PDA

View Full Version : Removing Stock Backseat for RTS

wengerda
05-05-2015, 06:45 AM
How do I remove the seat bolt. I am installing a backrest and I have to remove the seat out. I did look at U-Tube videos without success. I do know how to remove the shock bolt but not the bolt that hold the seat in the back. Any help it is appreciated. Thanks.

Bob Denman
05-05-2015, 06:57 AM
It's a bit tight back there... :shocked:
I have heard it suggested, that removing the passenger backrest does give you a bit more "wiggle room", to get to the bolt.

:lecturef_smilie: DON'T forget to plug up all of those holes under the seat... nojoke

jcthorne
05-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Remove the passenger backrest. 3 torx bolts in the forward wall of the trunk come out, two small torx screws at top only need loosened a bit. back rest pulls forward easily. Once that is off, you have easy access to the rear bolts for the seat from on top. Be sure to tape off the holes below the bolts or they WILL fall into never never land. I usually tape the nut in place in its slot and it makes re-assembly much easier.

2Paw
05-05-2015, 09:19 AM
here is a link to the ultimate seat site, a video shows install but also removal

Purple Guy
05-05-2015, 02:40 PM
here is a link to the ultimate seat site, a video shows install but also removal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txlAcupTzI0