PDA

View Full Version : Frunk open - latch stuck in closed position

GMac
05-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Help!

My frunk is open, but the latch is stuck in the closed position (my son was playing with it while it was open). I've tried the obvious but it did no good (pushing down and turning the key and using the electronic button).

I thought about beating the child but figured that might make me feel better but wouldn't fix it (and I'm ignoring the fact that he's nearly my size and would probably kick MY butt). :yikes:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Gary
2012 RT Limited

Bob Denman
05-14-2015, 06:23 PM
So the lid is open, and the latch is locked? Is that it? :dontknow:
If that's the case; just take a string or a zip-tie, make a loop around the latch... Put some upward pressure on it, and hit the Frunk button. :thumbup:

Unless the lid is closed. :shocked:.. Then I've got nuthin'... :opps:

GMac
05-14-2015, 06:25 PM
Yup, you've got it right. I tried pushing up on it with a screwdriver while my son pushed the button, but no luck!

Thanks though!!!!

So the lid is open, and the latch is locked? Is that it? :dontknow:
If that's the case; just take a string or a zip-tie, make a loop around the latch... Put some upward pressure on it, and hit the Frunk button. :thumbup:

Unless the lid is closed. :shocked:.. Then I've got nuthin'... :opps:

jtoro1
05-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Help!

My frunk is open, but the latch is stuck in the closed position (my son was playing with it while it was open). I've tried the obvious but it did no good (pushing down and turning the key and using the electronic button).

I thought about beating the child but figured that might make me feel better but wouldn't fix it (and I'm ignoring the fact that he's nearly my size and would probably kick MY butt). :yikes:

Thanks,
Gary
2012 RT Limited

Pull on the tab where the wire is connected it will open the lock I have a cord connected to there to open the trunk with out the key

Chupaca
05-14-2015, 10:07 PM
but if you have the electronic opener you will have to actuate the switch indicating the frunk is closed before the swithch will open. If you have or see where the cable hooks to the latch you can push that to open the latch...:dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-14-2015, 10:13 PM
Pull on the tab where the wire is connected it will open the lock I have a cord connected to there to open the trunk with out the key

:agree:..............While working on the Spyder with the "FRUNK "off I've had to do this a number of times.........Mike :thumbup:

Doc - Riverside
05-15-2015, 05:50 AM
Help!

Thanks,
Gary
2012 RT Limited

All you have to do is pull the lever toward the left side and it will unlatch.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107521&stc=1

Bob Denman
05-15-2015, 06:39 AM
THAT's what we needed; a picture! :D
Thanks, Doc! :thumbup:

finless
05-15-2015, 09:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPUE_LRTeTE

Bob

GMac
05-15-2015, 04:05 PM
A huge thank you to everyone! :clap:

I wasn't able to find the button some described, but I found the cable and by pushing down on that at the same time as pushing the button that opens it, it popped open easily.

I genuinely appreciate the help!!!!
Gary

Help!

Thanks,
Gary
2012 RT Limited

Bob Denman
05-15-2015, 05:43 PM
:congrats::thumbup:
Now; I guess you can go have that "discussion" with your Son... :shocked:

Bfromla
05-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Nxt time the son gets stuck (inside) >;). Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odyssey009
05-21-2015, 11:03 AM
Will this method work on a 2014 RT Limited?

]All you have to do is pull the lever toward the left side and it will unlatch.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107521&stc=1[/QUOTE]

odyssey009
05-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Bob: Will this method work on a 2014 RT Limited?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPUE_LRTeTE

Bob

finless
05-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Bob: Will this method work on a 2014 RT Limited?

Yes, the only thing different on the 2014 is it is missing the electronic release solenoid but the mechanics are the same.

Bob