PDA

View Full Version : Best product to wash and detail with.

Chkraz
05-05-2015, 09:47 PM
I am wondering what are the best products to use to wash and detail my Spyder? What do you find works well?

Cruzr Joe
05-05-2015, 09:57 PM
I am wondering what are the best products to use to wash and detail my Spyder? What do you find works well?

LaMonsters Black Dymond Detailer seems to be really good for both wash and wax.

Cruzr ileriler

Chupaca
05-05-2015, 09:58 PM
wash as you would your car (by hand). Have been using Plexus, Protect-all and pledge but recently ordered Lamont's detailer to see how it does...:thumbup:

cptjam
05-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Wash with a good quality car soap, rinse with plenty of water. Dry, then detail. Just tried Lamont's Black Diamond. Works great! The big element is elbow grease!

M109Dreamer
05-05-2015, 11:37 PM
I use Car Wash and Lucas Slick Mist between wax's.

happyspyder2039
05-05-2015, 11:45 PM
I am wondering what are the best products to use to wash and detail my Spyder? What do you find works well?meguiers car wash & plexus for windshield.also used brp wash kit.

Larry rt
05-06-2015, 06:36 AM
After hand washing I use plexus, great shine!

murphybrown
05-06-2015, 06:45 AM
And I will be on that project tomorrow afternoon....then I will be using McGuire's (spelling???) paste wax on my newly done Sue Hopper painting. After a couple paste wax applications I am looking forward to using the Lamont detail "stuff" I picked up at Spyderfest.
I also use my leaf blower (i quit doing yard work when I start ryding..so gotta use that for something!!) to blow dry Studley the Spyder and trailer....then finish off with me in the porch swing admiring how "pretty he is" when sparkling clean!!! :bowdown::clap:

Commander
05-06-2015, 06:51 AM
I use Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish...

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
05-06-2015, 06:53 AM
hydro gloss spray wax is the best & easiest to wax to apply that i have used

SpyderDon
05-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Murphy, I thought the leaf blower was my idea. I found it difficult to get water out of some places on mine and the thought struck me that car washes have powerful blowers that assist in removal of water. Sooooo, I fired up my faithful leaf blower and blew it out of the mirrors and off the bike then wiped it down as usual. Makes the job much quicker and less water spot after you think you've done a good job.

AY4B
05-06-2015, 08:28 AM
I dont even get a bucket out. Rinse with a hose, soap down with a soft microfiber cloth, Rinse, blow with leaf blower, Then I detail it with a clean microfiber cloth.
Costco sells them cheep.

opiewhan
05-06-2015, 08:48 AM

Meguiars makes some good stuff.. A must for me is the Meguiars PlastX for windshield and all lights, well heck the whole bike is plastic I guess you could do the whole bike:dontknow:.. I use it sparingly as its not cheap but does clean-up and polish plastic (windshield) good.. Other than that I use a spray wax its easy and quick.. My bike never gets dirty enough to wash..:2thumbs::2thumbs:

AY4B
05-06-2015, 08:53 AM
I use rainX on my windshield. They make it for plastic now.
https://www.rainx.com/product/plastic-water-repellent/rain-x-plastic-water-repellent/

gman214
05-06-2015, 09:09 AM
I spray the entire bike(except seat) with Turtle Wax's Bug and Tar Remover. After a couple of minutes wipe clean with a microfiber cloth. Then buff lightly with a clean microfiber cloth. Use Simple Green for the seat, tire and wheel areas. My finish is matte but it comes out a nice clean shiny look.

Pirate looks at --
05-06-2015, 09:17 AM
We soak a bunch of towels in hot water and then apply them to the bike and let it soak. All. The bugs and gunk just slide right off. No need for any detergent at all. The. We hit it with plexus for a brilliant shine:yes::yes:

stillriding
05-06-2015, 10:39 AM
I use rainX on my windshield. They make it for plastic now.
https://www.rainx.com/product/plastic-water-repellent/rain-x-plastic-water-repellent/ And speaking of RainX repellant for plastic, it only took 17-days to receive my rebate check.