PDA

View Full Version : anyone here going to Spyder Clutter in PA next week?

SpyderCruiser
05-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Hello all,
Anyone here going to the Spyder Clutter event in PA next week? http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/events/218670411/

Meg and I will be leaving NJ mid morning to head there. Any thoughts on the best route there (to avoid traffic) would be appreciated as we never have been out that way.

Thanks,
Louie and Meg

Charlottes Web
05-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Yes but I live in NE Pa. So I can't help you. I can tell you it's a nice weekend and people are very nice. I'm going Thursday afternoon.
Christine

Dan McNally
05-09-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm a member of MSW, but have a conflict and can't make it . . . really disappointed. I guarantee that you will have fun with those folks . . . a really great group!

DrewNJ
05-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Where are you coming from? I'm in South Jersey, the Cherry Hill area. We ride out to the Lancaster/Reading area all the time. A very nice simple ride out that way is 322. If your going through Jersey just stay on 322, cross the CB bridge, deal with 95 for a short bit. Once you go through Concordville and then past West Chester your golden (where 322 and 202 split). There is a short stretch of 2 lane that goes on the east side of West Chester....I hate highways. Stay on 322 :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
05-09-2015, 07:49 PM
What an interesting name for an event. I have some Spyder clutter in my garage. :roflblack:

ThreeWheels
05-10-2015, 04:48 AM
I'll be going. I'll head down through NJ and out rt 78 to Allentown, down to Reading and then to New Holland.
Here's the route I took last time.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107259&stc=1

SpyderCruiser
05-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Where are you coming from? I'm in South Jersey, the Cherry Hill area. We ride out to the Lancaster/Reading area all the time. A very nice simple ride out that way is 322. If your going through Jersey just stay on 322, cross the CB bridge, deal with 95 for a short bit. Once you go through Concordville and then past West Chester your golden (where 322 and 202 split). There is a short stretch of 2 lane that goes on the east side of West Chester....I hate highways. Stay on 322 :thumbup:

Hi Drew,
Thanks for the tip. We will be leaving from Tuckerton.

SpyderCruiser
05-10-2015, 08:23 PM
What an interesting name for an event. I have some Spyder clutter in my garage. :roflblack:

LOL! :D Yes, we have Spyder Clutter in our garage as well (and uninstalled Farkles),

SpyderCruiser
05-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Yes but I live in NE Pa. So I can't help you. I can tell you it's a nice weekend and people are very nice. I'm going Thursday afternoon.
Christine

We will look forward to meeting you there.:f_spider:

Highwayman2013
05-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Christine
Good to see you on here Christine, we'll be back in Pa mid June to sell our house.

DrewNJ
05-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Hi Drew,
Thanks for the tip. We will be leaving from Tuckerton.
Nice! We have a house on LBI so I ride that area all the time. 653 to 542 past Crowley's Landing and then work your way over to 322.
Unless your into highways then obviously the ACE.

We ride a nice loop 532 539 all the time. Great riding!
Great Bay Blvd is some fun scenery out to the old stink house!...haha

DrewNJ
05-10-2015, 09:54 PM

SpyderCruiser
05-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Nice! We have a house on LBI so I ride that area all the time. 653 to 542 past Crowley's Landing and then work your way over to 322.
Unless your into highways then obviously the ACE.

We ride a nice loop 532 539 all the time. Great riding!
Great Bay Blvd is some fun scenery out to the old stink house!...haha

Going to map it out to see which route we will take.

Have done the same loop as you with our Vulcan many times, surprised we have not met each other. We will have to make it a point to go riding together some time when you are in the area.

I had to laugh when I saw the picture of the ramp to Rutgers you posted. Back in the 70's there was a 200 foot tower at the site. I was working for the summer as a electrician. My job was to run conduit up the tower. It was fun with all the greenheads, Lol.

SpyderCruiser
05-11-2015, 07:40 PM
I'll be going. I'll head down through NJ and out rt 78 to Allentown, down to Reading and then to New Holland.
Here's the route I took last time.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107259&stc=1

Wow, you have a longer ride then we will! will look forward to meeting you there.