PDA

View Full Version : STD seat vs BRP Comfort Seat

wiredgeorge
05-01-2015, 08:11 AM
What is the difference between a 2010 RT-S standard seat and a Comfort Seat? I haven't had much luck using the search function on this site and it must have been discussed previously but I can't find any discussion...

finless
05-01-2015, 08:39 AM
The big thing with the comfort seat is it moves the driver back 2" farther. It also has a different shape to the pan which is more comfortable.

I got one and love it as I am 6'4" and it really helped with knee fatigue. However make sure your partner fits in the back seat as they do loose that 2".

Bob

wiredgeorge
05-01-2015, 08:56 AM
No change to seat foam or gel added, etc.? Geesh, for the cost you would expect something more than 2" legroom for the long inseam crowd. Beyond Comfort seat and the Ultimate and Corbin, any other major seat manufacturers making seats for the RT-S?

PrairieSpyder
05-01-2015, 09:12 AM
I would definitely steer clear of an STD seat!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Highwayman2013
05-01-2015, 09:21 AM
One of the site sponsors does custom work.http://www.motorcycledave.com/

Chupaca
05-01-2015, 09:36 AM
All depends on what your looking for. There is more to it than the 2" but that is what people are looking for...passenger seating is better though shorter and comfort is better. Many custom build them and you have many through over comfort cushions. We have the comfort seat on our RS and love it...:thumbup:

wiredgeorge
05-01-2015, 09:40 AM
One of the site sponsors does custom work.http://www.motorcycledave.com/

Thanks... also saw another in various threads called KonTour...

finless
05-01-2015, 10:39 AM
There is also the Russel Day Long. I do not know if that is just a modded stock seat pan or an entire new seat? I have just heard about them.

Bob

wiredgeorge
05-01-2015, 12:10 PM
There is also the Russel Day Long. I do not know if that is just a modded stock seat pan or an entire new seat? I have just heard about them.

Bob

You are right. You ship your seat to them and they use the pan. Hard to figure what the cost will be from their site but looks in the same neighborhood as the others.

MEP
05-01-2015, 04:22 PM
I would definitely steer clear of an STD seat!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Now, that's funny

MEP
05-01-2015, 04:28 PM
No change to seat foam or gel added, etc.? Geesh, for the cost you would expect something more than 2" legroom for the long inseam crowd. Beyond Comfort seat and the Ultimate and Corbin, any other major seat manufacturers making seats for the RT-S?

I think there's a difference in the foam density but I am not positive. The Airhawk seat cushions are great products and more affordable than a new seat, and they get big thumbs up from riders who use them, if you're looking for butt comfort and not to gain 2 inches in length (as in the comfort seat).

Myron Ah
05-02-2015, 05:11 PM
I took the seat cover off a stock seat I bought and took my multi tool and cut out the lumbar support foam. There is a piece of wire(?) moulded into the seat area that I left intact. Basically gained the 2" and then had to take it to an upholstery place to get the cover re-stapled as my hand stapler would not do the job. The seat cover looks ok and the comfort is much better. This left the passenger area un touched except for the drivers back rest I added. My wife says all is good after todays' 70 mile trial run. Seat was 200+- found on here. 20 or 30 to staple the cover back on. Seems fine.