PDA

View Full Version : not a snowmobile

tnfleming
12-06-2008, 12:06 PM
got up this morning to snow-dusted roads. no way can drive spyder on snow!!! major fish-tailing!!! people say they drive on snow but my experience is opposite! back end fish-tails easily even low throttle!

Roaddog2
12-06-2008, 07:00 PM
I think they mean they ride once it has snowed and the roads are cleared and dry again at least that is what I do:thumbup:

NancysToy
12-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I think they mean they ride once it has snowed and the roads are cleared and dry again at least that is what I do:thumbup:
That would be nice. It has at least spit snow here every day for the last 20 days, with no end in sight. Afraid the driveway is irretrievably iced over. Looks like the Spyder fix will have to wait for Spring now. Rats!
-Scotty

Roaddog2
12-06-2008, 07:51 PM
That would be nice. It has at least spit snow here every day for the last 20 days, with no end in sight. Afraid the driveway is irretrievably iced over. Looks like the Spyder fix will have to wait for Spring now. Rats!
-ScottyI feel for ya were winding down here also but Im coastal CT.
so some times we luck out :doorag:

Donzo
12-06-2008, 08:14 PM
We have been lucky here in NorCal - lots of sun - kind of cold - mid 40s-50s. Went for a 200 mile ride today with my motorcycle group - great time! At least 3 of the guys on this ride want to buy a spyder after seeing how it performed today!
As far as snow......I will take out my Can-am Outlander 800 -- not the Spyder..... :>)

hondaman
12-06-2008, 08:27 PM
had to ride home in the snow from work.Now have to clean off the salt in the morning.

tnfleming
12-07-2008, 12:01 AM
had to ride home in the snow from work.Now have to clean off the salt in the morning.

How did it handle in snow?

SpydeeBite2
12-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Have the :spyder:loaded on the trailer as we will be moving to Florida the middle of January. Can't wait.:yes:

effgjamis
12-07-2008, 03:01 AM
Have the :spyder:loaded on the trailer as we will be moving to Florida the middle of January. Can't wait.:yes:

You didn't say where in FL, but it doesn't matter, welcome .

Cundiffla
12-07-2008, 08:44 AM

Welcome to Florida "I KNOW ITS EARLY" but if you're in Jacksonville hollar we'll get a couple of Spyders together and Ride around. Maybe it'll turn some heads.

welcome

bjt
12-07-2008, 09:16 AM
got up this morning to snow-dusted roads. no way can drive spyder on snow!!! major fish-tailing!!! people say they drive on snow but my experience is opposite! back end fish-tails easily even low throttle!

How did it handle in snow?

I rode in the snow once before also. Same as hondaman, left for work with clear roads and got snowfall, about a half inch, while at work so I had to ride home in that. The Spyder handled just as you detailed. I had to baby it home most of the way as almost any snowy road patches caused the rear tire to break loose. If there is snow or ice on the roads, I don't ride. If there is snow on the ground but the roads are clear, I'll consider riding as long as the forecast doesn't call for any snow while I'm out.

frleo
12-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Ever since I installed my F1 EIII Slider windscreen, it has snowed almost every day. This morning (Sun. 7th) we have moderate snow falling with 20mph wind. The temp is 24F. spYdie will remain in the cave.

---leo---

tnfleming
12-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Ever since I installed my F1 EIII Slider windscreen, it has snowed almost every day. This morning (Sun. 7th) we have moderate snow falling with 20mph wind. The temp is 24F. spYdie will remain in the cave.

---leo---

per your recommendation i ordered F1 shutters; waiting for delivery. was the installation difficult? can a lazy moron do it?

frleo
12-07-2008, 01:37 PM
per your recommendation i ordered F1 shutters; waiting for delivery. was the installation difficult? can a lazy moron do it?

I hope I didn't mislead you. I have NOT purchased the shutters, though I intend to do so.
In my conversation with Marcel, he told me shutters are a 5 minute job and not difficult.
He also told me that they are very effective in redirecting windstream away from rYder.
Let me know how they work for you.

---leo---