Spyder rally Myrtle Beach ?

tobor9
05-08-2015, 11:21 AM
What about it? it's over.

rays hell
05-08-2015, 08:05 PM

The rally was supposed to last through Fri. but when I arrived on Wed. everybody had packed up and gone .
without so much as a thanks for coming or here's your badge and lanyard to enjoy the discount / events planned.
I'm a little miffed.

SDM
05-09-2015, 06:40 AM
The rally was supposed to last through Fri. but when I arrived on Wed. everybody had packed up and gone .
without so much as a thanks for coming or here's your badge and lanyard to enjoy the discount / events planned.
I'm a little miffed.

Tropical storm alert for SC and especially the Myrtle Beach area and up the coast. Vendors left Wed. They supposedly had the finale party under the pier last night.

SpyderAnn01
05-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Weather happens, I understand that, but to not put out an announcement that you are ending the rally early is pretty bogus.

blacklightning
05-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Weather happens, I understand that, but to not put out an announcement that you are ending the rally early is pretty bogus.
There were numerous announcements on facebook about it ending early because of the weather, but in reality, it was over well before that. Myself, and 4 other spyders rode down on Tuesday, and there was really not much going on. I was told that a some had ridden down to Charleston for a day ride, but I still expected more. Overall, I was a little disappointed, but the 6 hour round trip ride, with friends made it all good. I will be willing to give the rally in October in the N.C. mountains a try, but not this one. I was told that next year that they would combine it with Harley bike week in Myrtle. That makes it a no go alltogether for me. Don't really want or need to be in that type of environment. JMHO.

rays hell
05-09-2015, 10:28 PM
I think the hosts should have at least stayed until the rally was over as posted and greeted anyone coming in Tue -Fri.
And let them know what was happening.
Not all of us are on FB, but the hosts did have everyone's e-mail and could have sent out an apology or at very least left word with the folks at
Red Line which didn't happen either.

YIRYDE
05-10-2015, 12:30 AM
The majority of the riders were there Friday thru Sunday departed on Monday and some on Tuesday. I had a good time and glad that I went during the first weekend; BRP was there offering demo rides and the weather was great. If it takes place next year during Harley week, I will not be attending.

rays hell
05-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Yes, they did leave word with Redline ... but they live in a motorhome home full time doing a "Kids Ministry" and they had to batten down the hatches and find a campground to go to, until it all blew over ... emails were sent ... also they were at the party on Friday and gave out patches and pins to make up for the weather ... Where were you?

At the host hotel{Clarion} where nobody knew anything or had answers to any questions.

BAL50
05-10-2015, 07:28 PM
The date for next years rally inside a rally I won't be attending because it's during that week . SMH

BikerDoc
05-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Four times I have gone to Spyderfest when the weather was worse than it was in SC and not one time was Spyderfest cancelled... You have to ask yourself "was the weather just an excuse to cancel for poor turnout?"

danlnc
05-11-2015, 10:20 AM
I was there Sat thru Tues. All I can say is it was not my cup of tea. We won't be attending again and had reservations for the rally in the Smokies but changed our minds after Myrtle. We have experienced more botherhood at Kickstand Lodge with a more generic biker crowd. I don't want to put anybody off but we found the group standoffish.

Kelly1952
05-11-2015, 02:57 PM
I was there Sat thru Tues. All I can say is it was not my cup of tea. We won't be attending again and had reservations for the rally in the Smokies but changed our minds after Myrtle. We have experienced more botherhood at Kickstand Lodge with a more generic biker crowd. I don't want to put anybody off but we found the group standoffish.

The Rally in Fontana is a BRP sponsored event and should be a lot better, we hope. Myself and 3 others were suppose to go t
o Myrtle Beach on Thursday, the 7th thru the 10th, but received a phone call from a friend that was already there and he said it was a HUGE BUST, hardly any vendors and most were leaving, and most of the Spyders were leaving out as well and rides were very unorganized !!!!! So we cancelled out our reservations and headed else where, and had a GREAT time just the 4 of us!!!!!! We are hoping Fontana is going to be a lot better!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

wengerda
05-12-2015, 08:08 AM
Anyone can provide me with feedback for the Can Am Dealer in Myrtle Beach? (Redline Powersports). I am leaving to bike week (regular) this Wed (13th). I contacted this dealer and they DO laser alignments to Spyders. I am interested to have a laser alignment done on my bike. Thank you in advance for your feedback.