PDA

View Full Version : Hood (trunk) Latch Mod (Spring)

powerbyaj
12-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Permanent solution for keeping the hood ajar after opening.

BRPjunkie
12-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Permanent solution for keeping the hood ajar after opening.

There have been at least four variations on this theme for popping the trunk and I'm waiting to see which one BRP picks for future Spyders. When you have owners doing design work for you, you wait for the best one and use it.

NancysToy
12-04-2008, 07:37 PM
There have been at least four variations on this theme for popping the trunk and I'm waiting to see which one BRP picks for future Spyders. When you have owners doing design work for you, you wait for the best one and use it.
Gee, if they pick mine do I get a free T-shirt? LOL
-Scotty

retread
12-04-2008, 08:19 PM
No, Scotty, you have to send them one.:joke:

john

BRPjunkie
12-04-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm sure no one has filed for a patent on their trunk spring designs or even if they are patentable, but if BRP is not paying attention to one of the easiest, cheapest and best functional ideas then I they are not listening to owners. Maybe I'll file for a patent for my remote trunk release design for those times when you lock your key in the trunk. On second thought, I'm sure a piece of wire with a metal loop on the end would not qualify for a patent.

NancysToy
12-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Maybe I'll file for a patent for my remote trunk release design for those times when you lock your key in the trunk. On second thought, I'm sure a piece of wire with a metal loop on the end would not qualify for a patent.
Mine's a little fancier, I ran the cable through a length of poly tube, for a sheath. Surely that is worth a T-shirt. LOL
-Scotty

BRPjunkie
12-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Mine's a little fancier, I ran the cable through a length of poly tube, for a sheath. Surely that is worth a T-shirt. LOL
-Scotty

It's winter here in Michigan; I'd hold out for a sweat shirt.