PDA

View Full Version : 2013 RT-S Looking for rear brake install Video

taxmyzer
05-15-2015, 09:24 AM
I need to change rear brake pads so I wondering if anyone has done a video specific to the 2013 RT'S. From what I understand the brake change procedure is different than the earlier models. hope someone in spyderland has done a video. I guess Lamont won't be posting how to videos now that Lamonster garage is open for business. It would sure be nice if he did as not everyone can get over to his shop. Thanks in advance!

Chupaca
05-15-2015, 09:36 AM
can't say that I have seen any videos for any spyder for brake pad replacement. Just looked around you tube and found nothing. The shop manual would be the way to go if none pop up. If you don't have one you can get them online. I have the green manual...:thumbup:

finless
05-15-2015, 12:00 PM
There is a video for prior years but I have not seen one for 2013 and up with the Brembo calipers.

One thing I will say is if you look around here, some have had issues doing it themselves on the Brembo's and getting the piston retracted. Not sure what the issue is as some have successfully done the job. Only thing I have read is on the Brembo's the piston is screwed in to retract it vs previous years where you pressed it in with a C clamp. However some people could not get the piston to turn and thus it was off to the dealer for a rebuild.

Bob

taxmyzer
05-16-2015, 12:52 PM
After careful review of service manual I decided to jump in and change the rear pads. Unfortunately no video, but I thought I would shed some light on how to get the piston retracted on the caliper. If you have a big pair of needle nose pliers just put them into the holes on the face of the piston and turn clockwise while pushing in on the piston. This should work without any difficulty its also recommended that you remove the caps from brake fluid reservoir in order to allow for any overflow place paper towels just in case. The Job should take just about 30 minutes to complete and no need to lift the bike off the ground though this could make the job more comfortable for the more physically challenged. One more thing there is no need to remove the muffler either thought this too will give you greater access.
:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Saved money so now I can buy something else for the bike!:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: