PDA

View Full Version : Elka shock question

edrn
05-15-2015, 10:51 PM
Looking at getting Elka shocks for my 2014 rts se6. Stage 2 or5. I know stage5 are twice as expensive, will they perform better esp with the pot holes in the northeast? I had a set on my 2011 rt,loved them (stage5 not around the.) Ed

Tango
05-16-2015, 08:19 AM
Had Stage 2 put on at Spyderfest on my 14 RTS. Big improvement! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Bob Denman
05-16-2015, 08:40 AM
While the Stage 5s give you more adjustability; how much did you actually tinker with them?
I had the Stage 1+Rs on my 2010, and never touched them; other than for a pre-load change. ;)

Chupaca
05-16-2015, 08:51 AM
more expensive does not mean better in all cases. They are for different uses.Some are for the aggressive drivers on sporty models who adjust for each ryde and terrain. Those who fine tune suspension for the wild rydes. Others are for those looking for a better handling ryde with more adjustment to get to that point and once set are good from then on. These are expensiv, they do require maintenance but are a big improvement to your ryde. Elkas are not the only ones out there but seem to be the ones most mentioned. I would shop around...:thumbup: