PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine ; DPS Fail

sjcpanther
05-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Went out for a nice ryde yesterday, only to have it interrupted 3 times by the check engine light. I drive a 2012 RT SM5.

The first time it happened, check engine orange light comes on the screen. Never went into limp mode, but the gear indicator said E. That's never happened before. I didn't check for codes. I just thought it needed resetting, so I pulled over and let it reset.

All was fine for another 100 miles. Then the same thing happened, followed by Limp Mode. Pulled over again, and this time checked codes. What came up on the screen was 3 codes -- C0051 , U0122 , and C006C. I checked these with my Spyder app, but it doesn't do much good without knowing what to do to fix it. I let it reset, and continued on my way.

About 40 miles later, check engine orange screen comes on again. Tried to pull up codes, but nothing came up. Let it reset again, and continued on my way.

No problems the remainder of the ride home, about 75 miles.

My my plan is to take it in to the dealer to have it checked out.

Just curious if anyone has any comments or suggestions as to what might be going on.

bruiser
05-10-2015, 05:23 PM
How did it run when all this happened? Missing, sputtering, restricted RPM? BUDDS is the only way to go with this. It could be a number of things. First could be low voltage from the battery, poor battery/grounds connections. Worst case, a bad ECM or throttle body. What you describe is what happened to my wife's 2010 RTS and it turned out to be the throttle body. The throttle body is under warranty up to 18,300 miles if any other warranty is void.