PDA

View Full Version : spyderfest 2015 drag racing and recap

SethO
05-09-2015, 05:13 AM
I would say that of all the spyderfest's ( I have been to every one) this one by far had the best weather, it was balmy 28 degrees monday morning in the twin cities but we waited till it was in the 40's went and saw jim in tiffin ,IA and came down to get right into it.

The first big change I thought about on the way back is how with the great weather I did not get to converse with the vast group that is at spyderfest, which is good in the fact that everyone was riding for them most part and bad because I only see some people once a year at this event.

Len and Vanessa have improved vastly with the organization of the now 5 day event and with the help of old and new friends it seems to go even better, I was asked to help with a group ride and cut out of fishing early to go with on the route and help out mike(somewhat) with his loose front lug nuts.

The group ride that joy and I did had some issues but I am exceeding pleased to have the danZ with (dan P from NC and Dan E from MI) the helped out with a group split and we all talked about how to improve the ride for different riding styles next year.

I can not say enough about the volunteer help I got with the drag race I helped with , Joe P, Kevin S, Wayne P, Deb P , Butch A, Paula A, Heather A, Lilly, mo lee, dan R, Belinda R and I am sure I am forgetting a few were all thrown together on short notice and I believe we did the best we could and have some great Ideas for next year.

In closing I had a busy but great time with everyone and hopefully the group of people that help to make the event grows every year into even bigger dysfunctional, loud ,fun families of hooligans

ARtraveler
05-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Thank you for your update. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Mowrey6
05-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Thank you and everyone who helped out at Spyderfest. This was our first year to come and it was a lot of fun. We met a lot of wonderful people. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to make this a great event. We will be there next year.