bigsmoke
05-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Anyone going anywhere today

Too bad I have a social engagement today, but next Sunday we can
ride and meet somewhere, Kent maybe.
I ride out of Norwalk.

Chupaca
05-03-2015, 09:56 AM
Into the hills of Southern California..!! wanna come..?? :roflblack::roflblack: have a great ryde...:thumbup:

Vidman
05-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Wish I had seen this earlier this AM I would have made arrangements with you.

Went to "The Vanilla Bean" in Pomfret for lunch at 2. About 150 mile round trip for us, a Triglide and a CVO Ultra. Guess which bike was stared at the most???? :)

Hope you were able to get out. Keep in touch.

ARtraveler
05-03-2015, 07:26 PM
We did 225 miles this weekend on million dollar scenery roads. Mostly sunny and temps hovering around 60. :yes:

ST888s
05-03-2015, 07:36 PM
If anyone goes to the greater Putnam/Pomfret area you could try Coriander's on Route 198 Eastford. I think the food is much much better than the Vanilla Bean. It's smaller, and usually less crowded. Parking is a bit weird, but on Sundays you can park in the post office parking lot across the street.

Additionally We Li Kit ice cream on Route 97 in Abbington (Pomfret) is really good too. They make the waffle bowls and cones to order, so you get them when they're still warm.

Sorry I missed the post earlier in the day, we went on a ride around the Barkhamsted Reservoir. Great ride, if only I could have gotten my GPS to work for more than about 10 miles at a time... :banghead:

Vidman
05-05-2015, 10:27 AM
If anyone goes to the greater Putnam/Pomfret area you could try Coriander's on Route 198 Eastford. I think the food is much much better than the Vanilla Bean. It's smaller, and usually less crowded. Parking is a bit weird, but on Sundays you can park in the post office parking lot across the street.

Additionally We Li Kit ice cream on Route 97 in Abbington (Pomfret) is really good too. They make the waffle bowls and cones to order, so you get them when they're still warm.

Sorry I missed the post earlier in the day, we went on a ride around the Barkhamsted Reservoir. Great ride, if only I could have gotten my GPS to work for more than about 10 miles at a time... :banghead:

Thanks for the info. It was the first time for the 5 of us in the Pomfret area. We are from central CT. We know the Barkhamsted area well. We tend to go west and I am getting a bit tired of the same scenery so elected to try East this past weekend.

JIM EVANS
05-05-2015, 05:31 PM
we were at the vanilla bean on sat.. went into ri and ma on sunday... have been to the rest on 198 several times alway park in the post office :)
this weekend looks good prob go out around 11 on sat earlier on sunday i am in the northeast corner off 395 cell is 860 334 5799