PDA

View Full Version : ST-S se-5 right driver floorboard

mstella101
05-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Some time back I had to stop abruptly and slammed on the brake pedal- I didn't think I pushed hard enough to push the floorboard down into its 'safety position' I just can't seem to recall the proper term for this- can't find it in the manual either. How far down should the floorboard be when in normal position. And if it is down how do I get it back up- :( ya I know that leaves a lot to interpretation. No little blue pill jokes- this is serious!!!Ha Ha. Aaandd I can't figure out how to post a pic of how mine looks. Lately it seems I'm moving my right foot a lot to brake! Any help is greatly appreciated

billybovine
05-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Some time back I had to stop abruptly and slammed on the brake pedal- I didn't think I pushed hard enough to push the floorboard down into its 'safety position' I just can't seem to recall the proper term for this- can't find it in the manual either. How far down should the floorboard be when in normal position. And if it is down how do I get it back up- :( ya I know that leaves a lot to interpretation. No little blue pill jokes- this is serious!!!Ha Ha. Aaandd I can't figure out how to post a pic of how mine looks. Lately it seems I'm moving my right foot a lot to brake! Any help is greatly appreciated

It is not a matter of force, it is brake pedal travel. When the brake pedal travels far enough a trigger is tripped and the front of the floorboard falls down about 3 to 4 inches. That gives giving you the extra brake pedal travel in emergencies. It falls by gravity only no springs. Push down on the back of the floorboard with your foot or reach down with your hand and pull up the front and it will lock back into place. If yours is tripped you will know it.

billybovine
05-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Video I made last year demonstrating the floorboard drop.

http://vid1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg529/billybovine/VID_20140928_114852_zpscb45ea48.mp4

mstella101
05-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Thanks so much for the video- I'll check it out tomorrow.

SNOOPY
05-12-2015, 05:00 AM
Hope you can get it back up. :shocked:

Nice video :thumbup:

ARCTIC
05-12-2015, 05:06 AM
I've bottomed out my bike and it typically trips the floorboard too. There's a spring loaded latch so it'll just snap back in place as Billy's video demonstrates

vided
05-12-2015, 05:26 AM
give it a forceful pull, it'll stay up :p:p