PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder owner in G'ville SC

john_thecapn
05-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Greetings all!

John here in Greenville SC. I am a new owner of a 2014 (nos) ST limited. So far I love it! I've put about 600 mi on it and have enjoyed every one.

However, you have to make compromises sometimes. For one, to get all of the options of the Limited, you have to live with the chrome accents. More on that later.

Since this sub-forum isn't really active, are there other places that have events and info for the upstate area of SC?

Now, about the chrome. I would like to trade out the chrome wheels, the exh cover and the exh tip with black ones.
Anyone game?

Thanks y'all!
--John

DLewis
05-11-2015, 11:26 AM
:thumbup: :congrats: & :welcome: . The SC page on SL stays mainly dormant. Most riders around this area are on FB (NOT ME!!) There are a few in SC that use the SL site, so I'm sure they'll say their "hellos" Ride safe!

john_thecapn
05-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. While I can understand the draw of FB, it can't compete with the ability to store info for a group to be able to view and retrieve easily.

Oh well.... I guess i'll look them up there. Does anyone know the name of the group/community? Is it just Spyder Lovers, like here?

Thanks again!

Chupaca
05-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Congrats on your new ryde..:2thumbs: glad you found us, hope you can find a trade for your chrome...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
05-11-2015, 03:29 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :ani29:

PrairieSpyder
05-11-2015, 03:36 PM
:welcome: & :congrats: on your new STL!!
BTW, many Spyderlovers choose to get the list of "New Posts" and will see messages in all the sub-forums, though that doesn't help with getting info about So Caro. events.

whitjim10
05-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Enjoy your new ride, i live in greenville also i have a 2012 rt limited my wife has a 2014 st limited.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107325&stc=1

rayeade
05-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the family. I am located in Easley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maliamd
05-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Carolina Spyder Ryders has a FB page.

CanAmMick
05-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Greetings all!

John here in Greenville SC. I am a new owner of a 2014 (nos) ST limited. So far I love it! I've put about 600 mi on it and have enjoyed every one.

However, you have to make compromises sometimes. For one, to get all of the options of the Limited, you have to live with the chrome accents. More on that later.

Since this sub-forum isn't really active, are there other places that have events and info for the upstate area of SC?

Now, about the chrome. I would like to trade out the chrome wheels, the exh cover and the exh tip with black ones.
Anyone game?

Thanks y'all!
--John

John,

If you ever want to ride on the weekends let me know. I'm in Hendersonville, NC. We Usually ride up here during the summer, and down south in your area during the winter months.

hillybillyheaven
05-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Greetings all!

Anyone game?

Thanks y'all!
--John

John there's a Spyder event right up the road from you....go there and you can meet the locals....i am going it is next weekend ..memorial weekend

it is in Landrum, SC http://www.spydercomfort.com/dsblue.htm :yes:

john_thecapn
05-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Thanks everyone for the info!!

gman214
05-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Congrats! Welcome to the :spyder2: World!!

john_thecapn
05-22-2015, 11:20 AM
So I followed the link, and while it gave info, it's not very forthcoming with the details.

Can someone point me in a better direction on where to get times, addresses, etc.?

Thanks.

John there's a Spyder event right up the road from you....go there and you can meet the locals....i am going it is next weekend ..memorial weekend

it is in Landrum, SC http://www.spydercomfort.com/dsblue.htm :yes:

john_thecapn
05-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the PM'd info. That helped a lot!

hillybillyheaven
05-23-2015, 08:00 AM
So I followed the link, and while it gave info, it's not very forthcoming with the details.

Can someone point me in a better direction on where to get times, addresses, etc.?

Thanks.

Because it is a private home....Krystal is not giving out the address on social media.....she e mailed us the address when we knew we where coming....it just makes sense....don't want trouble makers lurking around.

HAPPYJOHN
09-02-2015, 07:36 PM
To All Who Can Help,

John, Congrats on your Spyder. I own a 2012 RT/SE and need some servicing to my Spyder in the near future. Does anyone in the Greenville area know of anyone/anywhere that can service Spyders other then Powersports on Wade Hampton? I need an oil change, back tire and they suggest that I need a 14K mile maintenance check for $1200. in addition to the charge for the tire. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks, John Maher Simpsonville. Call or text as well 864-380-1472

PS This is my first post(virgin) and not sure if it is only going to John's initial post or to all others in Greenville or SC

Cincarl
10-06-2015, 08:56 PM
Hi John, I just joined today, I am also in Greenville 😄

Claimbo
01-26-2017, 09:15 PM
To All Who Can Help,

John, Congrats on your Spyder. I own a 2012 RT/SE and need some servicing to my Spyder in the near future. Does anyone in the Greenville area know of anyone/anywhere that can service Spyders other then Powersports on Wade Hampton? I need an oil change, back tire and they suggest that I need a 14K mile maintenance check for $1200. in addition to the charge for the tire. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks, John Maher Simpsonville. Call or text as well 864-380-1472

PS This is my first post(virgin) and not sure if it is only going to John's initial post or to all others in Greenville or SC
Sorry I saw this post today. Go to Performance Powersports in Seneca. They are worth the drive. Great service. Not a rip off like Powersports. they suck! Also stay away from the US Spyder Ryders group i Greenville. Poorly run group with dangerous unsafe riders. Better to ryde alone than to put up with substandard people.

lwe6576
02-12-2017, 09:53 PM
I too am a new owner. Rode a Harley for a number of years until medical issues. Now I need to learn how to ride the Spyder. Rode my husband's a couple of times, but that was 3 years ago. Now I need someone who knows the Spyder to give me some lessons. My husband is laid up after having hip replacement surgery, so he can't help me at this point. I live in Easley, but not far from Cycle Gear or the Powersports where I bought the Spyder from.