PDA

View Full Version : Grille (Wire Mesh) Removal

Bogie
05-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Hello Spyder Lovers,
Does anyone know how easy (or difficult) it is to remove the
wire mesh grilles in front of the radiators on an RT?
I would like to replace them with a custom grille that I plan on making.

Thanks,
Bogie

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-06-2015, 12:51 AM
Hello Spyder Lovers,
Does anyone know how easy (or difficult) it is to remove the
wire mesh grilles in front of the radiators on an RT?
I would like to replace them with a custom grille that I plan on making.

Thanks,
Bogie

:yikes:.....OMG....I just did this and I can tell you , if you want to do it correctly after you remove the " FRUNK " assembly ( this is the easy part ).....in order to get those " GRIILS " out you will have to dis-assemble almost all of the separate pieces of the " frunk " the get to the reverse facing bolts that hold the screens in place ..........When BRP puts the " frunk " together I believe they start with the grills being fastened then they fasten everything else afterwards. I recently decided to make my own " KOTT STYLE " grills,( which are removeable ) because I wanted to be to clean the RADIATORS of all the DRIED bugs fastened there........and the only other way is to remove the entire " frunk ".........What I ended up doing was cutting the OEM grills out / off and using them for MY DIY " KOTT STYLE " grills..........( removal; was not easy either )...............Good Luck.....Mike :thumbup:

Bogie
05-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Mike,
Thanks for letting me know what a job it would be.
I think I will take the easy way and just make a template that fits in front of the mesh to make my piece.
I will just attach it to the mesh from installation.
Thanks again!
Bogie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Mike,
Thanks for letting me know what a job it would be.
I think I will take the easy way and just make a template that fits in front of the mesh to make my piece.
I will just attach it to the mesh from installation.
Thanks again!
Bogie

:yikes::yikes::yikes:...........To bad you weren't at Spyderfest......I actually brought a " TEMPLATE " with me , for making the KOTT style grills. It took me quite awhile to get it perfect......I also have a metal template for the 3-D style Carbon Graphic " stick-on " that goes onto the RT windshield to hide the dirt that is hard to clean..............PS , if you send me a stamped self addressed envelope I'll make a copy of my " TEMPLATE " and send it to you. It took me about 4 hours to make it. :gaah:

Bogie
05-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Mike,
That would be great, send me an address to mail it to.
Regards,
Ron

Cruzr Joe
05-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Or you could just order the KOTT Grills from Spyderpops with all the installation hardware and instructions, Spyderpops grills are Stainless Steel with the rubber edges so you don't scratch your paint. Spyderpops is a contributing vendor to this forum, and KOTT Grills are his design.

Cruzr Joe

Bogie
05-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Thanks Cruzr,
I am working on something entirely different the will " glow" and be creepy looking.
That's why I need the pattern.
If it turns out good I'll post pics!
Bogie