PDA

View Full Version : BajaRon anti-sway bar question

wiredgeorge
05-07-2015, 10:07 AM
The BajaRon website says new Heim joints are included for kits on 2013 and new models. I have a 2010. Do I need or better said, should I buy new Heim joints for a 2010? Not sure what the purpose of those things are or how much they are needed. Words of wisdom are appreciated.

Chupaca
05-07-2015, 10:13 AM
they connect the swaybar to the A arms. The stock joints are composite and there were some faulty ones. The aluminum ones Ron has are better considering you are beefing up the bar and stifening the handling. If your bar does not come with them I would order them. It is a choice, the oem ones do work fine and if your a calm crusing ryder no problem...:thumbup:

trikermutha
05-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Contact BAJARON on this web site he can tell you what you need and ships fast :yes:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?23928-New-sponsor-here-for-Filters-amp-Helmets

finless
05-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Just my 2 cents. Long before Ron came out with the new metal links, people were adding the sway bar with out reports of broken links. Later in 2013, BRP had some bad links and there is even a notice about them and how to identify the bad links. I can see why Ron added the links to the bar for 2013 and up due to this bad link problem and users not knowing about it.

I have a 2011 RTS and put the bar on right away. While I have the metal links in hand, I just have not put them on yet. Needless to say, I have not broken my plastic links in 14,000 miles and lots of twisty roads riding 2 up.

With that said, I think you are OK with the plastic ones for your 2010 but if you want piece of mind, get the metal ones.

Bob

SpyderAnn01
05-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Just my 2 cents. Long before Ron came out with the new metal links, people were adding the sway bar with out reports of broken links. Later in 2013, BRP had some bad links and there is even a notice about them and how to identify the bad links. I can see why Ron added the links to the bar for 2013 and up due to this bad link problem and users not knowing about it.

I have a 2011 RTS and put the bar on right away. While I have the metal links in hand, I just have not put them on yet. Needless to say, I have not broken my plastic links in 14,000 miles and lots of twisty roads riding 2 up.

With that said, I think you are OK with the plastic ones for your 2010 but if you want piece of mind, get the metal ones.

Bob

The dimensions of the bar are different on the 2013 and newer.

finless
05-07-2015, 11:06 AM
The dimensions of the bar are different on the 2013 and newer.

Understand but what has that to do with the bad links?

Bob

Bob Denman
05-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Perhaps the newer suspension is loading the bar more? :dontknow:
For the record: I put the new links on my 2014, and am still running the oem bar. ;)

Ex-Rocket
05-07-2015, 12:02 PM
I have a 2015 RTS so the links came with the swaybar. I just changed out the OEM links for peace of mind. It does make a big difference in handling.

Lew L
05-07-2015, 01:11 PM
When I replaced the factory anti-sway bar with the heavier duty BajaRon bar i was suprised to see Plastic Bar end links. 'Wouldn't have plastic parts like that on my car or truck. Don't care for plastic guns either. Ya,Ya , I know that modern plastic is far better than the stuff from the 60's. But I like my steel and aluminum (and Mag. an Ti)

Kaos

Marker
05-07-2015, 01:35 PM
When I replaced the factory anti-sway bar with the heavier duty BajaRon bar i was suprised to see Plastic Bar end links. 'Wouldn't have plastic parts like that on my car or truck. Don't care for plastic guns either. Ya,Ya , I know that modern plastic is far better than the stuff from the 60's. But I like my steel and aluminum (and Mag. an Ti)

Kaos

Just had the dealer install the Lamonster sway bar and new heim joints on my 2015RT I could not believe how small the OEM sway bar and heim joints are compared to the new ones.

bmwlarry
05-07-2015, 05:34 PM
I just installed mine this morning. WOW! not for the faint of heart. It was a bear to get the bolts thru the bushings but it is done now. Ride is better but not as dramatic as the one I put on my 2011 RT.

Netminder
05-07-2015, 05:42 PM
they connect the swaybar to the A arms. The stock joints are composite and there were some faulty ones. The aluminum ones Ron has are better considering you are beefing up the bar and stifening the handling. If your bar does not come with them I would order them. It is a choice, the oem ones do work fine and if your a calm crusing ryder no problem...:thumbup:
This is the reason I put them on. Stronger bar, stronger links. Peace of mind.:doorag::thumbup:

Kawboy
05-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. I bought a 2014 RT-S this spring, and I gotta tell you I was not happy at all with the handling for the first thousand miles. I ordered the Bajaron sway bar and the shock adjusters and installed them as soon as they arrived. I am as happy as a pig in poop now. I can actually take a corner without the puckerfactor hitting the top of the scale. BRP should Pay Ron a ton for saving their customers.

Bob Denman
05-07-2015, 06:45 PM
:agree: :2thumbs:

:welcome:

TravelNMan
05-07-2015, 07:06 PM
I plan on installing mine this weekend. I hope its not too difficult.

Dan McNally
05-07-2015, 07:13 PM
IMHO, if going to the Baja Ron Sway Bar, put on the after market heim joints, too. The plastic, stock joints were designed for the forces generated by the stock sway bar, and the Baja Ron Sway Bar is stiffer, and might, in some cases, exceed the design specs of the plastic heim joints. . . they are not terribly expensive and it is better to be safe, than sorry . . . they look better, too!

TravelNMan
05-07-2015, 07:43 PM
I have a 2014 RT Limited so they came with the bar.

retired1
05-07-2015, 08:10 PM
I have a 2014 RT Limited so they came with the bar.

All Spyders come from the factory with a anti sway bar. None have the Ron Bar as standard factory installed.