PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!

spidarida
05-09-2015, 09:49 PM
has anyone had a problem with growling sound coming off from right side front wheel from thier 2009 roadster ? I took it in to the dealership last aug they said that it could be the brakes so I had front and rear brakes both replaced but the problem is still there ( very annoying ) I called BRP they suggested taking it in again and have the dealer do aproper diognosis. I m cocerned for my safety.

BajaRon
05-09-2015, 11:32 PM
Growling can be so many different things it's difficult to diagnose from just that information. If it is brakes the growling should change tone, volume when applied as to not applied. I would think you might also get a pull to one side or the other when applying the brakes if there were a big problem.

Having someone ride it that knows what they are doing is probably your best bet.

Mr. Duece
05-10-2015, 12:09 AM
I'd start by jacking the ride side up and shake and spin that wheel. Possible bearing failing. If it's a bearing you should pick up the growl by spinning the wheel If your not sure what normal is compare it to the left side. Hope this helps.
I wouldn't ride much until you know for sure.

Saluda
05-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Doesn't sound like that dealer was too sharp.

SPYD3R
05-10-2015, 05:08 PM
sounds like a wheel bearing to me.....:gaah: i can hear it from here...
dp

Bob Denman
05-10-2015, 05:17 PM
I'd also be looking at the wheel bearings, and the brake caliper...
(Your pads may just need replacing, or the pins that hold the pads in place could be all gunked-up; preventing free movement...)

Bfromla
05-10-2015, 11:37 PM
Look in fender well make sure nothing is rubbing. If not bearings are unforgiving DO NOT TEMP FATE! Can easily lock up & loose control or sheer off completely & end up as a news report. Find certified dealer & use roadside program to get there safe. Let us know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spidarida
05-13-2015, 07:24 PM
to all who replied, THANK YOU for taking the time . What I don't understand is that I have already taken it in to a certified dealer who has worked on it and said that they thought it could be the brakes so I have got brand new brakes and I haven't ridden it much since than (last aug) . I am very confused because they had also said that the first generation spyders had that issue, you would think that they would have found the bearing problem at the time they replaced the brakes because I had taken it in and told them about the noise than. It seems like I've gotten ripped off !!:mad:

wiredgeorge
05-13-2015, 07:30 PM
As already mentioned, lift the front and turn the wheel over by hand. If it is bearings, you will feel binding on the side the noise is coming from.

Motorcycledave
05-13-2015, 07:39 PM
I have the same spyder, first I would jack up the front and spin the wheels
to see if the sound is there... it sounds like you are describing a wheel bearing
problem but it could be something else. I believe I would use a different dealer
if you find it is wheel bearings, for the repairs and I would present the bill to the first
dealer via the small clames court system if they fail to refund the money since they did
an unnessessary brake replacement repair.
Good Luck
Dave

OTE=spidarida;976175]to all who replied, THANK YOU for taking the time . What I don't understand is that I have already taken it in to a certified dealer who has worked on it and said that they thought it could be the brakes so I have got brand new brakes and I haven't ridden it much since than (last aug) . I am very confused because they had also said that the first generation spyders had that issue, you would think that they would have found the bearing problem at the time they replaced the brakes because I had taken it in and told them about the noise than. It seems like I've gotten ripped off !!:mad:[/QUOTE]