PDA

View Full Version : TRIP !!!

Lew L
05-10-2015, 10:43 AM
We are leaving on a one week trip towards So. cal and then up the coast to Santa Cruz and then home. First long trip on the :spyder2:!!! It has less than 1000 miles on it but there isn't much freeway on this trip so I'll be varing speen alot. Espcially on Hyw. 1

Hoping that there is no----

Kaos

On our trip!!!!

ARtraveler
05-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Sounds like a great trip in the making. Please post some pictures. :thumbup:

finless
05-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Enjoy! Where are you starting out in SoCal?

Bob

Lew L
05-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Hi Finn,

Guess I wasn't clear----- left Reno this morning. made it to Bishop this afternoon. Leave for Solvang monday morning.It will be a bit of a tour for my wife who isn's used to that long of a trip. BUT--- she does much better on the :spyder2: than on either of the motorcycles be had purchased for touring. Schats bakery in Bishop is the BEST.

Kaos

PS: 37 MPG!!!

Lew L
05-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Well ----you can't get there form here!!!!!!!

Had to go well into Los Angels county to get up to Solvang. A little Danish style community off the Cal coast. The ride from Bishop,ca is clost to my wifes limit----must be 355 miles , but 100 as the crow flies. Mountains, desert, Hwy 5:yikes:, and the pacific coast Hwy. Actually she said she could go more cause the :spyder2: is so comfortable.

So far there has been no:

Kaos on this trip.

Chupaca
05-11-2015, 05:49 PM
We love Solvang, stay there when headed up that way been going there since the early 90's. We are here in San Diego lets us know if you get to the real SoCal...:roflblack:

Lew L
05-11-2015, 06:08 PM
No offense Gene but,

Left the big City for cooler climes and good skiing. Couldn't stand the traffic ( 20+ hrs/day) and the gangs.
The mountains above Reno,Nv are just great for us. Have some land and good neighbors. 12 minutes to a great ski resort, and the "Biggest little City" if I really need to be in it.

Kaos