... IT's AWESOME!!! Hopefully that receiver you linked does the same thing!!!

ARCTIC
05-20-2015, 05:31 PM
I bought the Layen 4.0 one and it won't change the songs with the handlebar controls on my spyder. :dontknow:

ARCTIC
05-21-2015, 12:46 PM
It doesn't display the song information on the display of the spyder either. nojoke

ARCTIC
05-21-2015, 01:42 PM
I emailed the manufacturer and they responded nearly instantly. This is their response:
Department: General

Subject: I - Dock 4.0

Hi Brian, I am afraid this is not possible. To do this you would need a Bluetooth Receiver that works via Digital signal (these are available but are approx. x3 the price) We do not sell these as results can vary too much. I take it the S5 can still change tracks, but not the bike? If this is the case I'm afraid there is nothing we can do to change the i-DOCK. We will of course offer a full refund as you can’t use the item as needed, Best regards, Martin

Sincerely,
LAYEN LLP

robmorg
05-21-2015, 02:44 PM
I bought the Layen 4.0 one and it won't change the songs with the handlebar controls on my spyder. :dontknow:Sorry about that.

The specs on the Layen 4.0 says it has AVCRP protocol (which is what allows BT connections to control the player), so I just assumed it would work. However, after reading your responses here, I took my Layen BT receiver out to the Spyder and tried it. And I got the same results you did - even with the Google Music app which CAN be controlled by my Sena SMH10 headset. So I'm wondering if that is an error on the specs listing for this unit. Also with the Layen BT receiver plugged in to the Spyder, the multi-function display on the dash kept alternating between "iPOD" and "AUX" as if it couldn't decide which it was actually connected to.

Well, at least they have good customer support, as shown by their quick response to you, and an offer of a refund.

That said, the handlebar control will control the volume, and if you have a mount for your phone in the cockpit, then you can use your phone to control any app, including Pandora, and feed the audio into your Spyder's entertainment system using the Layen unit or a similar unit. (Of course I realize you can do the same with the other BT receiver you already have.)

ARCTIC
05-21-2015, 03:12 PM
Sorry about that.

The specs on the Layen 4.0 says it has AVCRP protocol (which is what allows BT connections to control the player), so I just assumed it would work. However, after reading your responses here, I took my Layen BT receiver out to the Spyder and tried it. And I got the same results you did - even with the Google Music app which CAN be controlled by my Sena SMH10 headset. So I'm wondering if that is an error on the specs listing for this unit. Also with the Layen BT receiver plugged in to the Spyder, the multi-function display on the dash kept alternating between "iPOD" and "AUX" as if it couldn't decide which it was actually connected to.

Well, at least they have good customer support, as shown by their quick response to you, and an offer of a refund.

That said, the handlebar control will control the volume, and if you have a mount for your phone in the cockpit, then you can use your phone to control any app, including Pandora, and feed the audio into your Spyder's entertainment system using the Layen unit or a similar unit. (Of course I realize you can do the same with the other BT receiver you already have.)

sometimes it is trial and error. I also got the alternating screens and there was some electronic noise / feedback played over the speakers. The i-dock does have a very slight advantage over my other bluetooth as it doesn't need charged or external power. I was pretty excited to have the same controls. Wonder if I can find something else that will do that. Since I've been messing with this, I've been very impressed at how well my 2015 gmc truck operates the phone audio and that it pauses the music and you wouldn't even know it was sourcing the music from the phone

robmorg
05-21-2015, 04:42 PM
I didn't find any electronic noise with the Layen iDock unit paired with my Samsung phone. It sounded great. Since I keep my phone mounted near the windshield, I may use that unit with the Spyder. I enjoy listening to the iPOD in my trunk, but I also enjoy listening to Pandora Radio on the phone at times. I can pair my SMH10 headset with both my phone and the Sena BT dongle, but switching between the two is somewhat cumbersome, and you have to get off the bike to do it anyway, so using the Layen unit might be easier - especially since I can then control the volume (at least) with the Spyder controls.