PDA

View Full Version : Locking Ram Mount

eddieshep999
05-06-2015, 09:23 AM
I know many Spyder owners use Ram mounts to secure their equipment

This information was posted to me by a UK Supplier - Not sure if it's available on your side of the pond, But it may well be worth
investigating the part no maybe just the one used by the UK Supplier, So you may need to contact your usual Ram supplier for details

If you use Ram Mounts, then you need this simple, cheap effective locking gizmo!

RAM Anti-Tamper

If you use RAM parts, you need this! Prevent easy removal of your Ram secured items using this fantastic (And Cheap!) mod from RAM:-)

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/758c70b5da199cfd907771c6f/images/f779399d-71ba-4ff7-8e60-d9acfd46a868.jpg

The RAP-S-KNOB3 consists of a 1/4"-20 female threaded security knob and key knob. The RAP-S-KNOB3 replaces all knobs on 1" diameter B size arms and mounts. It offers the ideal amount of leverage to properly tighten your mount to prevent slippage in heavy chop or in extreme vibration environments. With an emphasis on aesthetics and function, the RAP-S-KNOB3 is low in profile and only adds a small amount of additional bulk to your system when compared to the standard knob included. At a fraction of the cost of currently available keyed locking knobs, the additional peace of mind and tamper resistance comes at a very affordable price. The RAP-S-KNOB3 is the perfect accessory for keeping your mounted electronic device safe from theft and tampering.

wyliec
05-06-2015, 10:31 AM
I have the locking mechanism from RAM; but, it is a huge knob with a key lock. I like the one you've shown much better.

whiteyron
05-06-2015, 10:33 AM
http://www.gpscheap.com/pm-95593-107-ram-mounts-rap-s-knob3-5u-unpkd-ram-security-knob-b-size-key-5.aspx

Chupaca
05-06-2015, 11:40 AM
but seems it only protects the neck assembly. Most go-pro's, phones and gps clip on to the neck. When you remove them not much interest in the neck alone. This is a nice clean set up, does one patteren fit all..?? :dontknow:

finless
05-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Not to be negative but trust me that if I wanted something sitting on a RAM mount, pretty sure with a good yank I can be off with it. If all the RAM parts were made of steal, then you might have something that cannot be ripped off.

Bob