PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle aphorism

tnfleming
12-07-2008, 11:15 AM
A man without a motorcycle is like a bird without wings.
---Confucius

Spyderman62
12-07-2008, 11:21 AM
only one thing worse than not having a motorcycle, having it and not being able to ride due to weather or health - Weather is my barrier today -

tatt2r
12-07-2008, 11:25 AM
A man without a motorcycle is like a bird without wings.
---Confucius

confucius said that?
it's snowing here in NH no spyder today ....very sad....:coffee:

johnboyjohn.pretious
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Your not saying your a woos are you???

lol !!:2thumbs:

docdoru
12-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Nice external fixator johnboyjohn.pretious, is it a Stryker?

tnfleming
12-07-2008, 11:38 AM
only one thing worse than not having a motorcycle, having it and not being able to ride due to weather or health - Weather is my barrier today -

i live in caseyville! at far oaks. i use heated clothes to ride in this weather.

tatt2r
12-07-2008, 11:49 AM
i live in caseyville! at far oaks. i use heated clothes to ride in this weather.

heat not the problem here snow is problem.....:coffee:

johnboyjohn.pretious
12-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi docdoru
Just a modification that my surgeon thought would look good while my shattered (40 plus pieces) knee got better. 'T' boned by a cager. Off now and back on the road on spyder. Old fools like me never learn.nojoke

LDFIREWORKS
12-07-2008, 12:52 PM
ITS 48 IN FLA TODAY AND RIDING IS GREAT, YOU GUYS SHOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT MOVING WHERE YOU CAN SPYDER AROUND ALL YEAR EVEN WHEN IT RAINS IT ONLY DOES FOR A FEW MINUTES SORRY GUYS:yikes::dontknow::clap::clap::clap:

Greg H.
12-07-2008, 02:02 PM
ITS 48 IN FLA TODAY AND RIDING IS GREAT, YOU GUYS SHOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT MOVING WHERE YOU CAN SPYDER AROUND ALL YEAR EVEN WHEN IT RAINS IT ONLY DOES FOR A FEW MINUTES SORRY GUYS:yikes::dontknow::clap::clap::clap:

Yeah... Oh! And, they just have a few hurricanes per year! No big deal! :yikes:

Now.... about that CAPS lock; :mad:

Bersquack
12-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Now.... about that CAPS lock; :mad:

I second that! It's annoying.:cus:

tatt2r
12-07-2008, 02:16 PM
I second that! It's annoying.:cus:

WHATS SO ANNOYING ABOUT CAP LOCKS ??? MAKES IT EASIER TO READ.... AND SHOWS EXCITEMENT .....o sorry .....:D:coffee:

Roaddog2
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
WHATS SO ANNOYING ABOUT CAP LOCKS ??? MAKES IT EASIER TO READ.... AND SHOWS EXCITEMENT .....o sorry .....:D:coffee:I AGREE :agree::agree: I AGREE nojoke

cisaacs
12-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Weather might be better in Florida but there is no curves. Everything seems to be flat and straight but I would take some flat straight roads right now if they was not covered with salt. I learned realquick after I traded the Spyder for 2 wheels that those small patches of salt on the edge of the road are not 2 wheel friendly. 20 deg here now and the roads are covered with loose salt after a near miss snow yesterday. Not even enough moisture to disolve the salt. I hope the economy picks up this year because cold winters are meant for traveling south to warm wather and riding. No money left this year to cover the cost of southern trips so I guess I will just have to work harder bfore next winter.

effgjamis
12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Weather might be better in Florida but there is no curves. Everything seems to be flat and straight but I would take some flat straight roads right now if they was not covered with salt. I learned realquick after I traded the Spyder for 2 wheels that those small patches of salt on the edge of the road are not 2 wheel friendly. 20 deg here now and the roads are covered with loose salt after a near miss snow yesterday. Not even enough moisture to disolve the salt. I hope the economy picks up this year because cold winters are meant for traveling south to warm wather and riding. No money left this year to cover the cost of southern trips so I guess I will just have to work harder bfore next winter.

So sad you no longer a :spyder: ryder... Don't let the salt get ya.:joke:

GeminiJane
12-07-2008, 09:52 PM

Come on Spyderman....I only live an hour south of you and though it was 22 degrees at 10:00 by 2:00 p.m. it was up to 29 degrees and feeling rather balmy (except for the wind). Put those long johns on and go for a ride!:2thumbs:

Spyderman62
12-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Come on Spyderman....I only live an hour south of you and though it was 22 degrees at 10:00 by 2:00 p.m. it was up to 29 degrees and feeling rather balmy (except for the wind). Put those long johns on and go for a ride!:2thumbs:
Damn I hate when I get shown up by a girl:yikes:......u r right! :yes: Ok, if it don't rain in the morning, I'll ride to work ( it aught to be about 23 ish or so at 6:00 in the morning when I leave. :b2b:

tnfleming
12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Damn I hate when I get shown up by a girl:yikes:......u r right! :yes: Ok, if it don't rain in the morning, I'll ride to work ( it aught to be about 23 ish or so at 6:00 in the morning when I leave. :b2b:

I wonder if spyder could be rigged to take engine heat through vents toward legs of rider. Seems possible given the panels.

Spyderman62
12-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Well it was cold enough to .......well anyway, I sure enjoyed the afternoon ride! Shame its raining today. :2thumbs: